Daily Bible Reading and Thoughts Shared

Options

Replies

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,672 Member
    Options
    Bible Reading

Proverbs 28:1-13

Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.” Proverbs 28:13 NLT

Commentary:

A Call To: Repentance

I have always found confession of sins a fascinating aspect of our faith. I am sure each of us has different views on this very idea. My ideas have evolved throughout my faith journey.

At times, confession can feel religious-like something mandatory. There was a point in my journey when I discovered the power of confession. A pastor was giving a sermon on James 5:16 and the gospel account of when Jesus healed the paralytic man in Matt 9:1.

In James, it says, "confess your sin to one another and pray for one another, for the prayers of a righteous man is powerful and effective."

The paralytic man wasn't necessarily confessing his sin, but he made his needs known to his friends. His friend's belief that Jesus could heal him was so strong that they pushed through the crowds of people and broke a hole in the roof where Jesus was holding a meeting.

Here is the interesting thing; Jesus responded by saying, "Son, your sins are forgiven." At that moment, a crippled man received a revelation. Jesus is more than a miracle worker. He is the Son of God who can forgive us and heal us at the same time!

Imagine a child skinning their knee, doing something they should not have been doing. They hide it from their parents because of the shame they feel. Then because they did not seek treatment for the wound, it becomes infected and gets worse. I imagine God feels this way when we think we have sin under control or when we wait for it to get so bad before we confess and ask for help.

The funny thing is that God already knows what you have done. He is just waiting for you to expose the problem to a trusted believer who joins you in faith and approaches God for healing. Not only does God promise to heal, but He also gives mercy, not punishment.

Reflection:

Could you use a few friends fighting for you in prayer? Ask Jesus who your praying friends are for this season of your life.

Praise + Prayer:

Lord, show me friends who I can trust and begin to build deep bonds and relationships with in this season of my life. I pray that these friends will go to great lengths to help hold me accountable towards my healing and wholeness. I pray that I will be brave to share my struggles with these trusted friends and that You would be working in their hearts to hear my heart. I pray that as I bring these areas of my life that I have kept hidden, I will be able to start walking out my freedom that is found from the cross. Thank You for going ahead of me and working everything out for my good. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Bible Verse for Today

Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away.” Acts 3:19 NLT

Commentary

"Sorry, I'm late." "Sorry, I yelled at you." "Sorry that I forgot." The list goes on. You have people in your life that have apologized, and you accepted their apology because you knew it was sincere. You have other people who apologize to you over and over, and it's clear, "I'm sorry" is just empty words.

Webster's dictionary defines repent as "to turn from sin and to change one's mind." But C.S. Lewis takes it a step further. "Repentance means killing part of yourself, undergoing a kind of death." So how do we repent in a way that we turn away? A great place to begin is a long conversation with Jesus. Ask Him to show you why this sin has a hold on your heart and how He can change the desires of your heart.

As you repent, consider the cross of Christ.

"It was the sight of Thy dear cross,

First weaned my soul from earthly things,

And taught me to esteem as dross

The mirth of fools, the pride of kings.” Henry Bennett

Reflection:

Is there something that even as you repent, you still treasure in your heart? Since Jesus has wiped your sins away, is there any way that you need to walk away from sin?

Praise + Prayer:

Jesus, I praise You for setting me free. I now see that my repentance is choosing You and running into Your arms.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Bible Reading

“But if a wicked person turns away from all the sins they have committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, that person will surely live; they will not die.” Ezekiel 18:21

Commentary A Call To: Repentance

Do you ever wish you could see a Bible character come to life in your day and age? Would you like to see the radical transformation of Saul of Tarsus to Paul? Saul was a wicked person who killed Christians. He lived a life of sin. When God came into his life, he was radically changed.

A few months ago, I watched a church service on tv where an angry rapper who lived for himself, fame, and love of money radically changed. He went from singing songs about money and wild living to singing about how “Jesus Is King.” Today, he no longer sings his old songs at concerts. He only sings songs that glorify God. He completely turned away from his sin to follow Jesus.

