WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking boat loads of water tonight to compensate for the salty fried chicken hubby convinced me to have for supper. He twisted my rubber arm so we shall see if it affects my weigh in tomorrow. My yo-yoing has been better this last week, staying within a 3lb range at least.

I got Disney+ so there has been a bit more couch time than normal. 😉 That will likely get better by next week as the binge watching will be done!
  • PlaneMonkey
    Options
    CW 192.4

@conleywoods that is terrifying. Hopefully the mild symptoms continue for your neice.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    PW 145.2
    CW 146.8

I have had gains for 2 weeks! I did start a new lifting program that has left me sore this week. I am going to be brave and go shopping today so I can have some healthy meal options.

@Kali225 Thanksgiving is one day and unless you plan on eating an extra 3500 calories, any weight increase is water. I am up right now. I plan to keep it clean today, Saturday, and Sunday (I might have a slice of pie Fri). I will definitely indulge on tomorrow. I plan on working out and watching serving sizes, but it's one day

@conleywoods praying for your niece. That is very scary. Glad you survived PTC 🙌

@dd265 that sounds like an awesome workout! And good for you for cleaning up other people's dogs messes.
  • PlaneMonkey
    Options
    That is FaNTaSTiC @kdblpn! Congratulations on results from all your hard work and dedication
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,055 Member
    Options
    Officially Inspired. You are all amazing.

@PlaneMonkey losing a pound in spite of the fried chicken and extra couch time!

@conleywoods on vacation after a ton of hard work! I hope your little niece keeps on with the mild symptoms - I'm so glad your sister is a nurse, and that she has such a loving and supportive sister as you. Hugs to you all :heart:

@kdblpn WOW WOW WOW! Twoterville! You get the team tiara as of this minute and may prance about wearing the thing and using its full bragging rights :smiley:
    awijc762guum.png

@KellyBgetsfit lifting weight and building muscle always puts on weight at first - your muscles retain water as part of the healing process after you torture them and make them sore :mrgreen: Revenge!

A cold gorgeous morning here - time to get out the down jacket at last!
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Woo! Exciting to be on the leaderboard/results on Sunday! Unfortunately no change in my weight this week, good and bad as I see it. Happy that the numbers didn't go up! @jugar

I would like to take a second to gush about sushi rice and poke bowls. Eating sooo many veggies because of them, honestly doesn't even need all that much rice but I'm using a bunch of root veggies in my fridge, leftover nappa cabbage, and cucumbers...SOOOo good! We bought some fake crab to add in, as well as some Nova salmon (smoked salmon that's used for lox). Also I was basically 31 and a half years old before I learned that you make sushi rice by cooking short grain rice and adding a cooked mixture of rice vinegar, salt, and sugar to the cooked rice. I thought sushi rice was just a type of rice. Hopefully that might enlighten others ("Just One Cookbook" has a fantastic guide on making it)
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,132 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @MandiSaysHey ... great to have you on the team again!

Yesterday's exercise was 30 minutes on the Peloton and 6417 steps

We took tomorrow and Friday off to watch football and cook a turkey - I love a reason for fun! Actually we have lots of good stuff coming up for our extended long weekend, looking forward to it. I love the euphoric feeling when holidays start :)

Sorry to hear about Edie @YinxFed ... just to know that time is approaching is tough. Glad you were able to take some special time for her and you today.

@kdblpn YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! I love this, and so glad you took the time to share on a non-weigh in day because that moment is amazing and should definitely be captured. WAY TO GO!

@conleywoods Sending good thoughts for your niece.. that is scary for sure

@PlaneMonkey Another week of green for you - awesome. You are having a great November!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,055 Member
    Options
    @AshenMoon Yes indeed, a good recipe for sushi rice is magic. It works well with short grain brown rice as well if you want to up your fibre game :wink: Poke bowls are amazing.

@YinxFed your Edie is lovely. I'm glad you took the time just to sit with her - it does both of you good, I'm sure! Enjoy the time left - old doggies are so sweet.

@MandiSaysHey Welcome back! I have put you on the Support Team and you can weigh in next Wednesday to give you the correct starting weight for the December challenge. You'll be sliding into those clothes no problem very soon :smiley:

I had a great hike today - I chose the "big hills up at the beginning, more relaxed and downhill on the way back" option. I was puffing on those hills and it hits me that I had better do them more often before snowshoe season starts! That makes those same hills a LOT harder. I'm always fitter in winter than the rest of the year, but I think I have been slipping on the old cardio. Time to push it a bit. Last night I did my 10 miles on the exercise bike faster than usual, but more is needed!

Enjoy the rest of Wednesday / beginning of Thursday, all!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,132 Member
    Options
    Happy American Thanksgiving to all!

Yesterday's exercise:
    6137 steps, 30 minutes yoga, 10 minutes ab strength
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Tried to scan all the posts quickly with so much to do. Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes. I’ve got my son here and daughters family. 😃

Have I really not checked in since Monday? Time flies. It’s been a little crazy, but I’m doing fine. Keeping consistent with my daily Pilates time. Food has been fine. Logging- so so.

I may used yesterday’s weigh in if that’s ok @jugar. I’ll post it on my normal Friday weigh in, but not really feeling like I want to weigh in right after the big meal.

@conleywoods Prayers for your niece. So scary. My little granddaughter has a mild congenital heart defeat so I understand your worry. And thank you so much for those cards!! I am a peaceful dinosaur 🦕 tank!!! 😂

Great losses and trying struggles. Hang in there everyone celebrating Thanksgiving. It is just a day. We can do it!!

@kdplpn Big CONGRATULATIONS on entering twoterville!!!! What an amazing accomplishment! You are doing wonderful things for yourself. Keep up the good work.

@YinxFed Hugs to you and Edie! Enjoy and savor the time you have with her.

@Mandisayshey Welcome back!! You did the right thing for yourself and we’re glad to have you back.

❤️❤️❤️
This discussion has been closed.