Trimstones Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
uu3v74n788sh.png

Here is your Team chat room for November 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @TheMrWobbly

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - open
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - open

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• princessdimplz
    princessdimplz Posts: 47 Member
    Let’s get it Team Trimstones! 😁
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,070 Member
    ybgzd2ac2cs4.jpg

FAQ for New Members

How do I post my weigh in?

Userid
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in
    PW: 204 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 202 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 12 lbs (optional loss to date)

How often should I post in the chatroom?

Whenever you have a question, suggestion, story, news announcement or just want to brighten someone's day!! There's never too much...and please share recipes, tips, laughs, challenges, cartoons, pictures of your pets, pictures from walks you've taken, etc...we love it all!!

What if I have to be out of town during my weigh in?

Send a message to the Captain (Jessica) in the chatroom or in a private message on MFP's mail and let her know your circumstance...if it's just for a week or two, you can be excused from the weigh-in. If you must leave for longer than a month, you may be moved to our support team until you return. When you're ready to come back, send another message and the MODS will move you back to active status.

What happens if I miss a weigh in?

If you're late, you'll be marked as LWI (late weigh in). If you fail to report in at all, you'll be labeled as NWI (no weigh in). After two NWIs, you're put on the drop list if you explanation has been provided. It's always best to let your Captain know what's going on and she'll make sure you're covered.

How do I sign up for the Step Challenge?

Send the Captain a message that you'd like to join, provide your daily step goal and tell her your favorite place to walk. It's that simple!

Do I have to re-register each month to remain part of Team TrimStones?

No, your membership will carry over month to month. The only place where this is NOT true is for the Step Challenge. You have to sign up each month to participate in it and this gives you the opportunity to adjust your daily step goal.

If I've missed anything or questions arise, just post them! We'll find the information you need as much as possible! Hope this helps!

Welcome!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    diwqlj3kptro.jpg

Today is the last day of Week 5 of our Captain's Challenge...

My focus this week was on Water Intake...did really well with it, even when including a few other caloric drinks, like milk. I still struggle with this, as I've never been a person who can drink something when NOT eating...with my meals, I can drink a lot, but not alone. Working on it. I'm a work in progress! I did really well with everything else...portion control, food choices, really great with walking/exercise as I finished my October goal of 28 intention miles and daily step goal of at least 6k...very proud of that! Enough about me...
    • What did you learn in week 5?
    • What was your struggle?
    • What was your triumph?
    • So, what will your focus be for week 6?
    • What are your concerns about your choice?
    • What is a mini goal in relation to it?
    • What do you hope to achieve overall?
    • How will THIS focus help you in planning?

This week (Week 6), I will focus on Exercise as I'm kicking off my new goal for November of 30 intentional miles! I'm really loving it!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Captain's Challenge. Newbies, jump in with us...there are several weeks left... I'll post the chart tomorrow and you can begin planning for your Week 6! Keep up your great work!!
    Jessica
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 524 Member
    NSV???
    Jeans!! I guess it’s a non scale victory because it shows I’m smaller but…
    Man it sucks being between sizes. The ones I have are to big and the next size down is a little tight. I think I’ll live in yoga pants and leggings for now 🤷‍♀️
  • princessdimplz
    princessdimplz Posts: 47 Member
    CasandraW wrote: »
    NSV???
    Jeans!! I guess it’s a non scale victory because it shows I’m smaller but…
    Man it sucks being between sizes. The ones I have are to big and the next size down is a little tight. I think I’ll live in yoga pants and leggings for now 🤷‍♀️

That’s still a good thing. Yoga pants are much more comfortable than jeans anyway, so get you some good ones 😉
  • suziieq56
    suziieq56 Posts: 14 Member
    Today is weigh in day for me, I posted in October board do I post here also? Please and thank you.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Pupowl wrote: »

So today is a little special for me. My highest weight was 112 kg (247lbs) and today I dropped under 92 kg for the first time, which means I have officially lost a solid 20 kg. This is also halfway to my intitial goal of losing 40 kg, though I am not sure if I will be happy there. I took new full body pictures in my underwear which I haven't done since my highest weight. While I do see a difference, I also see there is a lot of work left. I will take a new set of pictures when I am below 82 kg. If all goes well this month, I will have something to celebrate in lbs by making it to onederland and in kilograms by making it out of the 90's, fun!

I hope everyone will have a great November with a lot of small victories and healthy changes.
    Good luck team! <3

Congratulations, Laura! Well done on your goals so far and wish you the best of luck in November. I love your positive but realistic outlook. I'm very inspired by it! I also think it a good thing to focus on the small victories and healthy changes we are making.
  • ncfitbit
    [*] What did you learn in week 5?
    [*] What was your struggle?
    [*] What was your triumph?
    [*] So, what will your focus be for week 6?
    [*] What are your concerns about your choice?
    [*] What is a mini goal in relation to it?
    [*] What do you hope to achieve overall?
    [*] How will THIS focus help you in planning?
    [/list]

\

@jessicakrall8, quick question for you. How many weeks are left in the captains challenge? I think I misunderstood it to be a weekly, ongoing thing.

I learned in week 5 that all the best-laid plans are great, but when things go awry, you just have to hang on and do the best you can in those moments.

My struggle was that I had some late stressful nights with my mom (she got lost driving at night and the police got involved and I had to go get her) and long, stressful days with my dad (He had to have a painful medical procedure on Monday and I've been busy arranging care for him ever since so that he keeps the catheter in and can avoid complications). Things are stable for the moment, but I'm very tired.

