Downsizers - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,485 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    vqaqu96gb75t.png

Just back from vacation and it was so great to relax and see family. I also received a job offer. I am so looking forward to finalizing that on Monday. My husband starts his new job Monday as well. Time to get our lives back on track after a long diversion for so many but specifically my beloved travel industry.

This also is a time for me to start new routines with kids going back to school and me back to work. I think I have some time before I start so if I do I plan to pack the freezers with healthy family dinners.

Welcome back from vacation! Congrats on the new job! Making meals and freezing them is a great idea.

Abi2131 wrote: »
    Abi2131
    Weigh in day Sunday.
    PW - 97.8
    CW - 97.1

Awesome loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    @jimboden3
    It’s great to see you post. Love that quote. Can you give me a starting weight and are you still weighing on Monday?

Hi Linda - Yes, I'm restarting my weigh-ins tomorrow. I guess my starting weight will be 213.6 which is last Monday. Sigh - I have some work to do to get back to where I was before my injury.

Once you get into a routine you will do fine. Don’t look back just at the future.

Jpedno wrote: »
    1. Tell us a little about yourself?
    I live in the high desert of beautiful New Mexico. 40 years old, married with a cat named Winston. I’m an avid gardener and really into native plants. I work in the non-profit industry.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?
    So many reasons. I turned 40 last year during the pandemic. Weight has crept up over the years, my clothes don’t fit anymore. I am on a ton of meds right now for ulcerative colitis, including prednisone. I want to be healthy and I know it isn’t going to get easier the older I get.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?
    Emotional eating, eating whatever I want when I’m sick. Also, alcohol makes me eat more and not care about consequences. Food triggers are cookies, baked goods, bread, cheese, crackers, ice cream, etc. I generally only allow for one drink during the week- usually Saturday night after weigh in. I try not to buy crackers or cookies. Another big trigger is travel eating... wanting to experience everything when I travel (like gelato every day in Italy)

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb
    i just try to count calories. It doesn’t work for me to eliminate Foods. Moderation keeps me sane. I can’t imagine a life where I can never have pizza, cookies, wine. Otherwise I am vegetarian. But I am also 5’ tall so if I am not diligent about measuring and counting it is very easy to go over my calories.

5. What is your favourite way to workout?
    with friends! Love a walk or hike with friends or with a good podcast or playlist. I also really like classes at the gym - spin and bodypump (weight lifting to music) are my go to classes right now. In the past I have been a (slow)runner and into yoga.

6. What are some of your goals this month?
    Stick with it. Not get complacent. Count my calories every day and take advantage of fresh summer produce.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team?
    Inspiration, motivation, strategies for this journey

Nice to learn more about you. The travel eating is an upcoming issue for myself. Mindfulness is going to get me through it.n

Sleep is something that is hit and miss these days so it is not a realistic goal. Same with the reminders to move. I missed one yesterday as I was driving in the car. When I get back I will set some realistic goals.

I’m also struggling to get my sleep in. I’m aiming for at least 7 hours a night but I’m always under. Some days as low as 3 hours. It’s quite difficult because I need to get up very early for gym but can’t go to bed until all the boys are out. Especially Sam who will get up and wonder around if I fall asleep before him. I hope things normalize once everyone is back in school.
    rlaskey2 wrote: »

Just back from vacation and it was so great to relax and see family. I also received a job offer. I am so looking forward to finalizing that on Monday. My husband starts his new job Monday as well. Time to get our lives back on track after a long diversion for so many but specifically my beloved travel industry.

This also is a time for me to start new routines with kids going back to school and me back to work. I think I have some time before I start so if I do I plan to pack the freezers with healthy family dinners.

Congratulations on your new jobs! Wishing you both the absolute best! Good luck getting yourself back into a somewhat. Penal routine with back to school. Any wait to see what you prep for your family dinners!

I can only imagine trying to do it with kids. When my grandkids they like to stay up later so I am up with them. I am hoping the nice ocean air will help me sleep on holidays later this week.

bonnierose49
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW 236.8
    CW 236.8
    Thank you @LindaMTuck for inviting me to this group

It’s my pleasure. I look forward to meeting you in person while we are home.

j2lee89 wrote: »
    It's my first weigh in day for the official challenge!

Username: j2lee89
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 200
    CW: 192.4

Let's rock this week, Downsizers!!!!
    Fantastic loss! Onderland is an awesome achievement.

Piqueaboo wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Not my best week, had little energy but still tried ^^
    • Monday 4 919
    • Tuesday 17 845
    • Wednesday 8 890
    • Thursday 5 830
    • Friday 12 786
    • Saturday 20 673
    • Sunday 13 028

Total: 83 980 (let me know if it's helpful to you if I put my weekly total, fitbit calculates it automatically!)

You had some really great step days in there. How is your sprain?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    8/28
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 86oz
    Steps 6168

After we all got up for the day, the kids and I drove out to where my parents were camping to enjoy the outdoors. The campground had a fantastic playground the kids were obsessed with so we went there three different times over the course of the day. There was a big basket swing there that I got in and enjoyed a couple of times. Guarantee I wouldn't have even tried getting on it just a year ago haha. Enjoyed some good cooked over the fire, and even made myself a few roasted marshmallows. Though I see from @rwood566 post I was two days early on that lol. It was a great day and we spent the night in the camper. We got up this morning and came back home.