Maybe you’re not as wicked as Saul or the rapper, but “all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23. There comes a point in everyone’s life when we have to decide whether or not we’re going to repent, turn away from sin, and follow Jesus. I pray today is that day for you. If you turn away from all your sin, you will surely live!

Reflection:

Is there an area in your life which isn’t pleasing to Jesus?

Praise + Prayer:
    Lord, I am a sinner. Forgive me for when I have failed You. I repent of my sins and want You to be Lord of my life. Wash me clean and give me a new heart for You. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Bible Reading

2 Peter 3:1-9

Key Verse: Verse 9

“The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9 NIV

Commentary

Does anyone ever say “Take your sweet little time” anymore? Usually that’s the last thing we want to here in the age of right now where deadlines are fast and furious and patience is a lost art. Everything is about speed. High speed internet, microwaves, instant oatmeal, Amazon same day two hour delivery, the Disney speed pass, you name it, there’s a quicker way to do it. We don’t have to wait for much so we don’t like to wait. Afterall, who’s got time to wait?

That’s when we discover that our sense of time and speed is very different than God’s. Finishing fast, being in a hurry and shaving off time is not always a good thing. Repentance is an area for slow and deliberate speed that we can come to appreciate with the Lord.

Making changes to turn away from sin is required in order to avoid perishing. God, is making an accommodation by being slow. He is giving more time for more people to turn around and make changes because He doesn’t want anyone to perish. Lent is the perfect time to benefit from his generous patience and work on your own areas of repentance and for reaching out to others who are lost and need to be brought to repentance. It’s not God’s demand but it is certainly His desire.

Reflection: What is the Lord giving you more time to change? Who can you reach out to and start sharing your faith journey of repentance with to inspire their repentance?

Praise + Prayer: God, thank You for Your patience with me. In the speed of life I often want to rush Your timing, but I know that You have a purpose in the slowness and it’s for my good. It’s because You want what’s best for me, my family and my community. You won’t force us but You want us all to make it. Thank You for this season of Lent to work on areas of repentance and glorify You in the process.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Bible Reading

Psalm 103:1-5

Key Verse: Verse 5

Commentary

A Call To: Praise

This is actually one of my favorite Psalms. Whatever it is that we call worship doesn’t compare to this exuberant expression of praise. It means praise God with all we’ve got! It means the external expression coming from the internal feeling of love and praise: soul and body.

Think about all He’s done for you. Don’t you forget it! He’s forgiven your nasty sinfulness. He even makes you healthy. When you’re in the pits, He brings you out and redeems you from your hopeless condition.

On top of fixing the nasty stuff, He replaces it in your life with an experience of love and compassion. He causes us to desire good things, not bad. AND, at my stage of life, he renews my energy, passion, and youthfulness. I can fly! Like an eagle!

Reflection:

What are some of the things you can bring to mind that God has done for you in terms of forgiveness, wellness, wholeness, love, desires and energy? List them.

Praise + Prayer:

Holy God, where can I begin this lenten season to adequately praise You for all You’ve done for me. My soul is bursting with expressions of praise for salvation, health, wholeness, joy, love, and energy. May my outward expression of praise this lenten season reflect the feelings in my soul. And if my soul is not in tune, tune me up for greater appreciation for You and what You’ve done for me. Amen.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Bible Reading:

1 Thessalonians 1:1-18

Key Verse
    Verses 16-17

Always be joyful. Never stop praying.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17 (NLT)

Commentary

As we are walking with Jesus during this season of Lent, it’s hard to think of this season as joyful. If you have watched any Easter movies depicting the last days of Jesus on earth, then you have seen the pain and misery He went through. So how can we always be “joyful?” The answer is simple.

