Weather for the Day

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    High of 54F (12.2C) today abd kiw if 30F (-1.1C) and sunny sky.
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,447 Member
    Hobart, Tasmania, summer weather for today:

17C/62.6F to 10C/50F (it feels 6C colder)
    Humidity 36%-52%
    Cloudy, rain showers, windy
  • Healthyme7410
    Susan - we are only a few degrees below your high temperature. We had a high of 57F (13.8C) and a low of 27F (-2.7C) with humidity was 37%
  • Healthyme7410
    Back to the cold winter again. We will be having a high of 37F (C) and a low of 19F (-7.2C) with mostly cloudy sky.
  • LosinSusin
    It's amazing how much colder Tasmania is than Queensland, Linda. The Arctic winds feel like refrigerated air. It is warmer today though. Where we live in Qld they are having severe storms and high temperatures. The temps are around the 100F mark every day.

21C/69.8F to 14C/57.3F (it feels 3C colder)
    Humidity 57%-70%
    Cloudy
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Cloudy ☁️ Skies all day temps in the 40’s for the most part; tonight we have temps of 44 degrees!

We are above in our temperatures that we normally have for our winter weather! We have broken the record this year to have temps far above the freezing levels and on top of it all no snowfall! Many Ski slopes have been closed due to lack of snowfall.
  • Healthyme7410
    Judith we are having warmer weather also but I have not heard that any ski slopes have closed. They have many feet of man made snow that was created when it was really cold so that will last for awhile.

High of 52F (11.11C) and low of 27F (-2.7C) with partly cloudy sky.
  • LosinSusin
    They are having floods on the Gold Coast in Queensland right now. That's about 100kms south of where our house is.

22C/71.6F to 16C/60.8F (it feels 1C colder)
    Humidity 57%-72%
    Cloudy
  • 316Judith
    Thanks Linda, this is what was posted 4 days ago online: after you mentioned you hadn’t heard about ski slopes closing it made me want to follow up what you found out and what our News said and see what was happening today: sadly this is what I found below in italics!

Climate changes are sure causing issues not only here in our area but all over the world! 😞

“Abnormally warm weather in B.C. has created less than ideal conditions on ski hills as a lack of snow is making it tough for resorts to operate. In at least one case, operations have had to cease altogether as the hill awaits a fresh snowfall”.

Today our Low temps are 41 and a high of 44 degrees in my area and we have light rainfall 🌧

Susan, I pray that there will be no floods near your home. Praying for safety around your house and on your land! 🙏
  • LosinSusin
    Judith, the River near our house rises but our house is built high above it. It should be perfectly safe. Many people's houses are getting flooded elsewhere though so prayers for them are appreciated. I am also thinking of those affected by the Japanese earthquake too. How devastating for them.

24C/75.2F to 13C/55.4F (it feels 1C colder)
    Humidity 58%-78%
    Cloudy and rain showers
  • 316Judith
    edited January 3
    I already posted my weather forecast earlier but have just read your post and wanted to respond with thanking you for the reminder of the Japanese Earthquake, such devastation there, so many are affected and I believe but not sure but think I heard loss of life and some houses lost. There was talk about a tsunami but they said it passed but not sure if that changed, I will try and find out latest update! For sure my prayers are with the people there! 🙏

I am thankful to hear your house and land are safe but will pray for those who live in the low lying areas for their protection and that their homes won’t be flooded. 🙏
  • LosinSusin
    Thank you for your prayers, Judith. Yes, there has been great loss of life and property in Jspan. The last I heard they had lost 64 souls with more deaths expected. The quake was 7.5 on the Richter scale. There are loads of strong aftershocks.

In South East Queensland we lost 9 souls in the recent storms. There was a cat 2 Hurricane that ripped through a lot of houses as well, leaving them totally destroyed. Flood waters have not yet subsided.

Meanwhile in Hobart, Tasmania, summer weather for today is:

20C/68F to 11C/51.8F (it feels 3C colder)
    Humidity 49%-63%
    Cloudy and sprinkles of rain
  • Healthyme7410
    We had some very cold temperatures are we crossed the mountains. When we stopped to walk at COSTCO, it was 27F (-2.7C) and we had puffs of steam coming out of our mouths as we talked. It was nice and warm in the truck as we traveled. It is now 37F (2.7C) here in Grand Junction with a partly cloudy sky.
  • Healthyme7410
    Sleet and snow showers are predicted but I have not seen any yet. High of 46F (7.7C) and low of 27F (-2.7C) today.
  • LosinSusin
    Hobart, Tasmania, summer weather for today is:

22C/68F to 12C/51.8F (it feels 4C colder)
    Humidity 43%-67%
    Clouds clearing
  • 316Judith
    Susan, so sorry to hear all devastation happening in South East Queensland, my prayers are with the people. Thank you for sharing!

Linda, hope you didn’t get the sleet and snow showers!

Today our Forecast says Rain 🌧 showers with a high of 46 degrees and a low of 38 degrees!
  • Healthyme7410
    We did not get any snow in our area yesterday. We can always use the moisture but I prefer rain to snow or sleet.

Mostly cloudy with a high of 43 F (6.1C) and low of 23F (-5C).
  • LosinSusin
    edited January 7
    Yes, the flood happened in SE Qld on Christmas Day. There are still people whose power is cut off and the ground is saturated with more storms coming. It's not good.

Hobart, Tasmania, summer weather for today is:

25C/77F to 15C/59F (it feels 1C colder)
    Humidity 45%-75%
    Sunny
  • LosinSusin
    We travelled up the centre of Tasmania today to a new location in the north.

Hadspen, Tasmania, summer weather for today is:

21C/69.8F to 15C/59F (it feels 1C colder)
    Humidity 76%-92%
    Rain at times
  • 316Judith
    Thank you Linda for letting me know, I agree, I’d rather have rain over snow, yes snow is pretty to watch as it comes down but driving on the snowy icy roads is not fun! Hope you have good weather today!

Susan, thank you for the update on the flooded area, I am so sorry for the people who are in the midst of this, my prayers continue for the people.

Today is colder, the forecast in our area said we would have temps drop and snow is in the forecast by Thursday some areas can be earlier.

Temps in the lows of 32 degrees and high of 41 degrees today with cloudy 🌥 skies!