Replies

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,346 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    It's 38 feels like 34 with a high of 58 for today. Axe Sharpening: Think about your future self. Where do you want to be? Are you doing what you need to do to get you to that spot?~~~Darcy Kammeier 1st Phorm Advisor/Registered Dietitian Happy Peach Melba Day!!!! Fitness quote for today: Do the work. Everyday. Challenge yourself to be uncomfortable.~~Sadik Hadzovic Motivational quote for today: When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see then one which has been opened for us.~~Helen Keller Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,181 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is: truck unload later than originally scheduled then 45 min ride on my slim cycle.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,948 Member
    Options
    @Retired_Sue -yay for a bigger area to allow for social distancing. Glad you are doing so well post vaccine.
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    q9w5fajtnupi.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,579 Member
    Options
    @Dnjoys,,, Oh I understand easily. When others talk about horses, I've never been on one, I am not sure unless I was really little, if I've ever been near one. I too, am a city gal. When I go up to my GD's (An hour away) I go past a bunch of lakes and YO TONS of ice fishing in the winter.
    @Patti241 ,,, Hope you enjoyed the day!!
    @dkhudson56 ,, As one ages they know the time will come that they'll not be here. It heart breaking in many ways Being a full time care taker, that's not ever easy, even under the best circumstances. Please do what you can to take care of yourself. To do stuff daily that you enjoy even if it's not as long as you wish you could. Sounds like you are both settling into the place. That's great.
    @Cseguin2 ,,,, WOOHOO so glad the studying is going well!! WTG!!!
    @wallahalla ,, LOLOLOL TY TY TY!!!
    @Retired_Sue,,, WOOHOO on the snow falling. Did you get much? I thought by now the entire eye would be clearly seeing, its still just the little bit that looks like when you come out of the water, but it's doable. Totally.
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,639 Member
    Options
    I'm finished with all my appointments for my "busy" week - the first time I've been out since Boxing Day.
    Audiology and COVID booster on Tuesday and my blood donor appointment this afternoon. I came home from making my blood donation just over a a half hour ago. It was slower going in there today than it has been for a long time. There seemed to be fewer chairs set up and less staff so I spent more time waiting to talk to the nurse and then a few minutes waiting to make my donation. I always have a book with me so I can stay occupied while waiting and donating. Now I can get back to hunkering at home to avoid getting sick! We have a plumber coming in tomorrow morning to install a new kitchen faucet and check out a couple of other fixtures in our bathrooms.
    Have a good evening everyone!

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I'm glad that the eye is better. I hope that the surgery on the other eye goes well too!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a very busy crazy day. My day started out normal. Study, breakfast, workouts and cleaned fridge. Then my day turned stressful. Mom fell and had the ambulance take her to the hospital. Her nurse called me as she could not reach Mom. I said let me try my son as he is there. No answer from either phone. Called nurse back and suggested she speak to management of the building. That's how I found out she was going to the hospital. Tracked Mom down at one hospital. Two and a half hour wait to be seen at least. Still couldn't reached my son. Had lunch and called my brother-in-law. He hadn't heard from him. Called my brother and let h know the info I had. Then had Hubby call son until I got there to see if he could get him to answer. After taking the bus to Mom's found out he was sleeping. He is not feeling well and come to find out he took 2 days worth of pills yesterday. Not good on the kinds he takes. Got him to eat a little. Then left. Came home played a game of cards with Hubby, made pastry dough, and rebound jogging. The update on Mom is that she still has not seen a Dr. and with COVID none of us can be with her.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Retired_Sue ,,, WOOHOO with being done with the busy week!!! YO those weeks are always interesting, but used to way more fun before the virus. Glad you are able to be home, safer, happier. Ohhh its fun to be choosing out new fixtures! SO MANY CHOICES!!! I've seen some amazing ones that just sparkle and DANCE and some that are so boring, I kept on going. HAVE FUN!!! Do you like the brassy ones? I do the gold ones also, but there's something about brassy. TY TY TY TY on my eye!! Tonight that side stuff isn't there, but I am quite sure it wasn't last night and he did say it'd be a week to 10 days, and this is only day 4.
    @Cseguin2 ,,,,, Oh hon!! I am so very very sorry!! Have you heard how your Mom is? I have 2 friends who both went in yesterday (Neither knows the other one is just literally down the hallway from each other. Both in heart failure, as am I,,, hey I NEED NEW FRIENDS!) but one friend hasn't gotten up to a room yet, and she says they aren't even treating her, I am 99.9999% sure they are!! But, she's just not happy being still in the ER over 34 hours later. So I hope they are helping your Mom and she's okay. What a scary way to find things out. How are you coping? Hope S is okay. Glad you and H carved out some couple sweet time.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 37 with a high of 56 for today with rain/snow mix to start at 9PM. Axe Sharpening: Capacity is a state of mind.~~~Stacey Erving Jr. 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy World Logic Day and Happy National Dress up your pet day!!! Fitness quote for today: No BS. No Excuses. Just lift that weight.~~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Miracles happen when you show gratitude for where you are and how far you have come.~~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,934 steps yesterday. Getting the oil changed in my car so today's training plan is 4 part chipper workout after breakfast then 45 min slim cycle ride this afternoon.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    For the 2022 Winter 5% Challenge Community Members who are Premium subscribers:

