Brag About Your Savings

Options

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Saved just over $8 today and still managed to forget the softener which was a main reason for going. Oh well will grab it tomorrow if I have time after work.
  • the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I got a grocery store courtesy card for my local grocery store last month. For every so many points, a person can get a loaf of bread or a gallon of milk, etc. for free. The roommates and I do most of our grocery shopping there and at the dollar stores.

For Christmas, Santa and Mrs. Santa gave my landlord and my priest Dollar Tree gift cards for Christmas! I want to know what they bought so bad! 2 men in a Dollar Tree? LOL

Have a wonderful evening! I have missed you!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today I went grocery shopping spent almost $90 and saved $60. Stocked on most stuff for a while. Love 99¢ sales!
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    It is so difficult grocery shopping with 2 girl roommates. I cannot cook the way I want. Cooking for a man would make things so much easier!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Yesterday I spent $12 + tax for 3 t-shirts.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    CSEGUIN2 wrote: »

Awesome! Off-line or On-line?
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options

Awesome! Off-line or On-line?

In store
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Today was a Dollar Tree dinner! 2 packages of kielbasa, a jar of grape jelly and a jar of BBQ sauce to prepare candied kielbasa in the Crock-Pot! A total of $4.00!
  • the_frugal_chef
    edited February 2022
    Options
    cliaac08p5q5.jpg

My neighbor gave me this loaf of bread a couple of weeks ago. I placed the loaf of bread in the freezer for safe keeping. And yes we had a snow storm! The bread really did come in handy!

• CSEGUIN2
    Options
    I got all Mom's food after she passed away. Probably worth $$$$'s. It sucks but am grateful for it.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    I am so sorry.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today cashed in my scratch tickets from Christmas gifts and made $16 on top of that an outreach ministry stopped by with $45 in grocery gift cards and $5 McDonald's gift card. Feeling blessed.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Today cashed in my scratch tickets from Christmas gifts and made $16 on top of that an outreach ministry stopped by with $45 in grocery gift cards and $5 McDonald's gift card. Feeling blessed.

Awesome! You definitely have been blessed! What are you going to buy?
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options

Awesome! You definitely have been blessed! What are you going to buy?

I bought groceries and still have the McDonald's gift card. Also a friend gave us a $20 Tim Hortons card.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    You have been blessed. Where I play bingo, a mysterious person places free groceries near the prize table. I always find useful groceries. Spaghetti, beans, cereal, etc. But, we never see this person dropping off the groceries.

About bingo, we do not play for money. We play for prizes. food yet again, personal necessities, household goods, etc. I love to win tortilla chips for dip! LOL

That's about it for now... Be good! Stay safe! Hugs!

• CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Tuesday we got dog food from a friend in my TOPS group as her dog won't eat it. On Wednesday our neighbor brought us over dog treats because his dogs won't eat them. I could have told him that as he has given the same kind before.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Today, some people that I know are spending the day creating crafts. If I could sell crafts to make some money, I would. Such money could come in handy in buying groceries that I like. What do you think?
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    I would love to have more time for crafting to make money.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    I would love to have more time for crafting to make money.

What type of craft would you create and how would you sell?
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    I love to crochet and do plastic canvas mainly but I do dable in other things as well. I am not sure how I would sell them.