Way better than not bad. Beautiful 🀩
  • fitlin50
    fitlin50 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Everything looks fabulous!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,954 Member
    Options
    Thank you both. My inner perfectionist is working overtime lately... seeing flaws in everything I've done... I'm not going to redo anything but damn, the temptation to do just a little bit more...
  • DogloverTerri
    DogloverTerri Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Nooooo. You ARE a perfectionist πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Nooooo. You ARE a perfectionist πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Sadly yes... Luckily I'm not completely paralyzed by it...

First coat of semi-gloss white on the window trim. Looks like I'll need a second coat.

yig13ci884r4.png
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Well, this is going to have to do... lol

sf7m73u4rcrg.png
  • UncleMac
    Options
    This is the original half-door access to the crawl space. The vent on it (both sides) had missing and mismatched screws... as well as being plugged with dust/dirt... Clearly some airflow does go through the vent which kind of surprises me. ANYWAY, I took the vents out, cleaned them up and straightened them as much as they would, then replaced the screws with a matching set. I varnished the inside of the frame and painted the new trim.

5ip1kk13c7d9.png
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,043 Member
    Options
    Looks great! I know the feeling of caulking and painting trim. I only had a half a room to do, and it was arduous. I think I did a better job than the painter's helper, but it took me twice as long. But being a fellow perfectionist, I plan to touch up after the pro painter is done...lol.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    b3achy wrote: Β»
    Looks great! I know the feeling of caulking and painting trim. I only had a half a room to do, and it was arduous. I think I did a better job than the painter's helper, but it took me twice as long. But being a fellow perfectionist, I plan to touch up after the pro painter is done...lol.
    I think the pros do a good enough job... practice makes perfect(ish)... but they don't stick around to look at it day after day...

Yesterday's painting was on the longest piece of baseboard... just over 23ft long with one "joint" in the middle. I dared my son to find the joint. Now he knew roughly where it was but, even so, he needed to walk back & forth searching... and eventually pointed to a spot as a guess... He was close.

evv39gbisfqu.png
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Baseboards and door trim painting done!!

8i47dvs1you1.png
    q6exc0s5vgem.png
    jhaqd4lwpkpd.png
  • DogloverTerri
    Options
    Fantastic. Looks GREAT. Your wife is going to love it. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Fantastic. Looks GREAT. Your wife is going to love it. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

When I sent the pics, she was quite delighted by how things are turning out. Last bit of painting is the trim next to the stairs. I might also paint the baseboards upstairs...
  • fitlin50
    fitlin50 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It turned out great Wayne! Your hard work has really paid off!
  • UncleMac
    Options
    fitlin50 wrote: Β»
    It turned out great Wayne! Your hard work has really paid off!

I'm pleased with how everything looks. My inner perfectionist sees every flaw but, as the saying goes, don't let perfect get in the way of good enough.

I'm considering repainting the rest of the baseboards in the house. I have enough paint (I think?) and it would be nice to have the colour matched throughout the house.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    This trim is pretty basic and plain so a quick scuff with sanding block, then primer and paint...

ycmfha7zxw7f.png
  • DogloverTerri
    Options
    Good job πŸ‘
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Part of the reason for choosing this house... and for renovating the lower level rec room... was because I have a slate pool table. I finally got the table installed...

xr3izo8cdrmi.png

As much as I enjoy playing pool, I might sell the table with the house. It's large, heavy and expensive to move... plus it's a nuisance to have to make sure you have a room large enough for such.

The installer told me Palason Billiards (the Canadian manufacturer) no longer produces this model. In fact, they import most of their models from China nowadays. The only models they still produce in Canada are their top-end models... which aren't as good as this one...

There isn't much of an aftermarket for pool tables. Palason's top models currently sell for $9k Canadian.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    My wife asked me to send pictures of the pool table (she's never seen it assembled).

ckwlaoc6fpoc.png

This was after the stager and photographer left and I'd pulled a few things out to continue sorting etc...

26ul03q45rd9.png
  • UncleMac
    Options
    The levels between the rec room (with subfloor) and the rooms with tile (with membrane) are slightly different so I had to find a transition strip which addressed this. Finally found one!! Previous to these installations, the edge of the tiles and the edge of the vinyl plank were open/exposed. Now it looks finished!!

r5720wn7s0c5.png

cnrc3kqjnpq3.png
  • DogloverTerri
    Options
    You do good work πŸŒŸπŸ‘πŸ‘