Downsizers - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Good morning all, nice day off today and I plan on getting in the gym again today to do more biking and maybe some weights. I'm toying with doing a spin class but I'm not sure I have the confidence just yet ...we will see soon! have a great day all and good luck to any weigh ins!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,493 Member
    Options
    My weight today is 172 pounds.

Can you confirm your previous weight and your current weight? If you post your weight in the following format it makes it easier for me.

Username:
    PW:
    CW:
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Good Thursday Morning guys....

Darn near stayed in bed this morning... But I didn't.

Got my *kitten* down stairs a bit late.. But I had enough time for 12 full rounds of boxing.

Unfortunately, my FITBIT Snapped off my arm FOUR TIMES!!!! 😑😠😡🤬

Each of the first THREE TIMES I had to stop, remove my boxing gloves... Pause the round... Reattach my fitbit... and put my gloves back on... This takes a lot of TIME!!!!! 😠

Listen I hate to break it to you guys... But I'm not always Mister Jolly Rogers in the Morning. NO NO NO!!!

I was just about pissed enough to just toss my F'n gloves and say the F@#% with it ALL this morning. Finally, when it snapped off and hit the floor for the 4th time, I DID SAY F@#* It! I just left the Fitbit on the floor and I continued boxing.

I lost so much time messing around taking off and putting on gloves that I only had time for 10 rounds this morning.... Thank God Lynn was on the Elliptical beside me this morning and was able to help otherwise it would of took even longer, and hell I just may have quit without the help.

WHaa Whaa Whaa... Listen to the big baby. Yeah I know.. It's true..... Sometimes the truth ain't so wonderful huh?

But I got through it... And I have to investigate yet another way to fix this gosh darn Fitbit to my forearm when boxing. I wish the safety feature of snapping of the band under tension wasn't a thing or it would have been perfect. (I bought some band extenders top make the band much longer...)

Kay so I'm calling this 750 calories... Might have been more. I guess we won't ever know.

Oh and guess what, I've been contact by that site I ordered my medicine ball rebounder from... And I have a new tracking number. So who knows maybe I'll actually get what I ordered? Still doesn't explain the random stuff arriving I didn't order. So strange. Anywhoo I'm Crossing my fingers🤞

And with all that... CHEERS! Damn it! (And have a wonderful day. 🤗🥰😋)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hi all! sorry for the late update and missing of steps- I had an important assignment due yesterday and everything else just blew outta my head!

littleflutterby
    Tuesdays
    PW- 294.8
    CW- 294.6

So the last couple of months have resulted in a total of about an 11lb gain which is driving me crazy. Having been completely stationary for 2 months because of my knee, and struggling to stay on top of my food plan. I was going to just enjoy an off-plan rest of August, and forgot that this week was the first week of September! haha.

But, at least a small loss compared to the previous week. I am back on it food-wise, and drinking my water! I'm also back to work 3 times a week! So burning off those calories for 24 hours + a week! I'm going to try and do some walking too now the weather is cooling down (because I'm not about that 40+ Celsius humidity!

8 weeks until I'm due to fly home to surprise my family (covid restrictions permitting) so I would still like to be under 280lb by then (it was originally a goal for 250 but that isn't happening haha) so definitely need to buck up my ideas!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous start to the month!

Don’t let those 11 pounds frustrate you as your back on plan and they will be gone before you know it. Sometimes life throws us a curve ball and we have to readjust. Sounds like lots of positives to bring you into September. Are you able to do your swimming anymore? The count down starts for you to visit family and I am on the last day to visit mine. Hopefully, the UK will keep Canada on their list. You have lost over 80 pounds so that is a major accomplishment.
    Another good blood pressure day. The mornings are so much better now! Yippee! However weight went up to 138 lbs. Evidently prednisone causes water retention in addition to increasing your hunger signals, and encouraging fat depositions in the face, abdomen and between the shoulders. Ugh. It also thins your bones which am way too familiar with along with a few other side effects. Not to say that you can’t lose weight while taking it. I have been on it over 12 years and have been able to lose weight while on it. It requires sticking to your calorie limit, drinking lots of water, avoiding salty foods and taking calcium and sometimes potassium supplements along with exercise and your doctor monitoring your medicines.

Went to the movies today with my mother and sister. It was difficult for physical and emotional reasons. This was only the second time I went to a movie since Kevin died. We used to attend this theater almost every weekend. He would have enjoyed the movie and sitting in the balcony.

