Step It Up September 2021 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    9/9

Cals, carbs and exercise all within established parameters (lol)

I really wish the $#++@)(ing scale would move.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    9/9

Cals, carbs and exercise all within established parameters (lol)

I really wish the $#++@)(ing scale would move.

The scale knows that you want it to move and it's being contrarian (as scales are wont to do)!
    :smiley:

Give it time, it will grow tired of its foolish games and it will change!
  • Ringbearer2
    Options

The scale knows that you want it to move and it's being contrarian (as scales are wont to do)!
    :smiley:

Give it time, it will grow tired of its foolish games and it will change![/quote]

Lol, mine is a monster. I have to move it, because it lurks in the guest room and we’re having company and no one gets to snoop on my stats. God knows what it will come up with when relocated.

• Ringbearer2
    Options
    9/10

Cals 1730
    Carbs. 112. What? Damned delicious, delicious Lamb Tikka Marsala.
    Steps 12,114

At least there are no leftovers.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    8/1/21- 212.0 lbs.
    9/1/21-200 lbs.
    Wanted under 200 lbs by 9/1 but can't complain about a 12 lb loss in a month! Have a NSV of being able to go upstairs alternating steps in the last 3 days. I haven't done that in 5 years, since I broke my leg in 10/15. My goal for this September is to keep myself on track, as I have been and lose 5 lbs. I know the weight loss will soon slow down.

9/5/21-200.4 lbs
    Stayed on track but had a procedure Monday with a clear liquid prep and it showed on the scale with my last loss and the slight uptick today. Keeping my goal of 195 lbs for Oct 1 and 190 lbs for November 1.

I did 97 minutes/8 miles on my Elliptical this AM. Got my heart rate up to 140-150.

9/12/21-198 lbs- I'm doing 99 minutes/8 miles, on my Elliptical on my 3 days off/week. Stayed on track with my Net Carbs and Calories this week. Have to go shopping today for uniforms. Can't continue to roll the waist down on my pants anymore. Down 57 lbs so far!
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    8/1/21- 212.0 lbs.
    9/1/21-200 lbs.
    Wanted under 200 lbs by 9/1 but can't complain about a 12 lb loss in a month! Have a NSV of being able to go upstairs alternating steps in the last 3 days. I haven't done that in 5 years, since I broke my leg in 10/15. My goal for this September is to keep myself on track, as I have been and lose 5 lbs. I know the weight loss will soon slow down.

9/5/21-200.4 lbs
    Stayed on track but had a procedure Monday with a clear liquid prep and it showed on the scale with my last loss and the slight uptick today. Keeping my goal of 195 lbs for Oct 1 and 190 lbs for November 1.

I did 97 minutes/8 miles on my Elliptical this AM. Got my heart rate up to 140-150.

9/12/21-198 lbs- I'm doing 99 minutes/8 miles, on my Elliptical on my 3 days off/week. Stayed on track with my Net Carbs and Calories this week. Have to go shopping today for uniforms. Can't continue to roll the waist down on my pants anymore. Down 57 lbs so far!

That’s fantastic!
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @Ringbearer2
    Thank you. I'm pleased and encouraged!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    9/11-9/12
    Okay football season has begun and so did some junk food. I fully expect a gain on the scale so I won’t be surprised. I did manage to stay within calorie goals and was fairly active but under hydrated. I’ll be back on track tomorrow. I decided to try a trial version of Noom to see what the hype is about. Anyone tried it while being low carb?
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    @taylok23 i haven’t tried Noom but I’m curious as well. Let us know what you think!
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    Saturday:
    Food was good, 125 grams protein, 122 grams net carbs. No planned exercise, but did spend the day doing housework and running errands.
    Sunday:
    Food was good, 112 grams protein, 137 grams net carbs. Spent the morning doing gardening, did 125 close grip push-ups in the afternoon (50 reps and then 3 x 25 reps).

Weight slightly up this morning, but we had take-out fajitas yesterday so higher salt than usual. Got a 1 mile ride in before work, so starting the week on a good note.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Week 2 - 279 min. An 18 mile bike ride Sat was a big help.
    Food has been hit or miss this week and I felt so bloated Sunday. Back to my routine yesterday and have a good low carb menu planned for camping this weekend. 3 days of hiking and kayaking on deck, can't wait.
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    tishsmith, what are some of your menus for camping choices?
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I need to buckle down and do more carb counting. I like the www.cronometer.com site for lisitng all nutrients and daily values consumed. what are some of your side dishes that are more low carb? I'm trying to spend my meals around vegetable dishes and smaller meat portions
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    9/14:
    Exercise: 17 mile bike ride before work, 125 incline push-ups (5 sets x 25 reps)
    Food: protein was good at 117 grams and carbs at 138 net grams

Started doing DB workouts today (at the house) since I couldn't get out on the bike this morning. Concentrating on shoulders/upper body since I figure my legs are getting a good workout already.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    tishsmith, what are some of your menus for camping choices?

I'm making chicken chili, steak & mushrooms and salmon burgers.
  • taylok23
    Options
    9/13-9/14
    Two good days for calories however in my trial of noom I’m not able to see how many carbs I’m consuming as this program “rates” food by calorie density. So I’ll go back to MFP once I decide whether to stick with noom for a couple of months. Based on what I’ve eaten though, carbs are in check. I’ve stayed super hydrated and haven’t been as hungry because of it. I’ve gotten on the scale the last two days and the couple of pounds I gained by overindulge seems to have dropped (aka just water weight). I’ve been pretty active so far this week to so I’m feeling pretty good in general.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    @taylok23 how are you finding the “coaching” aspects of Noom?

9/14. Since I forgot to eat today (really!) I assume my cals and carbs were all within goals 😀. I also clocked 9 walking miles showing a visitor around the city. So…good day?
  • taylok23
    Options
    @Ringbearer2 during this trial I only have a guide who messages facts and tips. If I start the program, I can have a coach to check in daily with if I choose one. The lessons you read each day are pretty common sense but good reminders that have impacted my choices for the day. I haven’t gotten into the psychology much yet but they have started to probe at what challenges you encounter and why ( ask why 5 times kind of thing). They also want you to weigh daily and a big focus is drinking water. All this seems pretty straightforward. I’ll keep you posted.