lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Calories-under today
    Steps 6,000
    Calories burned 560
    Daily intensity minutes 120
    Early w/o yes

I get my walks done in the morning.
    I get some dancing after supper for about an hour each day.
    For strength training I Iike to do a variety of strength training exercises about three times a week.
    It's such a sunny day here today 🌞.
    Have a great day, everyone!

I also like to get my workout done in the morning! Great day!

jayenguk wrote: »
    ok so for October I want to go to the gym a lot more and start to step up the game on my exercise.
    I want to eat healthy food and not have a lot of snack food (though I will have some)
    I want to do more swimming

Fantastic goals for October!

Piqueaboo wrote: »
    6qpyee2rxzmn.png

Here is my friendly reminder of the people's steps I need for September Week 4 ... Please have them in no later than Tuesday 9/28..Thank you :)

@Piqueaboo 9/20-9/25
    @rlaskey2 9/21, 9/24 & 9/25
    @red1185 9/25
    @amymartin555 9/20- 9/25
    @Jpedno 9/20- 9/25
    @Shannonsto 9/19-9/25
    @Abi2131 if you want to post you can 9/19-9/25

Yay steps time!
    • sunday 12 200 (19.09.2021)
    • monday 19 423
    • tuesday 19 026
    • wednesday 23 502
    • thursday 6 277
    • friday 19 319
    • saturday 11 547
    • sunday 16 671 (yesterday)

I don't think I've ever walked this much lol

That is some serious stepping!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Welcome to the team @WTGNicole @MJ_Keto and @tinaBawesome
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @tinaBawesome
    Just wanted to share that I have type 2 diabetes and recently was able to get off insulin. Weight loss, eating better and physical activity helps. Good luck with your journey!

@Poobah1972
    Did the tens help with your elbow? Sounds like you had an amazing workout. It makes me want to push myself harder with my pool workouts reading about yours.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    It’s the last week of the September challenge! Time to look back on the month.
    1) What did you do well?

My binge eating was very minimal.

2) What gave you trouble this month?

Transitioning back into calorie counting after a 2 week vacation.

3) What do you want to work on in the coming month?

Tightening up my eating. I want to incorporate more fruits and veggies. Make sure my average calories stay below my goal.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,382 Member
    Options
    9svp784uxfln.png

It’s the last week of the September challenge! Time to look back on the month.
    1) What did you do well?
    2) What gave you trouble this month?
    3) What do you want to work on in the coming month?

1)I haven't done well since my 2nd hernia surgery back in April
    2) not measuring my food and not caring
    3) I will be back to weighing in with my awesome team .... I will be going back on keto on 10/1...I will measure everything that goes into my mouth and I will be walking with my daughter and my husky 5 days a week aiming for 5 miles each time...

My daughter's 16th birthday is 10/5 but since I am going back on Keto on 10/1 her and I will celebrate tomorrow at home with chicken fried steak ...mash potatoes.. corn and cheesecake ...we were gonna go out but I am high risk so she said why don't we just make dinner at home ......I have an awesome daughter :)
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Username. amymartin555
    Weigh in day. Monday
    SW 184.0
    PW. 136.4
    CW. 136.2

Well it is a loss so I will take it. I am not sure how true this is because my scale bit the dust and had to replace it this morning. It could be off a little in either direction. We will see how I do next week.

NSV. This week i had a pair of Jean's that were snug in May become so loose that i am able to pull them on and off without unbuttoning or unzipping them. That is a great feeling!

I am really enjoying reading about everyone's days in this group. It really helps me stay on track. It keeps me motivated knowing I have to post in this group every week.

• Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 steps
    9/20 5,737
    9/21 7,648
    9/22 8,635
    9/23 10,187
    9/24 12,895
    9/25 11,885
    9/26 9,670

I just returned from vacation in Houston. Making plans to get back on track tomorrow.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Good evening everyone.
    A hearty welcome to our new or returning members.
    Check in for 9/27:
    Steps - 9135.
    Calories - 1769. Hopefully it is close to accurate. Ate lunch at wild animal park.
    Exercise. 3 hours at the park. Walked hills on one side (gorillas) and then went across the park and walked more hills (condor ridge and tiger trail). Slow walking but did well. Worst aches were in the gift shop at the end. Wore my compression socks.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in (9/26 stats):

Steps: 3,483
    Floors: 12
    Calories Burned: 0
    Daily Intensity Minutes: 0
    Total Intensity Minutes: 664/150
    Early W/O: Another Rest day😊
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    I have been focusing on having my workouts finished before 9 p.m. That might sound late, but for me it isn't too bad. If it is after 9 when I finish, I don't count it as an early workout. Also, if it is getting late and I can't finish by 9 p.m., I will make it a lighter workout. I don't go to bed, usually, till after midnight. So if I can get done by, say, 7 p.m., all the better.

