TEAM: Flab-U-Less (August)

Options

Replies

• jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Daily MUAC check in!

MUAC accountability check in
    Checking in on: 8/11/21 Wednesday evening (day 4)
    Logged food:yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: yes; walked 2.5 miles and did farm chores (cleaning coops)
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    divaajp316 wrote: »
    I’m sorry I haven’t been posting daily! I’m going to set an alarm to do that.
    I was 127.6 this morning 😊
    What does MUAC stand for?
    Here’s my previous post that explains :smile:

Hello team Flab-u-less

Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the MUAC. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, the Ultimate Accountability Challenge or the UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc). At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently?!

Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge starts Sunday August 8th!

Here's to a great August!!
  • Augos
    Augos Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thursday!
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes

11k steps, 45 minutes on exercise bike. Since I'm reducing useless spending, I thought to also look what I could do with food. So I got some fresh meat and salad materials to replace my usual higher carb dinners that I buy out. Went a lot easier than expected and figured out how to use MFP meals, so I wouldn't have to add ingredients every time. Just gotta keep the amounts consistent :) Hope to keep this up from now on
  • jennipooh82
    Options
    Oh my word! I forgot to post my MUAC for yesterday🤦🏼‍♀️ Went to camp and even went for a late night walk to make sure I was under calorie intake, but totally forgot to enter MUAC😵‍💫

I’m not sure if this will be counted as an entry but going to post anyways for my own accountability…

Checking in for: 8/12/21 Thursday on very early Friday morning (day 5)
    Exercise: yes; went to camp; paddle-boating & walked 1.86 miles
  • divaajp316
    divaajp316 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! Stepped on the scale today. 126.4!

I need to get better about checking this thread every day! I use the MFP app and the community section is a bit wonky. Any tips?
  • Augos
    Options
    divaajp316 wrote: »
    Hi! Stepped on the scale today. 126.4!

I need to get better about checking this thread every day! I use the MFP app and the community section is a bit wonky. Any tips?

Hey! It's enough to weigh yourself once per week on your weight-in day (yours is friday). So luckily there's no requirement to post it every day.

For every day challenges, we have the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge (MUAC), where you report daily if you logged food, were under calories and exercised. Helps you stay consistent. More info can be found on that here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/46172635/#Comment_46172635

And yeah, it's a bit wonky on the phone. So I prefer to check it once per day on my computer instead.
  • Augos
    Options
    Apologise for double post.

Friday.
    Logged food: yes

9k steps, 46 minutes on exercise bike. New dinner plan is in effect, but interestingly enough, I do feel a bit hungrier right after eating it every day. Not sure why
  • jennipooh82
    Options
    Checking in on: 8/13/21 Friday evening (day 5)
    Exercise: yes; 3 mile walk plus did some house work some of which was tedious.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    leni1us
    August Week 1
    PW: 152.6
    CW: 152.0

I have been sitting in the 152's for awhile. I would really like to begin September under 150. I need to refocus and get it done!
  • waterlily1290
    waterlily1290 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Waterlily1290
    Saturday August 14
    PW 156
    CW 155
  • tina9572
    tina9572 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Tina9572
    August week 2

PW : 172,8
    CW : 172,8
  • Augos
    Options
    Saturday

14.2k steps, no exercise bike today. Decided to make saturdays my rest days, because I've been training on exercise bike daily for months and I feel like my legs aren't getting enough rest after sessions. So will see if and how this changes things.
  • jennipooh82
    Options
    Checking in on: 8/14/21 Saturday evening (day 7)
    Exercise: yes; 3 miles walked this morning and lots of running about the house preparing for the day and gift passing 💖

Today was our yearly family “I Love You” day/ Anniversary dinner this is a special day for me and my family with all of our favorite foods and loved ones. I did well to stay under budget but not with foods I would typically eat daily. Tomorrow I’ll be back on track :)
  • Augos
    Options
    MUAC, Sunday

11.6k steps, 35 mins on exercise bike. 1661 kcal burned, 2151 eaten. It seems that my hunger after change of dinner is fading. After finishing it I no longer feel like I definitely need more. Also walked a bit more than planned, because I was a bit restless today about my coming busy week, so went for multiple walks. Ready for another active week!
  • Mimmica
    Mimmica Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Mimmica
    Sunday, Aug th
    Previous Weight: 282.0
    Current Weight: 281.5
  • jennipooh82
    Options
    Checking in on: 8/15/21 Sunday evening (day 8)
    Under calories: no :(
    Exercise: yes/no; I took 6962 steps today but it wasn’t my normal day. So no real exercise to day.
    We had to travel 3 hours south to get school clothes for our girls and then shop, then another 3 hours back…
    Tomorrow is a new day💖
  • Augos
    Options
    Augos
    Monday, week 3
    PW: 292.8
    CW: 287.7
  • dheliason
    dheliason Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    dheliason
    August week 3
    Monday
    PW: 153.7
    CW: 153.1
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    lq0pns9uwl9u.png
    **August Week 2**
    g3jetnqqnzsg.gif

This Week's Winners (posted 6-7 times):

@Augos.
    @Jennipooh82.

Will anyone else join for the Mini Accountability Challenge?! Daily check-ins have been known to help weight loss success!

mdls2vxf2leb.gif

Week 2 Results have been posted.

Congrats to our top 3:
    1st - @Divaajp316. - 1.71%
    2nd - @Augos. - 1.41%
    3rd - @dheliason. - 1.35%
    2uweco3mgzor.gif
  • jennipooh82
    Options
    Good morning I’m here for my weekly weigh in:

Username: jennipooh82