Hope everyone is enjoying the first day of fall and has great weather to get outside and enjoy the day.

So glad your blood pressure is settling. You overcome so many obstacles during your weight loss journey but you don’t let them get in the way. I truly admire that. I could definitely learn a lot from you.
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Another super busy day in Poosville. 😬💩

Forgot my phone at home on top of it.... Felt pretty disconnected today, specially from my Lovely Lynn. 😐😪

Also missed some of you on Instagram, and that's sad, cause your messages made me laugh. There was the Pain in the *kitten* without the pain in the *kitten* and... "THE DOG ATE MY F$@#IN LUNCH" Hahaha 😅😂🤣😁... (The accent just makes it better).

Um so yeah... Things are looking up. My foot pain has all but disappeared over the course of the day, my legs are feeling normalish(it's a word kay). And we just had a fantastic workout after work!!!! HELL YES!!!! 💪😆😀😋

So, I'll just really skim on the workout... But generally, it's improvements all round for both of us again.

70lb DB Chest press... Managed 9/8/8 reps so I'm just going to go ahead and try 75 next week. And I'm hoping I can squeeze out at least 6 in all 3 sets. But I may be pushing it a bit here. But I guess we will see. 🤞👍

Heck everything else was great, or moving up... No Shoulder pain, not even during Fly's. Every single exercise is now at the original desired rep counts... REHAB is officially 100% complete. Triceps seem to be making strong gains these last 2 weeks. 💪😆😎

Off topic...

I took a gamble and ordered a "Medicine Ball Rebounder Trampoline" from a shady site. The rebounder was a VALOR FITNESS RX-T2. On the site it was going for like 99 bucks... with exchange and all that stuff, it ended up costing 130 or so... For something that costs 225 USD and is out of stock in North America. So, I knew this was a gamble.

So, I received call from UPS yesterday that I had a customs charge of 17 dollars to pay on an Air Freight shipment from China, so I figured this must be the package, because I currently have no other packages on order (I've literally stopped buying s#it for the gym other than this). So paid it. Checking the tracking, it was currently in Osaka Japan, and scheduled to fly into Hamilton Air Port sometime next week. But surprise, UPS walks in and delivers a package today I wasn't even expecting Originating from the same city in China as the one I paid customs on. This package however had no customs charge.

The problem is... I have no idea what this thing actually is. It's about 4.5ft long metal post, that I'm 99% sure isn't part of the thing I ordered but it may well be piece of something "Fitness" lol. And It's a completely different tracking number, so I still have that other package coming, and now who knows how many other packages? The weight of the package that is still on route is only 6.9KG and the weight of the thing I want should be about 23KG.. SO, I'm certain that it won't be what I ordered either.

So, what the heck is going on? You think if a company was going to rip me off for 130 bucks, they wouldn't actually ship anything at all.. Not just ship me random stuff?

And further more... That was a large piece of crap... And this stuff is flying Express from China? Like doesn't that cost lots of money in the middle of a global trade shipping crisis? How can multiple packages of something be coming to me at what seems a reasonable cost? (Well would be more reasonable if it was what I wanted lol) for 130 bucks.

This is just weird! 😜

Anyway... Why get a medicine ball rebounder. I encourage you to look it up on YouTube. Specifically, "20 great Rebounder Trampoline exercises with a Slamball & Medicine ball"... Cause I think it will be something I would really enjoy, that offers an intense form of cardio/core and general fitness training. Winter is coming, and it doesn't hurt to have another option. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to pony up more money and get one from a reputable site. (Should have known better Darn it. 🤦‍♂️😁😆)

Nuf... Sweet Dreams Everyone! 🤗🥰🤗😀😋

PS Fitbit says my resting heart rate is now 67. New Record. 🤓😆

PSS forgot to stop the clock on the weight training by about 30 minutes. 🤦

2nu1v07ye6hm.png

Great workout! I need tips on rehabing a shoulder. The cortisone is slowly wearing off and it hurts like hell. A surprise package. That’s fun. I hope you get what you ordered soon. I googled it and it looks like an intense but fun workout.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. How was this hump day?

Check in for 9/1:
    Steps - 5386 plus 22 minutes recumbent bike moderate level.
    Calories - about 1650. I have to start writing it down. It's looking like I am pretty consistant calorie wise. Maybe this will be a good maintenance level? Something to ask my weight doc.
    Exercise - gym this morning. 7 machines and recumbent bike. People kept jumping on the machines I wanted. one lady just sat on one and chatted on her phone.
    Weight loss for august - 11.6 lbs. Even had a 1.2 lb raise today. Still going strong which is surprising. Thought it would have started slowing.