I have my Garmin week set from Monday through Sunday.

The questions you are asking for the end of September are great!! I will answer them tomorrow (later today.) I would like you to put me back on the schedule, this Thursday for weigh ins. I decided it is for the best. Now that I am in a fairly routine exercise routine, I want to focus on getting to goal, as well as exercise. I know I can up my calories and not go too crazy, thus far!! I suppose the proof is in the weigh ins.😉
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Did the tens help with your elbow? Sounds like you had an amazing workout. It makes me want to push myself harder with my pool workouts reading about yours.

It may have helped, but my elbow still definitely has issues. The first set of Bent over rows is the worst, and the preacher curls hurt pretty good to at the completion of the set when I relaxed. I should probably take a few weeks off completely, but I'm really hesitant about that sort of thing. It's a work in progress? I also got the heating bad, so I'll wrap that on my arm at work this morning too for good measure. Thanks Linda.

And welcome aboard @tinaBawesome :)
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Good morning! 😀

I had the best of intentions last night about taking a good long walk this morning. But a long fitful sleep, and sore bones and muscles suggested strongly to stay in bed this morning. Lol... Oh man, I'm telling you. I failed to overcome. lol 😆😅

It's all good though, Since we Can't do our Leg work out on Friday, we are hitting them hard tonight, and Maybe, Just maybe I'll get a walk in at the park at Lunch time today. I figure chances are I'll have over a 1000+ exercise calories by the time I hit the sack tonight, and that's just fine with me. 😜

On the bright side though, I don't remember both biceps aching so much through the night, I'm assuming we must of did something right? Good? Yes? No? Maybe? Ouchies, definitely. 💪👍

Alrighty, time to drag my lazy *kitten* to work. 😉

Have a wonderful day boys and girls! 🤗😋🤗
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I think you did something’s well in September. One big one I can think of is you stayed active with the group even though you were on support. You have a solid plan for October. Happy early birthday to your daughter!

@amymartin555
    You stayed in green for the month! That’s a great NSV!

@Bluetail6
    I will add you back to the spreadsheet. I need a starting weight from last Thursday. You could also weigh Thursday and use that as your starting weight for October. Let me know.

@Poobah1972
    I should have worded my question differently. It is not so much that the tens cures the issue but provides pain relief. I think you did the right thing and listened to what your body was saying.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Quick update team.

I’m doing much better each day but still struggling quite a bit with pain. I went to see my surgeon today and they’ve changed my bandages. All is looking great and healing nicely. I will need to go back on Friday to see if can start removing my staples. As far as workouts go, I will need to wait at least 2 weeks before I can start up again slowly. I think I can manage 2 weeks without it. I’m already trying to at least get my 10k steps in daily so at least I’m not completely sedentary.

Hoping to be back on top of things for the new month.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday check in
    ✅ Steps 5k daily
    Zone minutes 47/650
    ✅ Stay within calories
    ✅ Track food accurately

All green finally! I am back in the pool today which is good for several reasons. Number one is my back and leg. The pool is the one place I have no pain. As much as I enjoyed the walk yesterday, the pain after is hard to manage. Also, I know walking is good exercise but I can’t go fast or walk long enough to increase my heartbeat. That’s why I have such low zone minutes for the first 2 days this week. So today I will be doing both laps and a water weight workout.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Quick update team.

I’m doing much better each day but still struggling quite a bit with pain. I went to see my surgeon today and they’ve changed my bandages. All is looking great and healing nicely. I will need to go back on Friday to see if can start removing my staples. As far as workouts go, I will need to wait at least 2 weeks before I can start up again slowly. I think I can manage 2 weeks without it. I’m already trying to at least get my 10k steps in daily so at least I’m not completely sedentary.

Glad you are healing but I wish you didn’t have so much pain. Will you be weighing this week?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I think you did something’s well in September. One big one I can think of is you stayed active with the group even though you were on support. You have a solid plan for October. Happy early birthday to your daughter!

Thanks Linda... I can not believe my daughter will be 16 next month :o ....
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We have a returning member joining us ... Please welcome @Kitty2Kats :)
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Quick update team.

Glad you are healing but I wish you didn’t have so much pain. Will you be weighing this week?

Yes I will do a final weigh in for September on Saturday. The swelling has gone down quite a bit now so I should be good for an accurate weigh in. Hope I can come in with a loss asu workouts are not gonna be happening for quite awhile.
This discussion has been closed.