Sounds like fun! You go day camping and stay with in your calories. That is awesome.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    WOW! Top of the leaderboard for both week 4 and the month. Downsizers rock!

Congrats to our top losers for week 4 and the finale:

@Beautyofdreams
    @amymartin555
    @rwood566
    @Aqualang26

Congrats to those who stayed green for the month!
  • THUNDER5453
    THUNDER5453 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 @lindamtuck2018

Apparently I created some confusion about my starting weight here it once again

User Name: Thunder5453
    Weigh-In Day:: Friday's
    Current Weight: as of 8/27..280.2
    Original Weight: 277.8
    I hope this clears up the misunderstanding
    Greg
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,053 Member
    Options

Greg

Yeah it was a bit confusing when you signed up ...Thanks for clearing it up ... I am sure Linda with let @jugar know :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the whole team for all the hard work you did this month. The team couldn't have done it without each and every one of you.

Congrats to those who made the lists.

Congrats to our team admin for helping us all push hard and pop this win out.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Greg

Thanks Greg! I have entered your starting weight in the spreadsheet.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everybody. Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

Check in for 8/29:
    Steps - 6537. I need a long walk.
    Calories - 1657.
    Exercise - just a little stroll tonight. Either a long walk early in the morning or gym. It is still mid 90s and humid here.
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, its bank holiday here and I have the day off! yesterday me and some work colleagues went for a carvery and I tried to make healthy choices, had only the turkey, limited to 5 very tiny roast potatoes and a small scoop of cauli cheese and a Yorkshire pudding and the rest was veg and it was handsome...I was stuffed to the brim didn't have any pudding and literally was all I ate apart from breakfast and a small snack later.

Right now I feel in control with everything, today I plan to go to the gym and I need to do a food shop also. have a great day all!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    So finally a check in!! My goal is to post daily starting, 08/29, through the month of September. I haven't gone to bed yet, so it's still Sunday to me...
    Anyway, @lindamtuck2018,was kind enough to put me on the cheering squad till early October. How can I cheer, If I don' check in daily...? I can't, lol. I shall endeavor to post the following daily, re, my world according to Garmin:

8/29/21:
    Steps: 12,798
    Floors: 6
    Calories Burned: 720
    Intensity Minutes: 931/150 (this is my total for the week.) I think I'll just post them as they happen daily.

A few things: I gained some weight during the summer (ankle injury, lots of travel). My last recorded weight on Downsizers, 8/5/21, was 143.6. On, 8/28/21, I weighted in at 145. This was from an all-time low of 137 on 6/10/21. My starting weight, 9/1/20 was 194. I'm giving you this information for some reference. I am focusing the next month or so on exercise, and won't be recording weekly weight here.

I am doing quite well, and glad to be home for a bit before traveling again.😊

Additionally, I will weigh in here on 10/14/21.

Finally, I will do a proper introduction (not sure if I have ever done that...) later today. And... wait for it... post a photo on the aforementioned weigh-in day!! Please be well and stay safe out there. Lee 😊💖

P.S. Hubs says I have a flair for the dramatic, true... Said photo will include a face shot. Now that I have never done before on MFP, lmao!!!

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Oh and Congratulations Team!!!! You are all absolutely fantastico!!! WOOOOOOOOO WHOOooooooooo!!! :smiley:

And special mentions to

@Beautyofdreams
    @amymartin555
    @Aqualang26
    @jayenguk
    @rwood566

For putting us over the top!!!! You guys are Amazing! :smiley:

(And thank you, I'm not half bad myself. ;))

😋🤗🤗🤗
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Aug 30, 2021)
    PW: 213.6
    CW: 211.4
    SW: 240

Last week was my first time to walk (for exercise) again since mid-May due to a double hernia and recovery from surgery and it was great to get out although I could tell my time off really set me back so I'll be clawing my way back to getting fit again but the break did reignite my motivation so I'm excited to work towards making progress with my updated goals. Up early as usual and did a quick walk to start off what I know will be a busy day. I was glad to see a good first week back as I hit a scale spike earlier.

Thankful to be back with the group again.

@lindamtuck2018 - Please add me back to the Monday weigh-in schedule (I noticed I was missing in your reminder).
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Aug 30, 2021)
    PW: 213.6
    CW: 211.4
    SW: 240

Last week was my first time to walk (for exercise) again since mid-May due to a double hernia and recovery from surgery and it was great to get out although I could tell my time off really set me back so I'll be clawing my way back to getting fit again but the break did reignite my motivation so I'm excited to work towards making progress with my updated goals. Up early as usual and did a quick walk to start off what I know will be a busy day. I was glad to see a good first week back as I hit a scale spike earlier.

Thankful to be back with the group again.

@lindamtuck2018 - Please add me back to the Monday weigh-in schedule (I noticed I was missing in your reminder).

Sorry Jim! I added you to my list last night and totally missed adding you to the post this morning. Awesome loss! You are starting back with a bang.
This discussion has been closed.