I PREDICT

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    I have seen them in my neighborhood as well
  • stiggymt
    stiggymt Posts: 1,111 Member
    My daffodils are ina a shady spot so they won't bloom for awhile yet.
  • CSEGUIN2
    My neighbors lilacs have tiny buds. Haven't seen any blooms around yet. But soon I am sure with the heat.
  • CSEGUIN2
    I was a day off. Lilacs started to bloom today.
  • CSEGUIN2
    What do you predict will be the highest temperature in your area this year?

I predict it will reach 105 °F this year.
  • stiggymt
    I haven't check my lilacs yet. But it's covered in leaves now. I see a lot more leaves now than when I left a couple weeks ago.

Our high for the year will be 98 degrees.
  • stiggymt
    My lilacs are budded out. They should b opened up really good for Memorial Day this weekend.
  • CSEGUIN2
    We reached 105°F yesterday with the humidity. I think we might be in for a very hot summer.
  • stiggymt
    We finally got summer! It's in the 80s now. It feels so nice!
  • stiggymt
    We were supposed to have triple digit temperatures this weekend but we didn't quite make it. It was 98 today. But UT was 104 in Missoula.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Wow
  • stiggymt
    Here is another "I predict"

I predict the first frost will be September 23.

That would be 32 degrees in the US and I think 0 degrees in Canada. Maybe you already have had it. Our lowest has been in the low 40s.
  • CSEGUIN2
    I predict our first frost will be Oct 1st. We are still seeing some high temps this week.
  • stiggymt
    We finally had 32 degrees this morning, October 20, so I was almost a month off.

So next prediction, when will the first snowfall happen?

Hmm It's predicted on this Sunday. So will the weather prediction be right? Or not? I'm guessing it won't happen. Our first snowfall will be on Halloween.

When will all the leaves fall from the trees.? I predict it will be November 1.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Well I was wrong about the frost as there was only one chance so far and didn't happen. We had snow on Thursday. I predict we will have another year that leaves stay on trees.
  • stiggymt
    Snow was way down on the mountains, but not here in town.1aa6mnlrfhpz.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    Such a beautiful view. Normally I love and look forward to the snow. Not sure this year as I am busy and may struggle to keep the walks clean and safe. Can't stand when other people don't do it. I know how much I struggle and I am not physically challenged.
  • stiggymt
    I should have taken a picture of the Dancing Indian Boy. It's a natural formation on a mountain. You can only see it when snow is on the mountain. I see it on the way to Missoula.
  • stiggymt
    No snow yet right now, but there was a dusting of snow at TOPS. It's a higher elevation about 8 miles from hereci9bjvtwwz04.jpg
  • stiggymt
    I looked back because I thought there was "I predict " for first snowfall. We are getting out first snowfall here in town right now.

Some of the trees have lost all their leaves, but a few still have leaves. As windy as it's been last night and today, I would have thought they would all blow off.