Joy isn’t an emotion. It’s a deep knowing that our God is in charge and in the end, we win. We don’t always understand the whys, but we can always put our trust in a loving God who is working all things for our good.

Paul, the writer of this book, also wrote a letter to the Church at Ephesus. Under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, he tells them to “Rejoice in the Lord, always.”

Where was Paul when he wrote that? Was he in his home sitting on his favorite chair enjoying his favorite beverage? No, he was in prison. The prisons then were dark and gloomy. His future was uncertain. But Paul said- rejoice! He saw the positive because he had complete trust in God.

So where can we get this strength to be joyful?

The verse right after this is the key. Never stop praying.

Prayer gives us the strength. Prayer is the pipeline to the source of joy. When we plug into the Holy Spirit, we are connected to real joy - no matter what the circumstance.

Prayer isn’t something we just say over a meal or at the beginning of church meetings as if it were a “to do” item we check off our list. No, it’s continuous.

The Holy Spirit is with us 24 hours a day. Prayer is a conversation we can have and it’s as simple as whispering His name - Jesus.

Reflection:

On a scale of 1-10, how joyful are you? Is there an area where you need to trust God more?

Praise + Prayer:
    Lord, I want to have joy in my life. Forgive me for not always trusting You. I need You in every area of my life. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit that is with me every moment of my day. I am not alone. You are with me and I am grateful. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Expectations

(Palm Sunday)

Bible Reading for Today:

Read John 12:12-19

When Jesus entered Jerusalem on the donkey, He was met with the pomp and circumstance of a king. The crowd of people who celebrated Jesus that day had an expectation that He would be the one to overthrow the government and make all things right for them. In their eyes, the daily problems they faced would soon be remedied by this illustrious King Jesus.

That first Palm Sunday was filled with hope and promise. But the hope and promise of the people were misguided. They thought Jesus was here to fix the problems they could see—the frustrations and inconveniences that kept contentment or happiness at bay.

But Jesus did not come to deal with the surface problems, He came to eradicate the deepest wounds of the soul—sin.

How many times do you come to Jesus, wanting Him to handle the situation in front of you when what you really need is a rescue from your sin?

We know now what the crowds of Jerusalem never knew, so we can celebrate Palm Sunday with fresh eyes.

But it is important to keep our expectations of Jesus in check. When we come to Him, let us first acknowledge His kingship over our sin. Only then can our expectations be aligned with the true King Jesus. His sovereign reign is broad enough to cover all sin and the frustrations and inconveniences of your daily life.

But Jesus wants our allegiance before our agenda.

This Palm Sunday, surrender your expectations and worship Jesus for all that He is.

Easter is coming, and we know how the story ends.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Bible Reading:

“Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield. For our hearts rejoice in Him, since we trust in His holy name. May Your loving devotion rest on us, O LORD, as we put our hope in You.” Psalms 33:20-22 ESV

Commentary:

As a teenager, my Aunt Mini challenged me to read from Genesis to Revelation each year. When she saw the hesitation in my eyes, she quietly said, "I read this book cover to cover four or five times a year." In the years that followed, I began to read cover to cover and discovered Jesus at the center of the story.

In Adam and Eve, he covers our shame. In Abraham, he keeps his promise of a son; in Jacob we wrestle until we finally trust Him. In the book of Daniel, a fourth man appears in a fiery furnace that looks like a God. Isaiah prophesies of a lamb who is pierced for our rebellion and crushed for our sins.

When we finally turn the page to the book of Matthew, we see Jesus. He is worth the wait! We cry out, "Our soul waits for the LORD: He is our help and our shield." We bring our treasure and lay it at his feet, and we place our hope in Him. He is our long-awaited Messiah, and our hearts rejoice in Him.

Reflection:

Are you waiting for someone to change your life? Is your hope slowly turning to this person, or are you waiting for Jesus? During Lent, do I focus on what I am giving up, or what Jesus has given up?

