Exercise: No
    Calories: Yes
    Track: Yes

I had surgery so exercise may be limited for a week or so
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    bradkcrew wrote: »
    NSV day came at the perfect time this month!

Yesterday I turned 60. The date that I had been dreading for months arrived, and instead of feeling depressed and ashamed of myself, I felt proud and content with what I have been able to achieve. On April 5th I embarked on a journey of sweeping changes and I have far surpassed every expectation that I had for myself.

So my NSV? Turning 60 didn't suck.

Happy belated birthday @bradkcrew We must've been posting around the same time last night, because I didn't see your post about your birthday! Kudos for having a :):):) day on your birthday too!!! ;)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    seilidhe wrote: »
    Ohmygod, you guys! I had three yesses today!!!! Crazy but true.

Happy to read everybody's NSVs. You all inspire me.

Awesome job @seilidhe !! Excellent work!!!! :)

tdrjustus3 wrote: »
    Exercise: No
    Calories: Yes
    Track: Yes

I had surgery so exercise may be limited for a week or so

Take care of yourself!
  • bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    bradkcrew wrote: »

Happy belated birthday @bradkcrew We must've been posting around the same time last night, because I didn't see your post about your birthday! Kudos for having a :):):) day on your birthday too!!! ;)

Thanks @Mrs_Hoffer

Maybe that should have been my NSV--that I was able to disassociate an occasion from food! It's a tough psychological task when my whole life every occasion, holiday, celebration, and event has went hand in hand with food and drink--and LOTS of it.

I wasn't sure I would make it through October without any pass days, but now I know I can. First, the 15k after party had food and unlimited beer, but I felt fine passing on all of that. My son wanted to have a "celebration" dinner, but I declined. Then my birthday turned out to be no big deal either. Traditionally I will opt for Red Lobster for unlimited shrimp. This year I substituted shrimp cocktail at home and was happy with it.

Next up Thanksgiving. Possibly my favorite meal of the year. And already one of my sons asked me what I was going to do about Christmas cookies and candy, etc.--it is tough when food and drink are integral to family traditions....

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    15th
    Was almost a pass day on the 15th as i mindlessly ate 311 extra calories but my body obviously knew so the next day (yesterday) i cldnt eat all my calories to the point that I had to force myself to eat. Ha ha 1st time for everything right!!Lol!! So no pass and id hve to say this is my nsv! Xox
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Loved all ur nsv guys!! You are all so amazing and inspiring!!!! Xox
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman congrats on recognizing and addressing the slip! That's the key. Very glad to see you continuing to post here.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,068 Member
    Options
    It was absolutely a NSV @readyornot1234 I nominate you to be featured in an MFP Blog video highlight story 😂😂🤣

Belated happy birthday wishes to you @bradkcrew 🥰

@LazyBlondeChef - Inspiring!!! Fantastic success in working to this achievement! 💪🏻

• Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @znaoiec Totally makes sense. I've spent the better part of this year working on that issue and replacement behaviours.
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I only tracked breakfast and lunch for Friday and Saturday so both days will be a pass day.