Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• GeocacherLosingIt
    GeocacherLosingIt Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    @bookieNJ Where in MD? That's where I am!
    @LindieMaeP I'll take your lobster off your hands - yum!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 gorgeous!
    @wallahalla That's awesome - spelling humor is right up my alley. :)

Night all!
  • catnurse1
    catnurse1 Posts: 3,251 Member
    Options
    Hi, everybody! Trying to get into the swing of things. Will be sporadic until DD goes back to school and we're back into a routine. But for now, I'm heading out to Ellie's Place (what we call our cat enclosure) and in for a relaxing night. I finally finished wrapping all the gimme-s, have tomorrow for any last minute "stuff", then refuse to leave my house again until next Tuesday.

We got five inches of snow two days ago. Took Hubby four hours to plow our property and our three rental duplexes. The duplexes are a challenge because there are cars all over the place that he has to dodge. But it got done. I think his hands and feet are still trying to thaw.

Here's my official unofficial snow-o-meter.

mxffi6m3y9ui.jpg

It's dark, but here's the before plowing snow. This is Sebastian the cat's path he forged to get to the house.

wsujkn4qt33d.jpg

And lastly, after plowing, one of many snow hills. The fence at Ellie's Place is five feet tall.

29jv7bmzhfd0.jpg

Off I go. Happy what's-left-of-Wednesday, everybody!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,295 Member
    Options
    @wallahalla ,, TY TY TY TY!! It was scary that AM driving on a few side roads, but I was able to go really slow because they were SHEER ICE!! But the view was STUNNING!! LOL Your pic reminds me "A new name, how do you pronounce it? It's a foreign one "Jkmno"
    Answer" No L
    @Retired_Sue ,,, GLAD you arrived safely!! Even with the snow. ENJOY the time with your family and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!
    4no8uuv5jcj9.gif
    @Cseguin2 ,,, So sorry you weren't called, but neat on having the time off!! ENJOY IT!! Sounds like you quite enjoy cooking and so this time of year is a GREAT TIME TO DO SO!!! ENJOY ENJOY!!
    @Cormierannie,,, Did you enjoy the dancing? What type of dance is your favorite? I was invited to do yoga, it's a very small group and social distancing is a MUST and you absolutely HAVE to wear your mask, so I'll give it some thought. I'm so fussy about any type of yoga I do, but I asked MANY questions to make sure it's something I really wish to do.
    @Marg750me ,, WOW LONG DAYS!! YO YO!! What type of work do you do? Indeed you should sleep so soundly well we HOPE SO!! And that you get to enjoy some time off to do what makes you grin. We all need that. WOW you are a hard, hard worker!! NO doubt a huge asset to your team. TY
    @GeocacherLosingIt ,,, I LOVE HUMOR!! Its so much super fun!! If I could I'd E-MEAL you ALL the LOBSTAH you wanted,, now now @Lindiemaep ,,, LOLOL Maine lobsters. LOL LOL LOL Yes Maine and Canada are right next to each other, sharing a border.
    @Catnurse1,, LOVE THE PICS!! LOL I GIGGLE each time you put "the gimme's" WOOHOO I do hope you get to stay home til Tuesday!! That'd be GREAT!! The people in the duplexes do not move their cars for the plow? All the places I have lived it's a MUST except for one, but they'd plow you in, and it was up to you to get yourself out, than they'd plow that lot after. Those who worked nights preferred that and didn't mind the shoveling. I RARELY parked there, we were told to move our cars from the regular lot we parked into another one, but there were 4 lots, of course over 150 units, but most worked days, I worked mostly 3 to 11:30.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    ANYONE looking to be an EFA (Extra Flight Attendant) was called EL? Your leaders will train you, usually its not a huge time commitment, and your duties would vary on which teams are looking for the added support. EFA's may be trained to back up the other leaders, may run their own discussion feed (Such as games) etc. We can tell you it's a position that you get WAY MORE OUT of then you give. I HIGHLY recommend it.
    Please let Ceriusly1 know. TY TY TY
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,360 Member
    Options
    It's 42 feels like 36 with a high of 60 for today. Axe Sharpening: The greatest gift we can give someone else is the gift of hope.~~Meg LaFerla 1st Phorm Advisor Happy Festivus!!!! Fitness quote for today: Fitness: You don’t' have to be good at it-you just have to do it.~~~unknown Motivational quote for today: Take the time to see all the positive things in your life and end you day thankful.~~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,155 steps yesterday.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,774 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -Aw thx. The nausea and chills went away-still got the headache but I can deal with that. Aw glad the ice isn’t too bad. After getting a concussion on ice once (I ran on it because I didn’t see it under a super thin layer of snow) I stay inside when there is ice…
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,774 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! My dancer daughter’s foot hurts again. Got her into the dr for next Thursday.
  • TEXASTITCHER
    TEXASTITCHER Posts: 6,527 Member
    Options
    Snow is so beautiful in November and December when it first falls, but is very ugly in March and April when it is grey and ugly
  • HealthyBarb1
    HealthyBarb1 Posts: 2,554 Member
    Options
    Fun reading everyone's posts. I live in western Washington & we are predicted to get lots of snow over this weekend. Since we are home & purchased enough supplies for next week or so I am looking forward to some pretty white snow. Our adult kids are spending Christmas with other family this year. My 85yo Mom lives with us & both she & I have autoimmune issues so staying in protect ourselves quarantine. Will do drive by gift exchange & hugs with our kids this year. Gonna do outdoor barbecue & family get together in spring or summer once Covid is more under control. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! Smiles Barb
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,334 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thanks for the anniversary wishes! I had an email from a university friend who celebrated her anniversary a few days ago and a text from my sister. Because our daughter is off today we are having Christmas/Anniversary dinner tonight - turkey, shrimp, fish (for our vegetarian son and GF who do eat seafood), potato salad (Caribbean flair), mac and cheese (not sure where that comes from), my turnip casserole, cranberry sauce and no doubt the baked goods that I brought with me for dessert, I'm not sure if daughter is doing dressing (or stuffing) but we can probably get along without it as the meal is rather carb heavy already! Regardless of what we have, we are together this year as a family after not being able to gather last year due to lockdowns and that is what is important to me.

