TEAM: Gutbusters (September)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited August 2021 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• jilly__b0nes
    jilly__b0nes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, new to the team ☺️
    My name is Jill and I'm a 34 year old single mom to 3 kids. I've struggled with my weight for years and I'm really hoping to kick the extra lbs to the curb for good this time.
  • CastleOfIce
    CastleOfIce Posts: 44 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hey everyone, also new to the team.
    I'm a 33 year old male software developer in the UK suffering from long term obesity (415 lbs as of this morning). I've started back up on MFP as well as gotten the obligatory gym membership and hoping to make it stick this time as I've got a long journey ahead of me.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the team too. I just joined MFP 11 days ago. I'm Kat and I'm 61 and I need to lose 50 pounds. I've never counted calories before. But I can to this, I want to lose the weight for good, and not gain it back. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and my joints would appreciate it if I lost some weight.
    So if we start this Sunday and my weight in day is Tuesday is that the day I weigh in?
  • jilly__b0nes
    Options
    Sounds like you're off to a great start! I have faith that you're going to be successful 🥰
    jeepkat1 wrote: »
    I'm looking to lose 50 lbs more too (I'm down 20 already). And yes, your weigh ins happen Sun-Sat and you'll weigh in on the day you specified, your first weigh in will be Aug 31 ☺️
  • FushiaKat
    Options
    Thank you, is there anything else we need to do besides weigh-in on our specified day? I'm really excited to join this challenge. We can support each other in our endeavor to lose weight.
  • jilly__b0nes
    Options
    I looked through the August group thread and it looks like some members have been doing daily check ins for accountability. But I think only weighing in is mandatory.. personally I think staying active in the group will help me best to stay on track!

• FushiaKat
    Options
    I guess we will find out more after registration closes. Day 14 and under 1200 calories per day!! Yay!! Tomorrow I will make squash noodles, with sauce and cheese for lunch. I can't wait! I am having trouble drinking 8 glasses of water a day, but I'm doing my best. I'm around 6.5 cups per day. When I feel hungry, water is my go to filler.
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I looked through the August group thread and it looks like some members have been doing daily check ins for accountability. But I think only weighing in is mandatory.. personally I think staying active in the group will help me best to stay on track!
    Welcome Jill. I am so glad to hear that you are interested in being an active member. This has been a relatively quiet group compared to others I’ve been involved in the past.
    I enjoy seeing everyone posting their ups and downs, food discoveries, pains and jubilations.
    Hey everyone, also new to the team.
    I'm a 33 year old male software developer in the UK suffering from long term obesity (415 lbs as of this morning). I've started back up on MFP as well as gotten the obligatory gym membership and hoping to make it stick this time as I've got a long journey ahead of me.

Hello and welcome CastleOffice.
    You’ve got this! Have you gone to the MFP inspiration page? Some of the transformations are so inspiring and motivating.
    We will cheer you on - celebrate your victories and lift you up on days that are challenging.
  • Aseeral
    Aseeral Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new members. I’m excited for a new month. Now that I have gotten through some stressful things in my life, I hope to be a bit more active this month.

Just a little info about me. I am 45, and struggled with weight my whole life. I am now Prediabetic, so I’m trying hard to keep my carb intake under control. I’ve been bad at physical exercise so I hope to get better at fitting in more exercise into my day. I work as a speech and language technician in a Early Childhood Preschool in my school district. Under the supervision of a Speech Pathologist I get to provide speech therapy. I love all the little Preschoolers I get to work with. They are so cute and it is so rewarding to see their progress. I’m married and have a busy 14 year old son, that is hard to keep up with.

I’m excited for our new month to begin.
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I did the biggest loser for a while a few years ago, stopped and started again a few times.
    But I've gained and gone up to 12st 7lbs.
    I'm 42 mother of 3.
    1 adult, a preteen and 6 year old.
    I work in care with the elderly, I go to each clients home.
    So I'm in my car quite a lot which doesn't help.
    I've had hormones drive me crazy with causing joint pain and horrible fatigue.
    Untill I bought a juicer and finally was able to juice celery, yes celery and had a surprise from the results which seem even more crazy.
    It made me realise I've been lacking in other vitamins and minerals.
    It's given me the boost to get going and believe i don't need a Dr like I was starting to think.
    I've gained a stone in weight over the last year.
    I need to get it off now.
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,880 Member
    Options
    Hi team! So happy for the fresh faces and chat! I try to be active here, but get sidetracked too often. I’ll aim to be present this month!

I’m 55, married and work 75% time. I would like to lose 45-50lbs, but went up over the month of August. I’m re-focused now (got the child back to school) and I’m ready to continue trying to make progress. I just did my first ever full week of meal planning (I’ve kind of done a winging it job before) and focused on macros. With that in place and a plan for exercise, I’m ready for the new month!
  • jilly__b0nes
    Options
    Jilly__b0nes
    Week 1
    Sunday
    Starting weight: 199.2
    Todays Weight: 198.6

Please let me know if I've done this right ☺️
  • FushiaKat
    Options
    I just ordered a new scale, which will be here before my weigh in on Tuesday. My scale is soooo old!! I too would like to know the format we are supposed to post our updates in.
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I did the biggest loser for a while a few years ago, stopped and started again a few times.
    But I've gained and gone up to 12st 7lbs.
    I'm 42 mother of 3.
    1 adult, a preteen and 6 year old.
    I work in care with the elderly, I go to each clients home.
    So I'm in my car quite a lot which doesn't help.
    I've had hormones drive me crazy with causing joint pain and horrible fatigue.
    Untill I bought a juicer and finally was able to juice celery, yes celery and had a surprise from the results which seem even more crazy.
    It made me realise I've been lacking in other vitamins and minerals.
    It's given me the boost to get going and believe i don't need a Dr like I was starting to think.
    I've gained a stone in weight over the last year.
    I need to get it off now.

You Brits with your “stones” sending me to the calculator app. 🤣. Worse than us “Americans” with our pounds and feet and yards and such.
    Welcome to the group- good luck and have fun
  • FushiaKat
    Options
    Daily Post - Sunday
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes (just under)
    Exercise: yes, 2025 Steps

I had a good day. I ate a loaded baked potato for lunch with a small bag of frozen Buffalo Cauliflower on top. Popcorn for a snack, and Yogurt later.

I love counting calories, before I counted Carbs. I think I ate too may calorie's, but stayed within my carb count. I get to eat such a diverse range of food counting calories.
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Cindyk4919 wrote: »

You Brits with your “stones” sending me to the calculator app. 🤣. Worse than us “Americans” with our pounds and feet and yards and such.
    Welcome to the group- good luck and have fun

Hahaha it hey it's only fair, I'm constantly on those calculators double checking.
    I do feet, so yards and cms have to be calculated too.
    It's keeps us thinking 😂
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Jilly__b0nes
    Week 1
    Sunday
    Starting weight: 199.2
    Todays Weight: 198.6

Please let me know if I've done this right ☺️

Yes, perfect! great loss!
  • Keepingtrack1234