Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,081 Member
    Options
    @marg750me ,, HI BACK!! How was your day?
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,197 Member
    Options
    It's 31 feels like 21 with a high of 50 for today. Axe Sharpening: It's YOUR life. You only get one. Up to YOU whether it's a good one or a bad one.~~~Derek Weida 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy National Spaghetti Day!!!! Fitness quote for today: Excuses are for people who don't want it bad enough.~~~fitnessive Motivational quote for today: There is only one choice you make that matters, and that's not to lose yourself in others.~~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 11,187 steps yesterday. Got my booster shot yesterday and still just a sore arm but feel good otherwise. Today's training plan is: Strength (9 sets) then 5 RFT (17 min cap) to finish up.
  • Chubbynomore10
    Chubbynomore10 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Glad to be back. Thank you all for all of your hard work setting up these challenges and keeping everything in order.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,581 Member
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 -yay on getting ahead and great attitude with the snow! None here yet but ours is supposed to come on Thursday night.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -that’s great you were able to do some visiting. I try to help people with technology-because of covid sometimes people don’t want as much help around here. Sorry about the foot and eye surgery!
    @Retired_Sue -Aw sorry about lock down. I hope that ends soon enough. Our municipal building is back to Mail only-waiting to hear what is happening with the library-I have 3 books to pick up soon and 3 to return.
    @wallahalla -lol! Thx for all the funny memes.
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Cold day here but it’s going to get colder. Went to the gym this morning and swept. Lots more to do
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Macrat12,, Hope the arm is okay.
    @DLBEASYRIDER ,, LOL Oh I'll be a crying ,, but it's really SWEAT in my eyes!! LOLOLOL Looking forward to Saturday!
    @Chubbynomore10 ,, HEY WELCOME BACK to the 5%!! WOOHOO SO GOOD to see you again!! YEAH YEAH!! Come on in,, settle down onto MFP!! ASK ALL the questions you have. Once you are on a team (you may be now) keep a asking your leaders, and members, best way is on your team chat. If there's a question you can't get answered, hey ask here too!! This is a FANTASTIC chat, and it'll stay active through the entire challenge. We do our best to also keep it monitored so if there are any questions etc, we can help ya out. IT is different than SPARKS!! Many at first were "OH NO!! NO GOODIES!!" BUT!! WOOHOO we save so much TIME in not having to earn them in order to give a WOOHOO to our friends, and teammates!! AND look at this! INSTEAD YOU CAN post your own pictures (my view out of my living room) or ones you find on the net!!
    jzina0r4cosv.jpg
    Even WAY MORE FUN is you can use GIFS!
    LOL THis is the one we do on the Positively Strong 4 Life team when we land our plane!! HAHAHAHA see so much MORE FUN!!!
    livuqzaupvan.gif
    @Bookienj,, WOOHOO on your snow on Thurs,, did you get any yesterday? I know Maryland and WA did, but not sure how far up it came? The one on Friday we may or may NOT get that one. Of course it's only Tuesday so who knows!! GREAT JOB On the GYM!!

I did see the foot Dr today,, GREAT NEWS it's NOT broken. Its a nerve that freaking out so he did a cortisone shot, and also I have, or HAD a very nasty huge callous on the bottom of the foot he took care of that, it could been why the nerve was a freaking out. The foot is still very sore, but hopefully it'll straighten itself OUT cause this gal HAS MUCH TO DO!! LOL Like MAYBE shoveling (well not really "shoveling unless it's over 8"s ,, than precious little) to clean off the car and maybe if I can handle it, helping others with their cars too. You all KNOW HOW MUCH I ADORE SNOW!! And OH I DO!! I hope this time it snows mostly in the Day time so I can totally ENJOY it!! There's just something so very peaceful as it falls about it. A special quietness falls over the city. I am in Southern Maine on the ocean.
    vxtxmgltu9zk.gif

• Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,010 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - You and your snow! We have very little at the moment. There was just a bit at Christmas here - pretty much nothing in the city at our daughter's - but the mild temperatures last week melted a lot of it so much of our lawn is bare. Not sure when we're getting more - it'll come when it comes. Chubbynomore10 landed on the Fit Force team! Looking forward to getting to know her! Just waiting for one last member to board which is SO much better than last time!