Praise + Prayer:

Jesus, I see You in the pages of Scripture, and today I see You in the pages of my life. Forgive me of any time when I turned away or grew impatient. May Your loving devotion rest upon me.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    The Blood

(Good Friday)

Bible Reading:

John 19:16-30

Commentary:

Singing about blood often creates tension.

Throughout the history of the church, singing powerful songs centered around the blood of Jesus has been a pillar of faith. But blood can make some feel uneasy, even shocked or queasy. But it is clear that Easter could not exist without the sacrificial blood of Jesus. Knowing this, why does it hit a nerve when Christians sing about the blood?

Sacrifice should never be passive for the Christian and it definitely was not for the devout Jew at the time of Jesus’ ministry. Blood sacrifices were meticulous, expensive, and gruesome. But they were necessary. God’s repulsion of sin so clearly opposes mankind’s numbness to sin, and yet God chooses to love His creation anyway—through the lens of an innocent blood sacrifice. It’s a hard truth to wrestle with as a believer.

When we sing about the blood of Jesus, we are not singing about a blood sacrifice to satisfy a few sins, or all sins for a little while, like the ancient Israelite would use. Through the ages, God’s people searched for the greatest sacrifice to honor God, but God honored us with the perfect sacrifice of His Son. Jesus’ blood cleanses all sin, of all people, for all time, in all ways. His blood is pure and holy. Perfect and set apart. So, you can sing about the blood with confidence and boldness because, without the innocent blood of Jesus, Easter is nothing but a tragedy.

God, in His sovereign mercy, gave us the promise of Good Friday. That promise reminds us the blood Jesus spilled was not in vain. God’s promise proves the bloody cross was not a mistake. Jesus knew what He was doing, and He accomplished God’s plan as only the Son of God could. Good Friday hurts deeply, and although weeping may last for a night, joy promises to come with the morning.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    (Easter Sunday)

Bible Reading:

John 20:1-18

When you think of the word “surprise,” what comes to mind? Surprises can be a big reveal, a special gift, or even something shocking or frightening. When Mary found the tomb empty on Easter morning, she was probably flooded with all of those same feelings surrounding a surprise.

Consider the women approaching the burial site where their beloved Teacher was kept. They had only been without Him three days, and their mourning was tangible. To find the giant stone rolled away and the tomb completely empty would have been an assault on their system.

Their minds racing, emotions high, panic, and questions taking over. But then, something beautiful happens. Jesus calls Mary by name.

The moment Jesus speaks, all chaos recedes into calm. Questions become answers and panic turns to praise. Jesus rose from the grave, causing a chain reaction to undo the consequences of sin for all time.

Easter morning is the surprise of all surprises—and everyone can receive God’s free gift of salvation. All you have to do is listen because Jesus is calling your name. If you have never accepted Jesus as Savior and Lord, today is the perfect day. If you are already a Christian, then remember the first time you knew that Jesus spoke your name changed your life forever.

Holy Week is such an important time of reflection in Christian life. We sincerely hope these devotionals have led you through this time with joy and anticipation for the risen Christ. As you celebrate today, and every day, remember to be expectant. Remember to serve. Remember the blood. Remember the deafening silence. Remember to be surprised. For in Christ, you have life and you have it abundantly.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    One of my Bible Readings today 📖

Psalm 33:18-22 (nkjv)

18  Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, On those who hope in His mercy,

19  To deliver their soul from death,
    And to keep them alive in famine.

20  Our soul waits for the Lord;
    He is our help and our shield.

21  For our heart shall rejoice in Him, Because we have trusted in His holy name.

22  Let Your mercy, O Lord, be upon us, Just as we hope in You.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Bible Reading: Isaiah 9
    Key Verse: Verse 9

Commentary:

In the Old Testament, the prophet Isaiah announced Jesus’s coming about 700 years before His birth. And God, through the mouth of His messenger, gives His Son different names. Each of these names reveals a facet of the Father’s heart and what He desired to give men through His Son.

