Downsizers - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 apple candy is like the corn candy people love to hate. It is shaped like an apple and has caramel on the back. They are about 3/4 inch square.

Wore compression socks out today. Feet felt good but I got lightheaded a lot. Gym 2 times and christmas store 3 times in an hour. Not looking good as helping.
  • Abi2131
    Abi2131 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Sunday

PW: 96.1kg
    CW: 95.8kg
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,380 Member
    Options
    Abi2131 wrote: »
    Weigh in day Sunday

PW: 96.1kg
    CW: 95.8kg

Are you not doing the step challenge anymore?
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I got back from the hospital with a power line in my chest for daily antibiotic infusions and a fuzzy boot which they tell me is a SITTING cast so no walking or driving. Will be on antibiotics for the next 6 weeks then see if doctors want to amputate toe. Am hoping for recovery and no more surgery but it is what it is.

Spent the last couple of days sleeping so not many calories. Am awake today so calories are up. Its been in 70 degrees here since I got home. Am looking forward to next week when it warms up and I can sit outside again. So jealous of all of your workouts. This sitting and laying around is getting really old. Love reading about what everyone is doing. Spent the past couple of days catching up on everyone’s posts while waiting for ivs at my local hospital. Hospitals here are getting swamped with Covid and have placed surgery restrictions to essential surgeries only. Not sure what that is as they were making cardiac patients wait last year.

@lindamtuck2018 Congratulations on no more insulin and reaching onederland. That is fantastic!

@mari_moulin hugs to you and wishing you a speedy recovery.

@tahm42 hoping you feel better soon. Covid is so unpredictable in the ways it affects different people. Wishing you a full recovery.

Glad you are back home!! I do hope you recover without having to have surgery. Not sure what state you live in, but here, Alaska, we have some the highest growing Covid-19 numbers in the Country. It is ridiculous... So bad, that nurses speaking at a public hearing, about how bad it is in the hospitals... got booed/heckled/threatened/etc. off stage. Anyway, forget about emergency surgery, let alone elective surgery. For reference there are way, way less than 1M people in the whole State. My city had 1700+ Covid-19 cases one day, last week.

The good news Hubs and I have had our Pfizer boosters for over a week. We got them as soon as they became available from public health. None of the debate wrt whether or not they are necessary for healthy individuals, or whatever is going on currently...

I love my State, full stop. The politics are a whole other issue, lol. Forgive my rant. I am sincerely glad you are back home. Sending you positive healing thoughts!! Lee☺
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 9/25:
    Steps - 4890. Thought I would have more with me going to the gym and being in a store for an hour.
    Calories - 1525. Had an acorn squash for dinner. Very tasty.
    Exercise - gym. 7 machines and 10 minutes bike. 2 miles. Level 8. I took it easy at the gym. Didn't want to mess up my back again.

I got the squash recipe on simplyrecipes.com. baked acorn squash with butter and brown sugar.
  • Abi2131
    Abi2131 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

I am not able to do more than 2K everyday. So I stopped updating. :/

• jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone! so today I might pop to the gym again and usually I have a gym buddy then we go swimming ..I might go swimming alone I am not sure just yet. Last night I went for a walk and it was lovely met a new friend to go walking with and we had a good old chin wag and we will do it every Saturday night!
  • bonnierose49
    bonnierose49 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bonnierose49
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW 235.4
    CW 241.7
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Join the challenge today and share your Non Scale Victories with us all! WEEK FIVE CHALLENGE-NSV

nx4nch9zcpvu.png

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    @red1185
    A loss is a loss! Great job recognizing you needed the day off. Weight loss is not just about what we eat and exercise.

@mthomas0228
    Thanks MJ! Scales are an awful pain in the butt sometimes. You are doing everything right so yes they will move but don’t let that it hasn’t yet frustrate you.

@Piqueaboo
    Super job exercising everyday. Enjoy that last week of vacation.

@Beautyofdreams
    Thanks Deb! I hope you recover and need no more surgery. I am beginning to think Covid is with us forever. The cases have been going down the last week in Ontario so I hope the trend stays that away.