@bookieNJ - The past few months were so much busier than I'd been used to for some time, so I'm actually okay - for now - with a bit of lockdown. Mainly I'll miss my singing but we were only going to two retirement homes each month anyway. Tough for them - they really look forward to the entertainment.

The wrist is feeling much better today even without the wrist support - and I did VERY light weights this morning - no more than 3# in the left hand most of the time. I seem to have survived without it getting sore again. I called Canadian Blood Donor services to see if I'd have to re-schedule my appointment to donate next week as I'll be getting my booster less than 48 hours before my appointment but I'll be fine to donate as scheduled. Checked in with the retirement homes to confirm that they won't be looking for us this month and also emailed the book club leader to see if we'll be meeting next week. If indoor groups are set at 5, I suspect she'll be cancelling.

Have a good day everyone. Here's a thought for the day -

"I can do anything!"
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was weigh day. Gained 1.5 lbs. Not surprised except by the fact I am back to where I was in October. I know what to do and plan to stay on track as I am getting back to it. Feeling some stiffness in my arms and shoulders today from yesterday's workouts. Tomorrow is core and lower will be interesting to see how that goes. Client called me twice this morning but as I was working for Mom I couldn't go. Lost out on some money oh well he knew I don't work Tuesdays. Might have to work this evening if one of is tenants need my help but have not heard anything yet.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Retired_sue,, hehehehe indeed I DO love my snow. Hopefully we'll get more and more, and you to since it helps to not have fires.
    @wallahalla ,, LOL come on how hard can it be to put in a carrot, and some coals for the eyes? Hmmm as a kid coal was so easy to come by wonder what kids use now?? GOOGLY EYES???
    @Cseguin2,, when it comes on at once, it usually comes off pretty quickly too. Many of us are starting out this way. I hope he calls you back on a day you have on the schedule to work. SIGH that we need the money, but of course when we work, we give an availability for a reason.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,197 Member
    Options
    It's 21 feels like 15 with a high of 36 for today. Axe Sharpening: KEEP GOING. It will be worth it, I promise.~~~Rachel Brown 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy National Bird Day!!!! Fitness quote for today: Giving up is NOT an option for ME.~~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Stop doubting yourself, you are capable of anything.~~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 11,848 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is: Gymnastics Skill- 12 min EMOM (4 sets) then 11 min AMRAP to finish up in the gym after breakfast. Still more than 24 hours post booster shot still just a sore arm but felt good otherwise.
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -nope no snow. We did get ice last night. Enough so no gym for me. I did a Zumba type workout instead.
    @Retired_Sue -Aw sorry the retirement home visits have to stop again. Our library is requiring masks which are no big deal-I thought they library was going to be curbside only again but that hasn’t happened yet. My library book club is supposed to meet next week as well. I hope that can happen. We are a tiny group.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,443 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone. It's a mild and mostly cloudy day here today. My daughter says hello to everyone. My Christmas break with my family was great! Everyone was so happy and relaxed. My daughter loved her xmas presents! I love my Xmas presents too. One of my presents was a beautiful lotion and Bath collection set that I got from my parents. School here doesn't start until Jan 17th. It was supposed to start on Monday, then that was changed to today. We're in a modified stage 2 here in Ontario, Canada. My daughter is okay with online learning for her classes for now. She's looking forward to going back in person to school as soon as it is okay for her to do so. The budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I've been for a walk and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing later this afternoon. Not only do I enjoy listening to music, I enjoy dancing to it as well. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,451 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Good afternoon today is a little warmer than the last few days, 59 outside. Looking forward to the challenge starting. Have a great day.

May the world be kind to you,
    and may your own thoughts be gentle upon yourself.
    - Jonathan Huie

• Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,010 Member
    Options
    @cormierannie - I didn't realize that you were also in Ontario. Schools being online or in person doesn't affect me but does affect our 9 year old GS. But then he got used to that as our daughter and SIL chose to have him do solely online learning last year. Being long retired - from teaching - I'm happy not to have to deal with that!

@bookieNJ - It is unfortunate - especially for the residents. We weren't going to have a pianist this month any way so we might have been cancelling anyway. We'll see how quickly our "temporary lockdown" helps to lower the case numbers. Maybe we'll get back to singing in a couple of months or by the spring. Our book club is also pretty small but we've been asked to hold off meeting for a couple of weeks anyway. We'll see if we can get together later this month.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - We're getting a bit of light snow now and the temp is supposed to drop so it might stick around. Just not sure how much we'll get yet. When I don't have to go anywhere, I don't check the weather much.