“For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given...And His name will be called

Wonderful, Counselor…” Isaiah 9:6

Jesus is your counselor, a “wonderful counselor.”

With this name, God reminds us that He wants to be with us in each of our decisions, and that He’s ready to guide us on the path that He has prepared for us.

When you no longer know what to do, when you are lost, quiet yourself, calm your fears...and listen to your wonderful counselor speak to you and guide you!

You are a miracle!
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Bible Reading

Galatians 6:9-10
    Matthew 7:12

Commentary

Kindness is probably one of those things your mom taught you. It’s one of those important lessons that we should never outgrow. It’s a basic way of communicating and getting along with others. Kindness creates a different atmosphere, a different way of talking, walking, and acting.

But we’ll never really learn how to be kind until we start putting the needs of others ahead of our own. This is the attitude that Philippians 2:3 talks about: “Do nothing from selfish and empty conceit but with humility of mind, regard one another as more important than yourselves.” That’s where kindness starts.

We can’t really learn to be kind unless we start thinking about how our words and actions are affecting others. Will our words foster peace and bring love and grace? Or are our words meant to exalt ourselves above others?

What atmosphere have you been creating through your words and actions?
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Commentary:

God is your everlasting Father!

I love this next name given to Jesus that we’re discussing today…“For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given...And His name will be called...Everlasting Father…” Isaiah 9:6

It’s surprising to see the words “son” and “father” right next to each other describing the same person. But I believe that it’s the heart of God, the Father’s heart, speaking in this prophecy. And I believe that God wanted us to always remember that He desires to be a father for us. I love that God specifies by saying “everlasting.” Another version says “Eternal Father.”

God wants you to remember that He is faithful, always present with you, and that nothing could ever change that. He was, is, and always will be your Father!

And as your perfect Father, He knows what is good for you. He will willingly and gladly give you what you need.

The Bible says, “ If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to who asks Him!” Matthew 7:11

God is a good Father to you! Ask Him for good things!

You are a miracle!
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Bible Reading:

1 Timothy 6:17-19
    Hebrews 13:16

Commentary:

Your good words should follow up with good works. The things we do and the things we say demonstrate kindness in a mean culture.

We should let a world permeated with meanness see our good works. It’s a good work when we help someone in God’s name. If you did something nice just because you’re a nice person, well that’s fine. But a good work is more than that. You need to attach God to the good work you do because good work seeks to do three things:

First, it seeks to bring people into the kingdom because you want to see them saved. It’s your primary motivation.

Second, it seeks to help people become more useful for the kingdom. In other words, it creates disciples.

And third, it brings people the benefits of the kingdom in the here and now. It helps them to bring a kingdom perspective into everything they do.

So, let’s do good works by bringing more kindness into our culture.

What good work is God calling you to perform today?
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Bible Reading Psalms 19

Commentary: this one is so powerful:

“The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.” Psalm‬ ‭19:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

For the Heavens declare the Glory of God. May your life reflect the Glory and Character of God. For the Heavens declare His Glory and you were made in His Image and after His Likeness.

The whole earth is full of His Glory. For you are the handiwork of God. You are His craftsmanship and He cares about every detail of your life. For He is mindful of you. He cares about you. For you are the intricate work of His Hands. He crafted you for such a time as this.

For Psalm‬ ‭19:1‬ ‭AMPC‬‬ declares, “THE HEAVENS declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows and proclaims His handiwork.” The Heavens proclaim His Glory and we shall declare His Name. For we are skillfully and intricately crafted by His Hands. For our God formed us. Before the framework of time—God knew you. Before time itself—God designed you.

“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.” Psalms‬ ‭19:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬. The Heavens are a brushstroke of His genius, and you are made in His Image. The Heavens declare His Glory, but you were made in His Image and after His Likeness. You were made to declare His Glory. May the Author and Architect of Heaven and Earth lead your decisions and shape the framework of your actions.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    I keep Reading

Ephesians 2

Commentary:

We Are His Handiwork.