@Bluetail6
    Thanks Lee! I read recently that exercise 2 before bedtime can interfere with sleep. I have thought about going for a gentle swim in the evening but I am nervous about sleep. What time do you have to finish your workout by to keep it from affecting your sleep? I am glad you got your booster. They are going to be slow to roll out in Canada.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @rwood566
    Hopefully, the compression stockings will start helping after a few days wearing them. Good exercise day in spite of the lightheadness. I am jealous of your Christmas store. I would love to have one year round here. I really have to try cooking squash one of these days.

@Abi2131
    Nice loss!

@jayenguk
    Swimming is my absolute favourite exercise. I can see the shape of my shoulders changing from doing laps. Enjoy your exercise day. It’s fun having a walking buddy.

@bonnierose49
    How was your week?
  • Fab464
    Fab464 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sunday Weight-in:
    Last weeks weight: 215
    Today's weight: 215

No changes on the scale, but other small victories - Tried on an old pair of pants that were tight, fit perfect now. Feeling stronger with more energy.

This coming week I'm going to switch up my fitness routine a little. On top of Kickboxing, I'm going to take my first Jiu-Jitsu class. Wish me luck!

Best wishes this week for hitting your goals!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Saturdays check in

✅ Steps 5k daily
    ❌ Zone minutes 597/650
    ❌ Stay within calories
    ✅ Track food accurately

Too much red in today’s check in. Was slightly over calories. Decided to eat a chocolate bar very late last night. 🙄 I did pretty good on the zone minutes for the week even though I was short on my goal. My ear is still sore and I am dizzy but I am hopeful to be back in the pool tomorrow. 🤞

Happy Sunday!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Fab464 wrote: »
    Sunday Weight-in:
    Last weeks weight: 215
    Today's weight: 215

No changes on the scale, but other small victories - Tried on an old pair of pants that were tight, fit perfect now. Feeling stronger with more energy.

This coming week I'm going to switch up my fitness routine a little. On top of Kickboxing, I'm going to take my first Jiu-Jitsu class. Wish me luck!

Best wishes this week for hitting your goals!

Great NSV! Let us know how the class goes.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Abi2131 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

I am not able to do more than 2K everyday. So I stopped updating. :/

Okay then I can remove you if you would like or you can post 2000 steps ...Please let me know ...Thanks
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In for Saturday 9/25:

Calories: In Allotted Range
    Water: 90+ Oz
    Exercise: 2 Mile Run + Legs/Glutes/Calves Strength Workout + Yoga Stretches
    Alcohol: AF
    IF 16/8: Fasted 19+ Hours
    Sleep: 9hrs5mins (Friday Night)

Slept in late Saturday morning and got a lot of sleep! Was worried sleeping so late would make the day feel rushed with all I had on my list to do, but got it done and still was able to have a stress free day

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    9/25 Steps = 8,610
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited September 2021
    Options
    6qpyee2rxzmn.png

Here is my friendly reminder of the people's steps I need for September Week 4 ... Please have them in no later than Tuesday 9/28..Thank you :)

@red1185 9/25
    @amymartin555 9/20- 9/25
    @Shannonsto 9/19-9/25
    @Abi2131 if you want to post you can 9/19-9/25
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTP0oaLo6UCy_LEw6iBTxtLfJ24mNck8LbEpQ&usqp=CAU

m3c3tvyz8s8o.png

tfbmoig7qhkm.png

TEAM RESULTS
    By Percent
    s4ndlldneavv.png
    By Pounds
    qlng6ell0gvu.png

INDIVIDUAL RESULTS
    By Percent
    3jtdx63sqcwa.png
    By Pounds
    qcb2rgptxrou.png
    471u43au3avq.png

YOUR TEAM'S BIGGEST LOSERS (WINNERS)
    wqfclraldsvq.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Congrats @mthomas, @Fab64 and @amymartin555 for being our top 3 weight loss losers :) Also congrats Downsizers for coming in 2nd :) You are all doing amazing ... :)
This discussion has been closed.