Just finished putting away Christmas decorations - at least all the ones that get packed into bins in the basement. Hubby wanted to get the Christmas stuff put away but of course I did the bulk of it because he'll just toss stuff into bins with no rhyme or reason while I like to pack up the stuff in a way that will make it easier to decorate the next year because the items I want for each area will be mostly together. It takes a bit more time but it was my two + hours workout for today. Not all of the stuff that hast to go back up has been put into place yet but hubby can do more of that. And there are a few things that get stored upstairs that I keep out for a while longer that will eventually be stored away for another year.

Enjoy your day everyone!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been freezing and windy with some flurries here in Southeastern Ontario. Reached 13,000+ steps partly because I was walking taking Mom to appointments. Managed to stay mostly warm just fingers and toes were frozen. Also made no excuses to do my workouts. Helped that my unpredictable client did not call nor did his elderly tenant. My Son is my savour sometimes. He is taking my Mom to her appointments tomorrow and Friday. This leaves me more time for me. I hope I get a call from my client but if not no biggie I am not hurting for cash right now. For me being back in semi lockdown doesn't really affect me unless I need to eat on the run. Just to cold outside to eat.
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    1o8ni34sghdp.jpg
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,191 Member
    Options
    🌕Good Evening, Challengers🌕! I don't even know how you all keep up with this thread ... between work, rehearsals, taking care of the house, etc, I'm sad to say that I am **WAY** behind on keeping up with this thread.

🥺I do want to post an update to my team, however. 🕵️ The @Red Hot Chili Steppers (formerly Team #3) is looking for 4 more Challengers who have not yet picked up their boarding passes for Saturday's take-off🕵️. I've invited them and sent MFP mails (multiple mails) and I'm still missing the following🥺:
    🔎 @skaniski26
    🔍 @LeniaSty
    🔎 @EjoyEvelyn
    🔍 @200Karen

If anyone has seen our team mates, please let them know that I'm looking for them and they should look for their invitations so that they can board our 🧑🏼‍✈️ plane 👩🏼‍✈️ on Saturday!

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
    Heidi, CL ~ 2022 Winter 5% Challenge, 🌶️Red Hot Chili Steppers (RHCS)🌶️
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Bookienj ,,,, SO SORRY about the no snow, but WOOHOO on the the ZUMBA type of workout!! Every bit of movement is more cals saying "BUT I LOVEEEE YOUUUU" as it goes away. (Think of Scrubbing Bubbles going right down the drain) LOL
    @Cormierannie,,,, Hope your D's schooling goes well. Here they are still in school learning (The Greater Portland Maine area). They are required to wear masks and have been since Sept.
    @Kurtize,, WOW 59!! YO to warm for this chick!! Hope you enjoyed the day!! WOOHOO IN Just OVER 2 days we'll be LIVE!! WTG ALL TEAMS! Indeed if we can't be nice to ourselves how can we expect others to be?
    @Retired_Sue, freezing rain to rain today. But on Friday around 3ish they "say". LOL We know I don't count on anything til it's fallen. But our snow could use a refresher!! Nice to have put into bins in ORDER that only makes sense. LOL So as females we usually think.
    @Cseguin2 ,,,, WOW LOTS of steps!! YO!! Hope your fingers and toes are ok? WOOHOO on your brother helping out with your Mom!! That's SUPER!! ENJOY some time for yourself!!! Glad it's not cash flow issue if he doesn't call you to help out.
    @Walla_walla LOLOL FUNNY to see, but not to experience!! But still,, funny to see!! LOL As kids we'd ONLY do the end of the driveway if Mom absolutely NEEDED to get out.
    @hicim705 ,,,, IF I see any of them, I'll absolutely point them towards your way.

So far 30 mins of exercise in, I'd like 10 to 20 more. Ten of it, was walking to get errands done inside the building. Drop off this, drop off that. Deliver a meeting agenda to a few people (PHEW Elevators!) get this ,, get that. Plus 20 mins of house cleaning done slowly which included putting away laundry. In a bit will do a few more household things and leg work combo for the 10. Than maybe some hand weights sitting down.