Replies

• Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,880 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes

I liked your check-in format @jeepkat1, so I'm jumping on the bandwagon! The above is for Sunday, since I'm still in the midst of Monday now. So far, so good. Also - your loaded baked potato sounded yummy!

This week for the first time, I've pre-logged my entire week's food. It took ages to decide what I would eat and get it logged, but I feel more confident that I'm meeting my calorie and protein goals.

I hope everyone is off to a good start today! Wanted to ask you all - what's a favorite workout song? Something that keeps you pumped up?
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Thank you but I can't take the credit, I copied it from another team. I've been spying on them to see how they are doing. B) I think for the calories they report over or under so I will be changing it to say over or under. Congrats @Calli1616 on pre-logging all of your food for the week. I would like to do that maybe next week, it's easier to shop for groceries that way. I love the feature that lets me copy from the day before or any day I have logged. I cant wait for my new scale to arrive today. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day.
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    gcwcyt1791eo.jpg
    No exercise, just a stressful end to the day.
    But it makes up for a couple of over done days of food.
    Day off tomorrow so I can relax.
  • FushiaKat
    Options
    I have a question? Lets say I don't eat all my calories and I'm under my limit, can those calories carry over in the same week? I'm thinking not because that would put me over my daily limits.
  • Calli1616
    Options
    I’ve seen some people focus on their weekly total calories over daily, and it seems to add in a little breathing space. I focus on daily, but let myself have a 100 calorie over/under without stressing about it. I think just having an overall deficit keeps lbs dropping.
  • CastleOfIce
    CastleOfIce Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    jeepkat1 wrote: »
    Thank you but I can't take the credit, I copied it from another team. I've been spying on them to see how they are doing. B) I think for the calories they report over or under so I will be changing it to say over or under. Congrats @Calli1616 on pre-logging all of your food for the week. I would like to do that maybe next week, it's easier to shop for groceries that way. I love the feature that lets me copy from the day before or any day I have logged. I cant wait for my new scale to arrive today. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day.

Pre logging helps me because I then know my snack budget.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Check in...
    Calories good (a little too much junk...I didn't pack.enough food for work)
    Exercise yes, leg day and 10k steps at work
  • FushiaKat
    Options
    Monday 8/30 Check In
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, but not very much. I have a very bad pain on the bottom of my left heel, just woke up that way about a week ago. Giving it one more week before I see my Podiatrist. My right knee is giving me problems too. It's a bit difficult to get around at the moment. I did manage to vacuum 2 rooms, and change the sheets on the bed. Plus cooking and taking care of our fur babies. We have 6 cats. Hahaha, I just remembered that I didn't put the sheets in the dryer after I got them washed.

I hope everybody had a good day.
  • CastleOfIce
    CastleOfIce Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Monday 8/30 Check In
    Exercise: yes, but not very much. I have a very bad pain on the bottom of my left heel, just woke up that way about a week ago. Giving it one more week before I see my Podiatrist. My right knee is giving me problems too. It's a bit difficult to get around at the moment. I did manage to vacuum 2 rooms, and change the sheets on the bed. Plus cooking and taking care of our fur babies. We have 6 cats. Hahaha, I just remembered that I didn't put the sheets in the dryer after I got them washed.

I hope everybody had a good day.

Can you swim? I often prefer to swim if I have any kind of ailment as it's much kinder to the body.
  • Jodee2021
    Jodee2021 Posts: 60 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    PW 187
    CW 187.6
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I have a question? Lets say I don't eat all my calories and I'm under my limit, can those calories carry over in the same week? I'm thinking not because that would put me over my daily limits.

This is your first time calorie counting, right?
    You will find out what works best for you. In general a couple of hundred calories for me can easily be “borrowed” and “loaned”. You really can’t think that way about days when you are over your calories by A LOT. Do you have an exercise tracking device? My Fitbit Versa tells me approximately how many calories I burn each day. It syncs with MFP and I can see my daily calorie deficit as well as my weekly.
  • Calli1616
    Options
    Tuesday Check-in

Track- yep
    Calories - under
    Exercise - got it all done, even though I had to pry myself out of the chair last night to finish up.
  • FushiaKat
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I wish I could go swimming, there is no place around here to do it. I'm basically a shut in because I have a immune system disorder (Rheumatoid Arthritis). Because of Covid I'm to limit my exposure to the public. I go to the market for food, and the doctor's offices, not much else. I can walk 2000 steps around the house on a good day, 3000 sometimes, 5000 makes all my joints hurt. I'm interested to see if I can lose weight counting calories at my current level of activity. I do have a cactus garden, maybe I can go pull some weeds.

• FushiaKat
    Options
    Weigh-In
    Week 1 - August 31st
    PW - 214.5
    CW - 211.4
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in...not a good one.
    Calories were great...until I went to town on some snacks. Stress eating at its finest!
    Exercise, great.
    Cest la vie
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,202 Member
    Options
    I wish I could go swimming, there is no place around here to do it. I'm basically a shut in because I have a immune system disorder (Rheumatoid Arthritis). Because of Covid I'm to limit my exposure to the public. I go to the market for food, and the doctor's offices, not much else. I can walk 2000 steps around the house on a good day, 3000 sometimes, 5000 makes all my joints hurt. I'm interested to see if I can lose weight counting calories at my current level of activity. I do have a cactus garden, maybe I can go pull some weeds.
    I love swimming; it's my favorite activity.
    But last year, I had nowhere to swim either. And I could barely manage a (1/4 mile) walk around the block. But I fixed an old recumbent stationary bike, and began riding that. Another option is to watch and participate in (as best you can) cardio workouts on YouTube. Marching in place, side to side, back and forth, doing leg raises, toe touches, etc.

It's certainly possible to lose weight without increasing your current activity/exercise, but I think it's far easier to combine exercise and diet rather than just diet alone.
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    September is officially here.
    I slept soo much better last night.
    It was broken sleep but its the step forward since last week's terrible 4 to 5 hours a night.
    So I'm pleased
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m Janice. A 61 year old grandmother of 5 with another one on the way. I work as a medical receptionist. I’ve been a yo yo dieter for years. Losing and gaining the same 10 kgs. Last year I had what seemed to be a gall bladder attack. I was advised weight loss would help the situation. I’ve been doing Keto or low carb and have lost about 6 kgs since May. I feel like I’ve finally found something that works for me because giving up sugar has given me control over my appetite. I am eating all the things I deprived myself of before. Bacon, fried lamb chops, cheese, nuts etc. I still have chocolate and ice cream sweetened with Stevia and the like. I don’t feel deprived.
  • FushiaKat
    Options
    Tuesday 8/31 Check In
    Exercise: yes
  • Calli1616
    Options
    Check-in for Tuesday
    Exercise: oh boy, yes. I sat all day long at work. Usually there's opportunities to get up and walk around, but yesterday did not allow for it. I got home and was exhausted. At 7pm I got out of the chair and did my workouts. So proud I avoided the dreaded chair gravity!
This discussion has been closed.