Options
    @ashleycarole86 steps

Sun-Fri 15 minutes of Pilates
    Friday 22 minutes cardio dance party.

cv7iiv3ib5hl.jpeg
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods those Guinea pigs are adorable! That's a great addition to the family.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    PW: 79.7 kg
    CW: 79.3 kg

@conleywoods your new guinea pigs are super cute!

I had a weird weigh in on the 18th - dropped from 79.4 to 78.1 and back to 79.6 the day after. Who knows?! I would, if possible, like to be under 76kg on the 31st December, which would put me under 12 stone. I'm not sure how realistic that is (particularly as we have a couple of parties coming up and a Christmas meal out) so I'm trying not to get hung up on it. Would be nice though!

It's 2pm and I'm only 1L of cordial down so far. Better than nothing, and I've deliberately avoided the fizzy drinks in the fridge so I'm aiming to get through the next litre before I go running at 5.30, then another afterwards in the evening. I haven't tried the heart rate monitor yet, so will be putting that on and seeing how things go. Hopefully a running buddy will join me, but if not I'll go solo; I only need to do 30 minutes and can stick to roads which are well lit and not deserted.

I've identified the main source of my current stress, which is needing to make a decision but not liking any of the options. I'm going to allow myself this evening to write out all the options, because it's currently in my head, then I'm going to pick one and be done with it. Often for me it's easier to deal with the fall out when/if it presents itself, than it is to make the decision in the first place. When I make a decision like this I can usually accept it straight away, do the needful, and then forget about it. So - one evening, and here's to a less stressful tomorrow!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,062 Member
    Options
    Holy Hiking @ashleycarole86 ! I'm seriously jealous. Banff is so gorgeous, and delicious tasting menus on top of the scenery, snow, and sweat - you are living the dream :smiley: I'm going to be coming to Alberta some time this winter - maybe I'll fly into Calgary instead of Edmonton and take a hike with you guys. The snowshoes will be required, I'm sure!

@kdblpn You are on a roll! Another week with a good solid loss, your last paper done, a fun trip coming up, graduating soon - you can't see it, but my imaginary hat is flying up into the air!
    vxpe3m9x4pga.png
  • jugar
    Options
    @DD265 I think you could make it to under 76kg by the end of the year - don't forget that the parties and holiday meal are only 3 meals/events out of the next 39 days. If you lose 1.5 pounds per week for these 5 weeks and a bit you'll make it! That's around 700g per week which is not easy but certainly doable. Even if you don't quite get there by that magic date, you will be there not long afterwards - we'll want some more before/after photos then! Good luck with your tough decision today. It is always a relief once the decision is done, even if the implementation is not pleasant. :heart: Visualise @conleywoods little guinea pigs!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,132 Member
    Options
    kdblpn wrote: »
    PW 306.4
    CW 301.4

Great weigh-in!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @jugar there's a podcast you might like.. The Doctor's Kitchen by Dr Rupy Aujla. He's a GP here in the UK but needed major surgery and when he was trying to get in the best condition he could for the operation, he actually resolved his health issue. He interviews various experts, including episode 4 being focused on gut microbiome. One of the interesting points is how fibre is typically more lacking in our diets than protein.

@conleywoods I love those cards.

@ashleycarole86 if it makes you feel better, I think I've been stressing over this decision (without necessarily realising it) for a few weeks before actually being sensible and organising my way out of it. :D I still didn't like the options when I saw them on paper but was easier to choose one when I could do a direct comparison and I could see that none of the options carried as much risk as I feared (all finance related).

I trained this morning and it was a good session but I may not be able to lift my arms over my head by the end of the day. We did a warm up then what he calls 'bear sets' which are deadlift, clean, front squat, front overhead press, back squat, back overhead press re-set and go again. 5 reps, 5 sets at 20kg, then 1 rep 1 set at 30kg. I didn't quite manage the back overhead press on the 30kg so did an extra set and achieved it. I did pushes rather then presses (pushing up as I came out of the squats so my legs did most of the work) because we need to work on shoulder strength. We then did a small circuit 4x through; 10x 30kg deadlifts, 5x 22.5kg overhead presses and 5x 5kg flies. I couldn't quite complete the OH presses! It gives us a focus anyway, and it seems like he wants to achieve 80kg deadlift and 40kg overhead press by January.

After coming home I went for a walk to pick up some takeaway containers for batch cooking (via the Olio app which is for giving things away free or borrowing), then noticed a big pile of dog muck on the WW1 memorial in the church yard so went back out to try and clean that up and now I'm angry at whoever left it. People suck, but I'm trying not to let that be the feeling for the rest of my day. I am a peaceful, loving dino-tank...
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Weigh-In
    PW: 215.0
    CW: 217.3

Wuh-wuh. My Thanksgiving holiday is a little up in the air as of now, although I am hoping to see family - but the food makes me nervous. I really want to make some progress in December to close out the year on a stronger note, but it's not an easy time to do so.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,132 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's exercise was:
    11185 steps, 50 minutes on the Peloton

My weigh-in last Thursday was a low that I haven't seen since. Also not at the high I've seen since, so hey.. that's great. There's still hope to be in the green but I may be recording a small gain as well. Two more days to work on it!

I've been really proud of my exercise this week. My average weight trend is still down this week so that's the main thing.
  • jugar
    Options
This discussion has been closed.