Trimstones Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,
    Been an awful couple of weeks, but I’m back.
    Wow - what on earth happened to the discussion boards? I have no idea if I’m posting to our November discussion thread or not 😂. My plan is to ease back in to things a bit. Things with my mom went downhill quite quickly. She’s across the country from me. Things have returned somewhat to normal (as normal as dementia can be), but I’m still trying to get my footing.
    @jessicakrall8 please keep me on support for the next week or so, my hope is to be back in the game fully by the time the new December discussion begins. In the meantime I obviously have a ton to catch up on 😳. Any tips on how to wade through this new format?
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    ncfitbit wrote: »
    I am so incredibly sorry. This baby has been kicking my *kitten* and we are not friends🤣 Plus my toddler thinks acting like a psycho is cool now too. So this last week has been a nightmare for me.

My weight for last week was 224 with a gain of 3lbs. 😭 This will be my final weigh in, I don't want to drag the team down since I'm steadily gaining. But I do want to try to be there more to cheer everyone on.

@ewilhelm2487 , I'm late seeing this, but I just wanted you to know I think I know how you feel. I was trying to lose weight before I had my second child and then life got crazy! You are doing a tough, important job right now! I wish I had been able to appreciate that more when I was going through having small children. All the craziness will pass. Please be good and kind to yourself in any way you can right now. Hugs.

Thank you so so much!! I have been so hard on myself for gaining, even though I know it's normal lol. My youngest I only gained 18lbs the whole pregnancy and so far I've already gained 10. 😑 I have maintained these last two weeks so I'm hoping it'll stay this way a little longer.
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've just found out that my cholesterol is in the "borderline" category...would love to know if anyone else has to deal with cholesterol issues and if you can recommend some specific dietary changes to help with that. I already know to cut out bacon, sausage and processed meats. I also know that weight loss and increased activity are two good actions to take...will be continuing both of those...hoping to avoid yet another prescription if I can. I see my doctor to discuss the results on Thursday.

Thanks in advance...
    Jessica

So I had borderline cholesterol years ago and was given 2 months to lower it or go on meds. I couldn't lower it that quick so I was put on Statins and it kept my numbers on check. When I got pregnant with my son I was so worried that my cholesterol would shoot up again but didn't. I stayed off them for over a year and had great levels. I ate a low fat, low cholesterol diet for a year. Limited all red meat (which was so hard), no high sodium foods and limited sugar. I don't recommend doing it all at once because then it leaves you with nothing to eat🤣 I lived off a vegetarian diet with chicken and that was it. Eventually I found Intermittent fasting and I started eating normal foods again but kept watching my fat and cholesterol and my last check up my numbers were perfect.
    Keep your head up and just be mindful of the things you eat.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Prev-160
    Current-159.2
  • angmarie28
    Options
    11/16-12,489

Got called into work last night and it was a shift that offered incentives that added up to basically doubling my base pay, so I took it and was up late. no workout this morning, but trying to keep my steps up.

I had my body analysis done today, I missed last month and it was kind of a slap in the face. From this time last year, I am up 9.4lbs, up 11.8lbs in fat, and up 24.4cm2 of visceral fat, anything under 100 they say is good, but Im at 98.4 now and that freaked me out. Visceral fat is the fat around your organs and that freaked me out a bit, so now Ive got somewhere to "start" from
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    @Waifer003 Deep breaths...we're all struggling through the format changes...I do like the size of the font, but that's about it...like with anything, change is hard...but you'll get it. And yes, you're in the right chatroom...LOL

@ewilhelm2487 Thank you so much for the advice. My doctor told me not to worry but keep up everything that I'm doing...she loved my increased activity, my loss of 25% of my weight and the rest of my numbers looked great...she put me on a new minor dose of a thyroid med to work on my T4s...my T3s looked great and have been stable for many years. I'm upping my fruits and veggies and limiting red meat, bacon and sausage...still going to eat my turkey sandwiches, but also eating more tuna and pimento cheese, so less deli meat for sure. My energy levels on day two of the new med is already increasing...she told me this medicine will help accelerate my weight loss. I'm all for that! Appreciate your advice!

@angmarie28 Nice loss this week!! You'll get things back on an even keel with your body ...I have faith in you!

Rough day today...and tomorrow is usually a work at home day for me, but this week, I have to go into the office...so home working on Friday...should make for a nice, relaxing lead into the weekend! Talk to you guys more tomorrow! I'm going to lie down!
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, November 17

Exercise: gym
    Net calories: 768
    Steps: 11.233 / 10.000

Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. Nothing special to report. Made it to the gym which mostly went fine, a little dizzy. The rest of the day was okay too. It seems the naussea starts every day around 16:00. It hasn't really gotten less yet. Sleep was not great. Woke up in the middle of the night and had a hard time falling asleep again. Still barely any REM and deep sleep. Going to pick up my new dose today.
    Happy Thursday everyone <3
  • christinalagree
    christinalagree Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    christinalagree
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 226
    CW: 225.2
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    11/16: 7,278
    11/17: 11,316
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Just checking in. My week has been busy, it was my oldests birthday yesterday. Still putting my house back together and cleaning from our Reno. The Reno is still not done, and they are giving us a hard time about finishing it. It was supposed to be done in late July early August.
    I’ve put a picture of my daughters cake, I worked hard on it and it turned out well. qhbmilms4x9g.jpeg
  • angmarie28
    Options
    11/17-10,509
  • angmarie28
    Options
    Got up and worked out this morning finally. Now Im at work, and there is no heat in my office. I am at my desk in a hoodie, a coat, and a blanket, and still cold. at least shivering burns calories :D
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    christinalagree
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 226
    CW: 225.2

@christinalagree Nice loss!! WTG! :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @Ssssseika I need your steps from Nov 4th to current please...we're getting way behind, but it was probably due to all the system changes...catch me up when you can and thanks! It's getting a little easier to use now...I do like the larger fonts.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @casandraw What a beautiful cake!!! Bet that went over well! Hope the birthday was fun!
    Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    I've caught up the spreadsheet...please take a look and make sure you've reported in your weigh ins this week...steppers, if you see lots of white spaces, send me an update...so happy all of you are being patient with the changes...shows what a great group of people ya'll are!!!

I'm going to go heat up some dinner and then relax...hope you have a wonderful, relaxing Friday tomorrow! :smile:
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    8ueje2otlljk.png
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,601 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Thursday, November 18

Exercise: no
    Net calories: 887
    Steps: 10.710 / 10.000

Ramblings of the day
    Same poop, different day.

@CasandraW
    The cake looks great & delicious! I hope your home will be restored soon.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    kcpond
    Weigh-in Day - Wednesday
    PW - 243.8
    CW - 246.6
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Steps

11/15 - 4,146