Weather for the Day

Replies

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    We are under a Fog Advisory Warning in our area,

Fog Advisory Severity:
    Possible threat to life or property

Description

Near zero visibility in fog is expected or occurring.

Where: Metro Vancouver, Greater Victoria, Sunshine Coast, Southern Gulf Islands, East Vancouver Island, Malahat Highway - Goldstream to Mill Bay.

When: Tonight and Wednesday morning.

Hazards: Near zero visibility in fog may be hazardous for travel. Areas in fog that fall below freezing will have a risk of developing slippery surfaces.

Remark: Fog with visibility near zero at times will prevail tonight and Wednesday morning. Visibility is expected to improve later in day!

our temps are fluctuating between 31 and 33 degrees today! Yes we are cold 🥶
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,447 Member
    That sounds like dangerous weather, Judith. Stay warm and cosy with some nice warm soup if you can.

Strahan, Tasmania, weather for today:

22C/71.6F to 11C/51.8F (it still feels 4C colder!!!)
    Humidity 44%-78%
    Partly cloudy
  • 316Judith
    edited November 2023
    Thank you Susan, the Fog in my area was not that bad but it was in higher elevations. We are all safe tonight. We are back to temps in the 30’s and high of 40 degrees. We are 34 degrees tonight! The forecast says to expect rainy conditions, in the higher elevations snow eill be expected. My son in Yale said they have sprinkles of snow but not amounting to too much. Our News cast said today the temps are dipping down to the freezing levels by Friday and Saturday. If the temps hit the freezing levels we could see a real
    dump of snow ❄️
  • LosinSusin
    edited December 2023
    Glad to hear the fog isn't causing prolonged problems but do stay warm!

19C/66.2F to 11C/51.8F (it still feels 4C colder!!!)
    Humidity 57%-81%
    Partly cloudy
  • LosinSusin
    edited December 2023

19C/66.2F to 11C/51.8F (it still feels 2C colder)
    Humidity 60%-85%
    Cloudy
  • 316Judith
    Sending you a warm hug Susan, hope things warm up for you!

We are on High Tide Alert:

High tide: Mid- to late-morning each day.

Remarks: Low barometric pressure will combine with a period of high astronomical tide to produce elevated water levels Saturday and Sunday. Minor coastal flooding is possible along exposed shorelines. The threat from wind and waves accompanying high water levels will be greatest on Sunday. Elevated water levels at high tide are likely to persist on Monday and Tuesday.

Areas that are Affected: Metro Vancouver - central including the City of Vancouver Burnaby and New Westminster

We are still feeling the cold air, early in the mornings we have frost on our roof’s.

Temps are between 36 degrees and 41 degrees, don’t think we got that high today! Our temps are now 39 degrees! We had rain 🌧 showers today!
  • LosinSusin
    Brrr, cold and wet! Stay cosy, Judith!

21C/69.8F to 11C/51.8F (it still feels 2C colder)
    Humidity 62%-93%
    Partly Cloudy
  • 316Judith
    Thank you Susan,

Today we are now under another Weather Alert from Environment Canada: we are expected to have heavy rain all across our region right thru to Tuesday; dear me we just got over a High Tide alert, good job we have the Dikes not far from us and hopefully the over flow of water will drain over there, we just hope the Dikes hold up under all these weather patterns. Our low temps were 38 degrees and tonight we are 42 degrees so not too bad!
  • LosinSusin
    I guess tides and rising water have been a common problem in the past with dikes being built, Judith. Praying they keep you safe this time too.

23C/73.4F to 12C/53.6F (it feels 6C colder)
    Humidity 42%-91%
    Cloudy
  • 316Judith
    Thank you Susan, appreciated.

We sure got the rain 🌧

This is our forecast, we sure need prayer!

Rainfall Warning
    Severity: Moderate
    Possible threat to life or property
    Description
    Rain, at times heavy, is expected.

Where: Metro Vancouver - central, southeast and southwest, Fraser Valley, Whistler and East Vancouver Island - Nanoose Bay to Fanny Bay.

When: Monday to Monday night.

Rainfall amounts: 50 to 70 mm.

Remarks: A potent and impactful storm, an atmospheric river, will make landfall on Monday bringing heavy rain.

Very heavy rainfall and rain on snow at higher elevations will increase the risk of flooding and landslides.

The rain will ease on Tuesday morning.

Temps are in the 30’s and 40’s!
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    Sunny and 55F (12.7C) with a low of 28F (-2.2C). It took a while to warm up our house after we had been gone so long. I fireplace did a great job getting it nice and warm.
  • LosinSusin

19C/66.2F to 9C/48.2F (it feels 3C colder)
    Humidity 62%-92%
    Shower or two
  • Healthyme7410
    High of 54F (12.2C) and a low of 28F (-2.2C) with clear sky. We are enjoying the warmer weather before a cold front comes in later this week with snow predicted on Friday.
  • LosinSusin

18C/64.4F to 10C/50F (it feels 5C colder)
    Humidity 47%-83%
    Partly cloudy
  • 316Judith
    Today in the Greater Vancouver Region and beyond we have experienced very stormy weather, heavy rain 🌧 and winds.

Today we are calm with cloudy skies and temps warmer than what we have had lately, Temps for a low of 39 to a high of 49 degrees is the forecast today! Right now we have temps of 47 degrees.
  • Healthyme7410
    Sunny today with a slight breeze. High of 52F (11.1C) and low of 28F (-2.2C).
  • LosinSusin

19C/66.2F to 8C/46.4F (it feels 5C colder again)
    Humidity 52%-90%
    Partly cloudy
  • Healthyme7410
    Earlier I felt like I needed sunglasses while sitting in my office because the sun was so bright. There were little puffy clouds that were growing smaller as they moved accross the sky. (Because we are dry here, the clouds dissapate as the dry air evaporates them.) High of 52F (11.1C) and low of 32F (0C). It is not quite as cold at night for which I am grateful.
  • Healthyme7410
    Cold front with snow passing through today. High of 37F (2.7C) and low of 23F (-5C). I woke up to huge snowflakes then the sky cleared and not it is getting overcast again. There is more snow predicted but not much accumulation.
  • 316Judith
    Very cold today snow is expected for tomorrow, 2 to 5 cm. Our temps are 34 degrees right now but will dip lower by tomorrow….