Welcome @RTC300

@Poobah1972 good luck figuring that out. Hope it doesn't cost you any more.

Great gym session. I would be so peeved off if someone did that. I would definitely say something to her. That’s a fantastic weight loss for the month.
    RTC300 wrote: »
    So I am a latecomer to this group very last minute, but I am dedicated to working with this group and winning some challenges.

username- rtc300
    WEIGH-IN DAY - Monday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT - 375
    So far had a great day to start the month off right. Good eating under goal did 5000 fast steps and 30 Walls, so not bad, but this can be done with more.

Welcome to the group! Definitely sounds like a great start to the month.

Abi2131 wrote: »
    ✅Track food and 1350 calories
    ✅Steps 5000
    ✅2L water
    ✅Breathing exercise for 20 mins

Four ✅ makes for an awesome day!

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    8/31:

Steps: 7957
    Floors: 10
    Calories Burned: 491
    Daily Intensity Minutes: 110.
    Total Intensity Minutes: 110/150

9/1:

Steps: 8235
    Floors: 21
    Calories Burned: 335
    Daily Intensity Minutes: 73
    Total Intensity Minutes: 183/150

Love all those zone minutes. Do you have a weekly goal for zone minutes? You have lots of choices for cardio at your house. I would love to see Alaska. If I ever went on a cruise it would be an Alaskan cruise.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @jayenguk
    I challenge you do do the spin class. The only way to become confident at something is to just do it.

@Poobah1972
    Fitbits are the most frustrating device I have ever owned. I have replaced mine so many times since 2015. I had to get another new one in June 2020 and I am waiting on a shipping label to replace it for the second time. This time it’s under extended warranty and I get a gift card to Best Buy for the amount it cost me. I am seriously considering getting an Apple Watch. In the meantime I have to continuously reset my Fitbit. Anyways, you kept boxing in spite of the frustrations. Awesome job!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday check in

✅ Steps 9,685
    ✅ Exercise
    ✅ Water

Last official check in before Newfoundland. This time tomorrow we will be on our way. I am nervous about my food while I am there. I will be eating out way more than usual. Tomorrow we are going for fish and chips. Can’t go to Newfoundland and not have fish and chips. 😀 Saturday I am having lunch with my brother. I am sure there will be other days of restaurant eating plus lots of get togethers. I want to get back to London with minimal weight gain.

No exercise today as I have to finish packing(6am flight) and make sure the apartment is clean. I have a load of wash in already and I am about to start dusting. I hate dusting.

I will be posting weigh in reminders and entering your weights in the spreadsheet. My father-in-law does not have wifi and i don’t get the best cell reception where he lives. Megan is going to help me on those days. I will miss you guys and will try my best to read everything you post. Forgive me but I won’t have time to comment on posts. I will try and post a few pictures from my beautiful home province Newfoundland.

Have a great Thursday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    lindamtuck2018

PW 202.6
    CW 200.2

Just can’t hit an official weigh in at onderland. So close!
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 16,814

Started off my day with a walk with a friend after getting the kids on the bus before the rain came. Their busses are an hour apart so still working out the new routine. I am tired not used to getting up this early but at least it’s a short week with Friday and Monday off.
    Hopefully I am more productive the next two weeks before I start working.

@lindamtuck2018 enjoy your time with family. I know you have been looking forward to this for so long.

@Poobah1972 i find fitbits to be so poorly made. I have had so many and mine now is possessed by the devil. I am going to switch to Apple Watch just waiting until the new ones comes out this fall in hopes the others drop in price.
  • 1002Shed
    1002Shed Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey All! Apologize for my late response! Not to proficient with all this group thing however I did weigh in last Sunday (274lbs) and have been sticking at least to 35 minutes a day of cardio. Eating good this week with high protein low carb (1500 calories). Appreciate the accountability here and look forward to this! Jim
  • Fab464
    Fab464 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Username: Fab464
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday (I know, it's Thursday)
    PW: 219
    CW: 219
    SW: 245

I'm not starting off very well! I week in and I've become a horrible team member - falling behind on everyone's posts and my own weigh-in. Please allow me to play catch-up this morning :)

1. Tell us a little about yourself?

I live in Northeast Ohio - where the weather can be all four seasons in a day. I'm 35, married, live on a small hobby farm where we raise sheep, chickens, and ducks. We also have a guard Alpaca that goes by Rosie. Some of my interests include - Kickboxing, gardening, reading, and 4-wheeling. I work full-time as a Geographic Information Systems Analyst for a tree company.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

This is a loaded question - a perfect storm of reasons hit. I officially retired from competitive softball in 2019, my activity level decreased, and sitting on my butt increased. The weight started to pile on. Feeling the stress and decrease in health on top of the fears of the pandemic was enough to push me back into shape.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?

