Brag About Your Savings

Options

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    I saved about $4 at the grocery store buying dog food and bacon.
  • the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I bought 5 half gallon lemon iced tea jugs at Dollar Tree.
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    That asian spicy noodle sounds good. I would use my low carb noodles. Yummy.

There is a charge for Instacart. I forget how much my sis pays for it. Walmart has grocery delivery too but they are often out of stuff as the prices are so good. I pay the low monthly fee for Walmart delivery.

Door dash is another good option if you are just buying a few items. I would go to shop in person if I could as it is cheaper.

Kroger's has a "click list" where you can order it online, then go to their store and they load it into the cart for you. That may be cheaper to do, but I don't know. My other sister loves the click list. She doesn't have to worry about tipping anyone that way.

I like Aldi's on Instacart, as it is cheaper than most major stores. They have good paper products, too.

They added the dollar general on Instacart in my area. I may check it out.

Back in the day, during a layoff, I went to the 99 cent store and got all my soaps and cleaning products. It was cheap and good! I then went to a little local grocery store near my house, and got loads of good fresh food for 2/3rds less than the major chains. I really enjoyed that. They even had a Spanish version of clamato which was so cheap and good! Unfortunately, they closed down. They even sold homemade tamales. Yum.

I was also introduced to an Armenian grocery store where I got great food for cheap. It makes me miss my old neighborhood.

Sorry I've been MIA. That happens sometimes.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Woo Hoo! You have returned beccaboo! Yay!

I did not do any shopping yet today. I do want to buy the best bargain that I can find for Jordan's Skinny Syrup. I can get such syrup cheaper on eBay then on the Jordan's Skinny Syrups website.

I cannot decide on which flavor that I want. Cookie Dough is so tempting! For 0 carbs 0 calories and 0 sugar... I cannot go wrong!

Thanks again beccaboo!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Went grocery shopping and spent more than I planned but at least I save about $7.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    My brand new 2 week old Bella coffee maker quit on me 2 days ago. I bought it off of a seller on Poshmark.com, new in box, unopened. I contacted Bella but I don't think anything can be done. So, I went out and bought a Toastmaster. Spending that money made me cringe. But, I need mochas to motivate me for work in my office.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Saved over $11 at the grocery store.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Neighbor gave us a $10 Tim Hortons gift card as part of his payment for us cutting his lawn.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today saved while out shopping and for lunch we went to a nice bar for lunch and got 2 orders of nachos for the price of one. Love saving money!
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    The roommates' loved ones gave me some fresh produce. Cucumber, tomatoes, zucchini, and cauliflower.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Got 2 subs for the price of 1 at Subway
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Saved almost $30 at the grocery store on fruit, chicken, and cheese.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    My new laptop was a bargain... Guess how much? $42.00!

I have been consuming a lot of sandwiches. Obviously, sandwiches do not cost much.

The bad part about sandwiches is that I want chips to go with them.

At my last bingo, I won 3 large bags of potato chips! uuugh

• CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Switch the chips for crunchy veggies.

Saved a few $ getting freggies
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    CSEGUIN2 wrote: »
    Switch the chips for crunchy veggies.

Saved a few $ getting freggies

I know to consume vegetables, but I am not going to deprive myself. I just do not need big portions of potato chips.

Today, our neighbor brought over loaves of bread, buns, and donuts! Very thoughtful.

Then, today, I bought 5 boxes of Evian mineral water at Dollar Tree for an amount of $6.25. A total bargain!

The roommates might be going to Sam's Club soon. I have been begging them to pick up some salami, pepperoni, and cheese. We all have to agree on groceries. 1 roommate agrees on the lunch meat and cheese. The other roommate is still thinking. uuugh We have other grocery stores, but Sam's Club is obviously the cheapest.

• CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Yesterday saved about $16 between sale items and a free gift card at the grocery store. Today I saved $$ on a weed wacker and blower set.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    My lunch today was for free! Tortilla chips won at bingo. Marzetti vegetable dip for dipping from roommate's sister. For dinner, I might have a Pick for 5 burger. At our local grocery stores, a Pick for 5 is certain foods, 5 items of them, $20.00 total. For example, you can choose a box of frozen onion rings, burgers, pizza bites, french fries and hash browms for $20.00 total! A real bargain.

:smile:
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    You are probably going to laugh. I was out on an errand this morning. I was hungry. My roommate gave me a bag of corn twisters cheddar for free. I was thankful.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Save about$20 at the grocery store today
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Saved about $6 on a bike rack.