I did the best I could with exercise and meals, but not at all what I had planned.

My little triumph was that I did manage to get on my treadmill a few times this week and go for a virtual run. That was really great for my mental health this week and also helps me feel hopeful. I haven't been running all year because of an achilles issue so I'm thrilled to get through even a few interval runs.

My focus for week 6 will be on food choices again. This is the thing that makes the biggest difference for me because when I start making poor choices it creates a domino effect in the wrong direction. Even on my busiest day this week, I forced myself to take the time to make my salad and took with me in the car when I got called to my dad's place at the last minute.

My mini goal will be to make a plan for lunches this week and make sure I take the time to shop so I have all the ingredients for it.

Overall, I hope that eating better and taking the time for self-care this way will become a strong habit that will get me through difficult times when I don't have as much control over my life.
  • jessicakrall8
    suziieq56 wrote: »
    Today is weigh in day for me, I posted in October board do I post here also? Please and thank you.

Today starts November for stats purposes (we always start on Sundays)...but as long as you post to either one, we'll get it...there's always some carry over when we start a new month. No worries!! At least you remembered your weigh-in!! :smile:
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited October 2021
    ncfitbit wrote: »
    [*] What did you learn in week 5?
    [*] What was your struggle?
    [*] What was your triumph?
    [*] So, what will your focus be for week 6?
    [*] What are your concerns about your choice?
    [*] What is a mini goal in relation to it?
    [*] What do you hope to achieve overall?
    [*] How will THIS focus help you in planning?
    [/list]
    \

@jessicakrall8, quick question for you. How many weeks are left in the captains challenge? I think I misunderstood it to be a weekly, ongoing thing.

It will run 8-10 weeks total, but you choose your focuses each week. That's why it works for anyone to jump in when they can. The last 1-2 weeks are for new discoveries/goals not originally included based on what you've discovered along the way!

Caregiving is never easy, but very needed, rewarding and loving. I took care of my Mom during her bout with dementia for the last 16 years of her life. Her dementia was due to mini-strokes, so I was fortunate to never have a day when she didn't know/recognize me. It is VERY tiring and it's vital that you practice good self-care. I'm glad you're getting those weekly walks/runs in on your treadmill...gives you time to clear out your mental cobwebs, reflect on your week and get your head on straight for the week ahead. Glad to hear that you're taking are of you and planning...BRAVO!
    Jessica
  • ncfitbit
    10/30-10,239

Step goal for November: 8,250 daily.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Hi, all. My name is Cindy, and I was part of this team from April to August of this year. Had to drop out at the end of August because I had to flee Hurricane Ida! But even before that, I was starting to slide off the wagon, and during my evacuation and after I got home (no major damage, just some missing roof shingles), the wagon ran over me a few times.

But I got my head back in the game and am ready to do this again. Of course, I gained most of my lost weight back, so I have to re-lose those pounds now. Very frustrating, because if I had stayed on course, I would already be at my goal weight.

• jessicakrall8
    edited October 2021
    h4pbh27pal5x.jpg

890max6676mn.jpg

Today starts Week 6 of the Captain's Challenge! I posted a message yesterday that would be worth going back and reviewing and I cross-posted in both Oct/Nov chatrooms so no one would miss it. Give some thought to the questions reviewing last week's focus and let it guide you in setting your focus for Week 6.

My focus last week was on Water Intake and as I said yesterday, it was good. I was able to include some caloric drinks, such as milk and my occasional protein smoothies on a few days. I'm one of those oddball people that has problems drinking any liquids when not eating, so I always struggle with getting enough liquids in my body. I'm getting better at it, but it's a task!

This week, my focus will be on exercise. For me, due to injuries and other factors, that's walking. I will focus on what I call "intentional walking", meaning not my daily steps, but intentionally setting aside time for walking. In another support group, we set monthly goals for the mileage we'll walk each month. Since I'm building up strength from a former knee injury, I'm building my goals slowly so as not to overwhelm my joints and start swelling again. I did 20 miles in July, 22 in August, 25 in September and just finished 28 for October this past week. My goal for November is 30 miles. This may not seem like a lot, but I'm taking things slowly and for a 300-lb person, I'm doing pretty well I think. I hope to never have to type that sentence again! LOL!!! :blush:

Without revisiting the questions posted yesterday (you can review those on pg 1 of the Nov thread), think overall about what you've learned from the beginning of this challenge...there's always something to learn about ourselves, our habits and what makes each of us tick.
    1. What have you learned since Wk 1?
    2. What changes have you made?
    3. What's your biggest challenge lately?
    4. What one thing will you do this week to have better results?
    5. What goal will you set for November?
    6. What BIG GOAL do you see for yourself, a year from now that you're working toward?

Here's wishing you a wonderful November...may the sun shine on you and may you be better, stronger, healthier and happier than ever before!!
    Jessica :smile:

mf2ae3t9ho87.jpg
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    edited October 2021
    Winners.gif

Hard to believe October is essentially over! You can find all of the results at the links below:

October Week Four Results
    October Grand Finale Results

Here's a sneak peak of how your team did...

Last Week
    khr5jbgjxagw.png
    October
    pm0st7ep7izz.png

• Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    edited October 2021
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    10/29: 10,300
    10/30: 9,628

This discussion has been closed.