“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” Ephesians‬ ‭2:10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

For we are His workmanship and you were created to Glorify God. Let your gifts glorify the King. Let your talents sing of His Praises. For you are his workmanship, and everything that He’s placed inside of you was designed to glorify Him.

Choose to Glorify God in Business. Choose to Glorify God in every detail of your life. For you are His handiwork, and you were created to be a reflection of His Light in the Earth. You were not created to be ordinary. You were not created to be normal. You were brilliantly created by the Architect of Heaven and the Author of Earth.

The Amplified Version expounds upon Ephesians‬ ‭2:10‬ ‭AMPC‬‬ in the following manner: “For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].”

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, say this simple prayer:

Father God, in the Name of Jesus, I thank You for Your Son Jesus Christ.

I believe that He died and rose just for me. Father God, in the Name of Jesus, I repent of my sin and I turn to You.

I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Bible Reading:

Isaiah 66
    Psalm 24
    Psalm 50
    Isaiah 40

Commentary

Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?” Isaiah‬ ‭66:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Heaven is His Throne, and the Earth is His footstool. “The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.” Psalm‬ ‭24:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬. The Earth is the Lord’s and everything in it. The Earth is the Lord’s and everyone in it.

“For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.” Psalm‬ ‭50:10‬ ‭KJV‬‬. The whole Earth belongs to the King of Heaven’s Armies. The Amplified Version declares, “For every beast of the forest is Mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills or upon the mountains where thousands are.” Psalm‬ ‭50:10‬ ‭AMPC‬‬. The mountains belong to Him. Every hill belongs to Him. Every mountaintop belongs to Him.

For our God and Great King is the King of kings and He is the Lord of lords. He rules, He reigns and He has all Authority. “The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.” Isaiah‬ ‭40:8‬ ‭AMPC‬. Kings and kingdoms may fade away. Executives and managers may change, but His Word stands forever. Choose to follow His Word.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Bible Reading:

Exodus 3
    Key Verses: 4-6

Commentary:

In Exodus 3:4-6, Moses found himself in front of a burning bush from which God was speaking. This wasn’t a normal situation! God told Moses to take off his shoes, because the place he was standing was “holy ground.” It was a place for an encounter with the Living God. So, Moses slipped off his shoes in obedience to God’s command.

Removing his shoes demonstrated Moses’ humility in God’s presence. Please notice what God used in order to speak to Moses. He used an ordinary object. The bush was already there. It was simply an ordinary bush that had been invaded by God’s supernatural presence. But it resulted in an extraordinary encounter.

I don’t know how God is going to meet you, but I do know that any old bush will do. He’s prepared to meet you if you seek His face. Are you prepared to meet Him at your own burning bush?

What burning bushes has God used to speak to you?
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Bible Reading

Amos 4
    Key Verse- verse 12
    Hebrews 12:29

Commentary

God, who spoke through the burning bush, can use even the most ordinary thing and set fire to it as a greater manifestation of His power and glory. He wants to meet you where you are. But, let me remind you, if this is going to happen to you, you cannot be an asbestos Christian.

People put on asbestos suits when they work in close proximity to flames so that they won’t catch fire. Some of us as believers will never burn with the brilliance of the Holy Spirit’s power made manifest in and through us because we wear evangelical asbestos suits.

We really don’t want to get close to the fire of God’s presence. So, to protect ourselves from that which we cannot explain or rationalize, we put on our intellectual or emotional asbestos attire and we come to church, leaving on our asbestos shoes. All the while we wonder why we don’t catch fire for the Lord.

God’s miraculous manifestations are for those who have the faith it requires to enter into His presence and the humility to surrender to His instructions. As Amos 4:12 says, “Prepare to meet your God…” We prepare through humble obedience.

Are you ready to enter God’s presence, or are you keeping a “safe” distance from Him?