Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,443 Member
    Options
    happy friday everyone! my daughter says hi1 both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on this afternoon. i am catching up on housework today. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    7ztwxdgj04r0.jpg
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,014 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Yup two years ago we were both on the A's and near the end of that winter challenge you took me on as an EL which is where I was content to stay until I got pushed - wonder who did that? into a CL role last summer! LOL! And you're still my most vocal cheerleader!

To those who has unusual amounts of snow and power outages - hope that you're doing okay with the snow. We're just dealing with January temps today - high was about -12 C or 10 F but we've also had strong wind which of course makes it feel colder. I appreciate the nice, bright sunshine on days like this, and I'm quite content not having to go since I can workout in my basement.
    Got the Christmas mugs put away today and filled up a couple of containers with their usual "winter" or "year round" decor items now that Christmas has been put away. I'm about as ready as I'm going to be to take off on this challenge tomorrow.

@wallahalla - Hubby will NOT clean the snow out of the driveway until the plow has gone by. Because we are on a corner lot and our driveway is the first one that gets filled up after the plow comes around the corner, we usually end up with twice as much snow at the end than any other driveway on the street!

Have a good evening everyone. Need to go check in on my team.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Sunny and -12°c with wind chill. Got some learning done this morning. Maybe not as much as planned but that's ok. Workouts done before lunch. No walk or work as client called. She was not feeling good and did not want to have to come get me. She normally doesn't get me as I walk but she didn't want me walking in this cold. I informed her getting there was not a problem. But would rather wait till she is feeling better for me to go clean. She agreed. So played cards with Hubby as I have not been home much and when I am have been busy.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,082 Member
    Options
    @Cormierannie,, HI Annie!! Did ya get the housework done? Cause if not,,, I am SURE some here would LOVE to let you "practice" in their places. LOLOL Imagine the calories we'd all burn off if we helped each other out!
    @wallahalla ,, LOL ITS SO CRUEL for those who go through that. WOOHOO to now living in a 55 plus where all we have to do is clean off our cars, and move them. As many of you know we own a Honda Fit, they aren't exactly a "large" size vehicles, but its very very rare either of us ever uses the shovel. Well my friend might, but I SURE DO NOT!! LOL Maybe that's why she's usually the one to clean off the car???? I just STEP ON THE GAS and OUT I SHOOT into the plowed area. LOL
    @Retired_Sue,, Oh there was NO DOUBT you had easily the skills to be a CL and YO maybe?? We trained you TO WELL??? Of course you had the talent, now the skill and FIT FORCE is a FORCE to be reckoned with, that's okay it gives the other teams who like to compete something to AIM for. Well,, GRIN we know how it worked out for the Positively Strong 4 Life team at the end of the Fall Challenge. LOL Just some friendly tussling among some teams. We VALUE SO MUCH EVERY SINGLE team!! Some enjoy being competitive, others do not, and work on other various areas, which is FANTASTIC!! It's why there are so many teams, and what they wish to achieve. GOOO ALL TEAMS!! Many teams start to take off their airplanes in just over 6 hours!! There are a few members who are ALREADY UP In the air (They live overseas). OH YO on living on the corner!! We had years and years ago when I was pretty young. Not only was it on the corner, but it was also the first house on the street right off the main street. Plus it was a main street into the complex we lived on.
    @Cseguin2,,, Sounds much safer since your client isn't feeling well, ,, to not be there. I hope she feels better very fast soon. Its so nice how you and H enjoy each others company!!
  • Retired_Sue
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - My team was in the air by - maybe before - 8 pm EST thanks to Kaye who lives in Australia and got us off on a good start! Yes it's friendly - but still competitive for some - competition. We'll see how this round goes. I expect I'll be tussling with the same two teams again! Good luck everyone!
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,009 Member
    Options
    Diane: Yea that so nice of the neighbor.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,200 Member
    Options
    It's 37 feels like 28 with a high of 48 for today and chances of rain this afternoon. Axe Sharpening: Bravery is not the absence of fear. Bravery is feeling the fear, the doubt, the insecurity & moving forward in spite of it.~~~Claire Thomas 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy National Bubble Bath Day!!!! Fitness quote for today: You simply can't go wrong by making yourself a priority.~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Listen to music that raises your frequency. You will be surprised how much joy comes from a good song.~~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,191 steps yesterday.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -yup I am guilty of looking at them mid workout. I think we got 2-3 inches of snow. We’s starting to melt which causes its unfortunate friend-ice. We had so ice yesterday and supposed to get more tonight.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 -Aw what card games do you play? I like hand & foot though right now we’re on a big uno flips trend.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

We play Skipo, Deer in the head lights, uno, and cribbage mainly.