Stress eating & Sugar addictions. I started kickboxing and meditation about a month ago to help with stress management. Moving more and taking time to rest, at least at this point has made a big difference.

4. Do you have a favorite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb

Currently, I'm staying within a 1,500 calorie budget. This time of the year it's pretty easy since my garden is providing an abundance of fresh veggies. When I start to look into different diets, I start to get a bit overwhelmed with the rules or guidelines. I do try to keep it simple, reduce refined sugars, some limitations to complex carbs.

5. What is your favorite way to work out?

Kickboxing! It's a total body workout. I've never been a runner, but I'm slowly starting to dig it using a couch to 5k training app. For the winter season, I'm looking into a gym membership to start lifting.

6. What are some of your goals this month?

Keep pushing forward - Loose 5lbs - Veggies I can't eat get canned, dehydrated, or frozen so I've got amazing produce during the winter.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team?

Motivation, Inspiration, and Friendship
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Wednesday 09/01

✔️Track my food
    ✖️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 3/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/29 - 22,678
    08/30 - 23,722
    08/31 - 16,327
    09/01 - 10,013

Happy Thankful Thursday FitFam! ♥️

It’s back to school day here in my neck of the woods and on top of that it’s my littlest ones birthday today! 6 years old already.

I also got my workout in today and have officially finished my C25K program. Also started IF today. I hope I can stick to that 🤞🏻.

💪🏻♥️👍🏻
    i6hmiha8p6dx.jpeg

for those who would like to follow me on Instagram…

IG - maris_transformation_journey
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    8/30
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 81oz
    Steps 13683

Got up early and met my parents at the lake for the 3mile loop. Won't be able to do it every day like last week though, dad is traveling for work the rest of this week. Had a NSV when I got dressed after the walk and put on a pair of capri's that were too tight a month ago. My weight may not be changing much, but clearly my body still is.

Great NSV! Do you do measurements?

I do have measurements from when I started and a few times along the way. I haven't taken them recently though.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    So I am a latecomer to this group very last minute, but I am dedicated to working with this group and winning some challenges.

username- rtc300
    WEIGH-IN DAY - Monday
    So far had a great day to start the month off right. Good eating under goal did 5000 fast steps and 30 Walls, so not bad, but this can be done with more.

Would you like to join our step challenge? If you do then all I need from you is a step count that you plan on hitting daily and for you to post your steps in here either daily or weekly
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

username- rtc300
    WEIGH-IN DAY - Monday

Welcome to our awesome team ... Wishing you the very best on your journey .... If you have any questions please to do not hesitate to ask ...Linda and I are here to help in any way :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    If anyone of the newcomers would like to be added to our step challenge ...Please let me know ...If you do want to be added please include a step count that you would like to hit daily and please post your steps in here either daily or weekly ... Every week I post the top 5 steppers and recognize everyone who hit the step pledge :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    8/31-9/1
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 81oz/83oz
    Steps 9055 / 16111

Tuesday morning I was suppose to meet dad at the lake for our early walk but it was storming when my alarm went off so no such luck. Got my kids off to school and decided to use the elliptical instead. 17min in and I get a call from the preschool that my daughter has a tummy ache and I need to pick her up. It was not an easy day for getting my work out in haha. I did end up getting my steps for the day by walking in place at night though.

Yesterday dad and I were able to meet early for our walk, no rain! Don't know what was up with my daughter the day before because she was fine at home so she went to school. Ran one errand after dropping her off and booked it back home for my nieces to get dropped off at my house. Mowed the lawn after my kids got home. Did a bunch of work on baby clothes for the sale at night. No problem with steps this day haha.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 16,814

Started off my day with a walk with a friend after getting the kids on the bus before the rain came. Their busses are an hour apart so still working out the new routine. I am tired not used to getting up this early but at least it’s a short week with Friday and Monday off.
    Hopefully I am more productive the next two weeks before I start working.

