Brag About Your Savings

Options

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Went to the dollar store for some things I needed and only spent just over $10.
  • the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    What crafts do you create with plastic canvas? I am considering to ask my roommate to teach me. She makes coasters, soft drink cozies, lighter holders, etc. She sells her's at her place of work. I work at home...
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    I mainly do Christmas ornaments for family and friends but have patterns and kits for other things as well. I find plastic canvas easy to do.

Today went and grabbed some groceries and save over $11.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    My lunch today was very frugal! A grill cheese with popcorn.

I am craving beef ramen for dinner, but we only have chicken ramen. Do I have the chicken ramen or not?

This week is yet another $5.00 challenge... What should I spend $5.00 on? We roommates each have this challenge. Every week we give ourselves a $5.00 spending challenge.

Can you believe Dollar Tree and their $1.25 costs? I am very disappointed in the Dollar Tree company.

Ok... I am very hungry and simply guess to have the chicken ramen. Maybe a Mix n Match Skillet. Such recipe is simply:

1 soup
    1 pasta
    1 meat
    1 vegetable

Yep. I think I can do a Mix n Match! LOL

• CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Frugal where I live here in Canada Dollar tree has always been $1.25. Everything is going up which means we need to plan better I guess.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Like I had mentioned in another discussion, the roommates picked up some of my favorite ramen... beef ramen! Yay!

Today, I went to the cafe where I used to work to spend a few hours to get out of my office. An anonymous person left boxes of donated goods. I am grateful and chose six (6) cans of black beans that can make up to two (2) batches of Crock-Pot chili. I also chose two (2) refillable plastic water bottles.

Tomorrow is Bingo. I am not sure if I want to go or not. With the new position, I want to be available without any distractions. The prizes do come in handy though.

Have a good evening!

• CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today saved about 80 cents on strawberries today.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Yesterday, I was happy with the deli. Where we usually get lunch meat, they usually do not slice the lunch meat thin like I like. We went to a different grocery store yesterday and I was happy. I like my lunch meat sliced thin. The deli made the lunch meat paper thin. For $7.99 the lunch meat was a bargain. I chose hard salami.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Bought a couple of tank tops for $4 and some for $8 plus I saved 17% on everything that I purchased.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    3 crates of bottled water for $10.00

Instead of buying gallons of lemonade, I have used a gallon water jug to prepare unsweetened lemonade Kool-Aid. Only 2 to 3 packets each jug. A local grocery store sells 10 packets for $1.00
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Went grocery shopping today and saved $37!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Saved couple of bucks today grabbing a few groceries forgot yesterday.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    I bought 3 bottles of coffee syrup with a $5.00 off coupon! My next coupon is worth 10% off. If you are ever interested in coffee syrup, just ask.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today I saved about $25 on groceries.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    My neighbor brought over vanilla almond milk and chocolate almond milk, 2 big bags of lettuce and Chex Mix. We are always low on milk. We were out of lettuce. Chex Mix is always a treat and a tradition of my neighbor. My neighbor is a blessing.

Last night, a roommate and I made up a grocery list and did good. The total came to about $35.00 when usually about $80.00. Now we need to wait for the other roommate's approval.

I have been consuming alot of beef Ramen noodles. I like to throw in a can of vegetables.

Because of my religion, it is a tradition to consume fish on Friday's during Lent. Why do churches cost such astronomical amounts for their fish fry? Where I live the closest fish fry wants $10.00. So, I simply prepare a meatless dish at home.

• CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Neighbors are the best! Ours gave us an apple pie on Thursday and we haven't even touched it Lol 😂. That is sooooo not normal. Fish Fry's here are $20+.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today broccoli crowns, baby carrots and strawberries were on sale. Yummy 😋!
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    For my $5 weekly challenge, I applied the $5 toward a can of McCafe and only paid $4.50 out of pocket total. Yes expensive, but worth every penny.

kujm0rnzk68z.jpg
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Hello! I went to dollar tree today to buy personal necessities. Not food, but I did save money.

Shower pouf, 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner, anti-perspirant and hand sanitizer.

The total came to $5.34.

Hey, I can be poor but I can be clean.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    I saved about $4 at the grocery store buying dog food and bacon.