Today has been sunny, windy, and freezing. Had to venture out today to go grocery shopping. Walked there but bought to much to carry home so took a cab. The wind almost blew me off my feet a couple times. I am learning new things with my studies and some things I already know thanks to Sparks, MFP and TOPS. My new schedule at the moment seems to be working for now. I know at some point I will have to adjust it. Looking forward to switching one of my reps from 3# to 5#. Son will be happy when I start using them. With our TOPS group shutdown again I am starting my COVID challenge. For anyone wondering this means my goal is to lose as much as I can before we go back. The only difference is I only have 14 lbs till goal. This means my aim is to be at maintenance.
  • Retired_Sue
    Options
    Good evening - just popping by to say "Hi". It's been a busy-ish day on the team -catching up with some things that I wanted to leave until my roster was set. I see that I have another potential member though, which is kind of nice because I had a team member who had to withdraw late yesterday.
    @Kateljm - You have a seat waiting for you on the Fit Force team. Please go to "Community" then Groups" to claim your spot. We're looking forward to having you join us soon!
  • dkhudson56
    dkhudson56 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Today was not as bad as yesterday when I had meltdown again over Mom. Stopping early for the night cos now have her pictures up on wall and curtains in living room. Place is organized for now to where tomorrow I will clean and begin again unpacking stuff from garage. Did leave with my sister for couple hours today to hunt for curtains and she didn't destroy the place. Of course she did minor rearranging. Trying to get it in my head just to agree with her
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,082 Member
    Options
    HI All!! Checking in fast!! Sorry, but it's been a very very busy day. I did way to much walking, and helping to clean out a large closet of stuff we had left in it when the Covid shutdown happened. Its a closet that those of us on the Resident council use. Oh MAN!! It had hit me yesterday we had quite a BIT OF FOOD in there!! Eww it needed to GO!! So today that went along with anything that was not new. So lots of napkins, plates any open utensils etc etc. All in all 10 large bags!! YO!! YO!! YO!! Normally we go through it at least once a month. At that time I was the secretary so though I helped of course, it wasn't upon my shoulders. Last month I became the President. I really like the way we have arranged our council. If someone wants an event and they can organize it, they are to do so (we have cheat sheets on how to organize it step by step) they are not capable (we are a 55 plus) they are to ask someone else to head it up. Nothing worse than only council members arranging everything. QUICK WAY TO BURN OUT!! We do not wan the BURN OUT!! Got in 90 mins of walking due to several small errands adding UP today. I didn't realize we'd end up doing all of this. Plus the 90 mins of cleaning out the closet. I came upstairs ,, ate a little but and OUT I WENT INTO LALA LAND!! WOOHOO!!!

Hope you all have a GREAT SUNDAY!! Mine will be busy if it all pans out, but I HOPE IT DOES NOT!! LOL All I really want is the meeting I go to on Sundays (Congregation) and the FOOTBALL game,, Pats VS Dolphins,,, we are bringing fish to feed the dolphins,,, setting them OUT FREE INTO THE OCEAN!! Hehehehehe!!

If anyone saw the Chiefs today play against the Bronco's,, WHAT A GAME!!! YO!! Just caught the 4th quarter, but WOW!! I lived in Aurora (outside of Denver,, I had moved there just after the theatre shooting, it was still so CRAZY THERE!) so I DO Cheer on the Bronco's, but I also have an older brother living in Kansas. Let's see who gets into the Super Bowl!! I HOPE the Pats do, but they have a ways to go.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,009 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,200 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I got to see the first half of the Chiefs Broncos game before church then got to see the final few minutes of the 4th quarter. Awesome game and glad it came out the way I wanted. I'm a Chiefs Fan.

It's 31 feels like 21 with a high of 35 for today. Axe Sharpening: I urge you all to make your health a priority and stop taking it for granted. If not for yourself, for your loved ones.~~~Mike Counihan 1st Phorm Elite Athlete This Day in History: 2007 Apple CEO Steve Jobs introduces the original iPhone at a Macworld keynote in San Francisco. Fitness quote for today: Never Give Up. Never Surrender. Rise Up. Go Beast Mode.~~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Keep your mind focused on what you want most.~~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 10,895 steps yesterday.
  • HealthyBarb1
    HealthyBarb1 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Hi 5% Challengers! Hope everyone is having a great 1st weekend of the Winter Challenge. Let's make this a great new year & make and meet our get healthy goals....we got this!! Smiles Barb