@lindamtuck2018 enjoy your time with family. I know you have been looking forward to this for so long.

@Poobah1972 i find fitbits to be so poorly made. I have had so many and mine now is possessed by the devil. I am going to switch to Apple Watch just waiting until the new ones comes out this fall in hopes the others drop in price.

Thanks! There will be lots of hugs tomorrow. It takes time to settle into a new routine for sure.
    1002Shed wrote: »
    Hey All! Apologize for my late response! Not to proficient with all this group thing however I did weigh in last Sunday (274lbs) and have been sticking at least to 35 minutes a day of cardio. Eating good this week with high protein low carb (1500 calories). Appreciate the accountability here and look forward to this! Jim

Welcome to the group. I logged your weight. Sounds like a great week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Fab464 wrote: »
    Username: Fab464
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday (I know, it's Thursday)
    PW: 219
    CW: 219
    SW: 245

I'm not starting off very well! I week in and I've become a horrible team member - falling behind on everyone's posts and my own weigh-in. Please allow me to play catch-up this morning :)

1. Tell us a little about yourself?

I live in Northeast Ohio - where the weather can be all four seasons in a day. I'm 35, married, live on a small hobby farm where we raise sheep, chickens, and ducks. We also have a guard Alpaca that goes by Rosie. Some of my interests include - Kickboxing, gardening, reading, and 4-wheeling. I work full-time as a Geographic Information Systems Analyst for a tree company.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

This is a loaded question - a perfect storm of reasons hit. I officially retired from competitive softball in 2019, my activity level decreased, and sitting on my butt increased. The weight started to pile on. Feeling the stress and decrease in health on top of the fears of the pandemic was enough to push me back into shape.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?

Stress eating & Sugar addictions. I started kickboxing and meditation about a month ago to help with stress management. Moving more and taking time to rest, at least at this point has made a big difference.

4. Do you have a favorite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb

Currently, I'm staying within a 1,500 calorie budget. This time of the year it's pretty easy since my garden is providing an abundance of fresh veggies. When I start to look into different diets, I start to get a bit overwhelmed with the rules or guidelines. I do try to keep it simple, reduce refined sugars, some limitations to complex carbs.

5. What is your favorite way to work out?

Kickboxing! It's a total body workout. I've never been a runner, but I'm slowly starting to dig it using a couch to 5k training app. For the winter season, I'm looking into a gym membership to start lifting.

6. What are some of your goals this month?

Keep pushing forward - Loose 5lbs - Veggies I can't eat get canned, dehydrated, or frozen so I've got amazing produce during the winter.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team?

Motivation, Inspiration, and Friendship

Welcome aboard! Thanks for answering the introduction question as it is nice to learn about our teammates. What type of veggies do you grow?

Daily Check-in: Wednesday 09/01

✔️Track my food
    ✖️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 3/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/29 - 22,678
    08/30 - 23,722
    08/31 - 16,327
    09/01 - 10,013

Happy Thankful Thursday FitFam! ♥️

It’s back to school day here in my neck of the woods and on top of that it’s my littlest ones birthday today! 6 years old already.

I also got my workout in today and have officially finished my C25K program. Also started IF today. I hope I can stick to that 🤞🏻.

💪🏻♥️👍🏻
    i6hmiha8p6dx.jpeg

for those who would like to follow me on Instagram…

IG - maris_transformation_journey

You have some handsome boys. They must take after their Mom. Our babies grow up way to fast. Congrats on finishing your C25k program. Good luck with the IF. That is something I want to get more strick with when I get back. I tend to struggle getting a 16 hour fast on the weekends.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    8/31-9/1
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 81oz/83oz
    Steps 9055 / 16111

Tuesday morning I was suppose to meet dad at the lake for our early walk but it was storming when my alarm went off so no such luck. Got my kids off to school and decided to use the elliptical instead. 17min in and I get a call from the preschool that my daughter has a tummy ache and I need to pick her up. It was not an easy day for getting my work out in haha. I did end up getting my steps for the day by walking in place at night though.

Yesterday dad and I were able to meet early for our walk, no rain! Don't know what was up with my daughter the day before because she was fine at home so she went to school. Ran one errand after dropping her off and booked it back home for my nieces to get dropped off at my house. Mowed the lawn after my kids got home. Did a bunch of work on baby clothes for the sale at night. No problem with steps this day haha.

That sure is a big jump in steps. Those lake walks make a difference.
This discussion has been closed.