@TEXASTITCHER - Snow can be dirty and ugly by February!

@catnurse1 - Looks like you don't need to be "Dreaming of a White Christmas"!

@bookyNJ - Glad that you're feeling better. I've not had more than a sore arm and maybe a bit of fatigue with any COVID shot and that's not hard to deal with.

Have a great day everyone!
  • HerbsandMore
    HerbsandMore Posts: 2,350 Member
    Options
    @Retired_Sue So happy for you getting to share the holiday in person with your family this year, it really does not matter the when so much as being able to be together, we sure learned that lesson if not much else from this never ending pandemic. The food sounds great maybe after the holidays if you find the time you could share your turnip casserole just wondering if it is made with what we used to call turnip (rutabaga) I think that's what it's called in the store, I went to get some turnip, my kind, & saw these little tiny things they call turnip & I just did not know what to say. Mom used to cook one turnip for a meal, we were 6 kids, that tiny thing would not have fed one, of course not everyone liked it but I always loved it. Doubt I'll be on this tomorrow so Wishing Everyone a Very Merry Christmas!
    a2cidh65m36b.gif
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,577 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone! My daughter says hello. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I've been for a walk in the afternoon and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing after supper today. Take care and stay safe. Merry Christmas 🌲 everyone!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Couple fine flurries. Worked on my crafts and is taking a little longer than planned for the final part. If not done tonight will definitely be done tomorrow morning. Made the Christmas pudding and worked cleaning this afternoon. Tomorrow is tart shells and wrapping. Also plan to make the rounds to neighbors that are friends with gifts. Hubby has to bye my Christmas gift tomorrow as pick up a friend's gift then they're all done.
  • memeq2
    memeq2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone. Looking forward to the 5% Winter Challenge to start. I really need this.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @Bookienj ,,, Awww glad you are feeling better! Hopefully by now the headache is also gone? Ohhh ew'd all rather have snow ANY DAY over ice. I saw on the news the 100 car/truck pileup in Wisconsin!! WOW!!
    Oh I hope your D is going to be okay!
    @TEXASTITCHER ,, LOL Hence why we keep hoping for smaller snow storms until the last few weeks so it's always pretty. LOL
    @HealthyBarb1 ,, Are you in a rural area of WA? Sounds so pretty!! SMART idea waiting for family etc until spring. Its not worth the "What if" and yes, by that time hopefully with the pills being available we'll be able to be back in groups again. Time will tell.
    @Retired_Sue,,, Awww hope you enjoyed tonight!! HAPPY HAPPY Anniversary indeed!! Family means so much to 99% of us as humans, of course myself included. I saw my GGS for a few yesterday just does the heart good!! Sounds like a nice mixture of food, LOVE the mixtures!! Oh I am sure you enjoyed.
    @Herbsandmore,,, My Mom also fed us 8 kids with one turnip, but hehehehe I think she was the only one who REALLY enjoyed it. BUT in a casserole it could be better. Like the doesn't matter when we get together. I do deeply love my family and friends, and look forward to this whole thing being over with!! Aren't WE ALL!!!
    @Cormierannie,,, TY TY FOR ALL YOU DO!!! Enjoy the day/night!!
    @Cseguin2 ,,, Even flurries are better than noooo snow. What type of crafting did you do? LOL Why do men usually wait til the last minute to buy gifts? LOL Usually from not being sure what to buy. I have friends who send them pictures, order it themselves etc. LOL
    @Memeq2,, WELCOME to the 5% Challenge!! WOOHOO We are excited to see you!! May you enjoy the entire weekend, MAY WE ALL ENJOY THE WEEKEND!!
    ALL this cooking got me going especially @Katiecondy1 ,,, today I picked upped what I needed for chili and home made corn bread. Hey Katie, I AM NOT MAKING IT FROM A MIX!!! LOLOLOL
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    For all those who celebrate Merry Christmas

8e0hwq5rf67d.png
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    yhoffdnhvkmi.jpg
  • slstrake1975
    slstrake1975 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    Wishing you all a lovely and merry Christmas.
    g8755b6q6vwo.jpg
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    3a646nww3dx9.pngGood Morning, Wonderful 5% Challenge Community! Well, we got a dusting of 8ec7qb4vjppb.pngsnownh9ay03t3mii.png overnight - so ... I guess we can say that we got snow for Christmas.

My family and I celebrate on Christmas Eve so I have a lot to do before guests arrive this evening around 6. I'm still baking cookies (the house already smells wonderful at 6am!) and I'll be making cheesecake and rice pudding. Picking up the house one last time today and wrapping a few gifts. I will be doing a lot of running around today so I won't be on here until tomorrow (or Sunday), but I will be thinking of you all.

To those that celebrate: mkhm6imzp410.pngMerry Christmasmazm0jbav1wg.png! To those that don't, wishing you a Fabulous Friday!!
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,360 Member
    Options
    It's 59 feels like 56 with a high of 74 for today. Axe Sharpening: It's not easy, but it's worth it. I promise you.~~Cavan Valance 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy Eggnog Day and Merry Christmas Eve!!!! Fitness quote for today: I'm not unsociable, I just think that Getting Fit is better than Getting Drunk~~~gymaholic Motivational quote for today: Feed your mind a diet of happy thoughts and starve out your overthinking.~~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,285 steps yesterday.