1) Do any of you have the negative calorie adjustment feature enabled? I was considering doing it for a month. I am in the normal weigh range, but not at goal weight/range quit yet. I'm wondering if it will make a significant difference in what my Garmin is currently recording. I wear my smartwatch and sync regularly. I have been working on improving/increasing my N.E.A.T in addition to planned movement. Did it make a considerable difference for you?

2) Do any of you track exercise w/o increasing your calorie goals? This is something I've never really thought about doing, so far, as I do like to see the majority of my days in the green... Only talking about myself here, lol. 😉😊

Now that I've asked these pressing questions... I shall attempt to get back to sleep!! Grateful I can sleep in tomorrow. 😳😁
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    @Retired_Sue -that’s great you got everything done including donating blood! I need to do that…I always have a book with me also including while waiting at the school pick up line.
    @CSEGUIN2 -Aw I am sorry about your mom-I hope she is ok and back home.
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    2zjmq3fuiagk.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @Patti241 ,, HI Patti!! WOOHOO ready to plan out meals for the next day? I need to do this too.
    @Bluetail6 ,,, sorry I don't pay for premium. I do know on regular I do not want my watch and MFP connected because it shows / tells me to eat more. When I eat more, I do not lose, but often gain. I'd suggest trying it, because any cals I burn are done with show exercise and so my calorie burn isn't high.
    @Bookienj,, Hehehe there are only a few times that reading isn't the right thing to do. But, I can't think of any. Can you? WELL Driving, but at that point AUDIO books. LOL
    @wallahalla ,, LOLOLOL HAHAHAHAHA OOOOPS!!! As a kid guess I lived in a not to bright neighborhood, which was near the school. EVERY STUPID YEAR some DUMB Kid would do the DARE. LOL We'd stand back and laugh and laugh. We knew to get water. But still,,,
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thanks for the responses about Mom. Here is the update. She did not see a doctor until mid morning today, she has 3 cracked ribs and phenomena most likely. She has been admitted for about 5 days we will see. She was not given a room until sometime late afternoon. She is in a lot of pain and hangs up on us when we call her and that's if she even answers.

Back to me...lol... Today has been good and aiming for 15,000+ steps. Yesterday I reached 15,000+ steps! Worked today as well. Felt great to be at work and to see my client feeling better. Hubby decided he wanted takeout so the deal was I pick and he gets lol. Only way for him to get exercise. He tried to back out more than once but I won. I am still in range and so happy. Still struggling with retraining my brain that I don't need food after dinner.
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,639 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I didn't pick out the faucet - hubby ordered it online and it arrived the other night. I'm fine with it - it's a brushed metal - maybe nickle and I like the style. I wouldn't want brassy fixtures for my kitchen sink. Plumber was here late this morning and had it installed in a few minutes. He also fixed the drippy downstairs shower as well as the very stiff faucet in the bathtub upstairs. All done in under an hour. Saying I had a "busy" week was a bit "tongue-in-cheek" as I had to go out three times but that was the first I'd been out of the house since we got back from our daughter's place on Boxing day! I've certainly had busier weeks as recently as just before Christmas but at the moment most things are shut down and we just aren't going anywhere as we try to avoid this variant. I have nothing on my calendar for the foreseeable future so a busy week will be if I have to go somewhere more than once in a week!

@CSEGUIN2 - Sorry to hear about your mom's fall. With hospitals starting to be full of COVID patients, it's not surprising that it took so long for her to get a bed. I hope that she recovers well. And I hope that your son is okay after taking the extra meds. It's always scary when we can't reach people easily.

@bookieNJ - I've been donating blood regularly since I retired over 14 years ago so I've made quite a few donations. I donated on a number of occasions when I was still working but the clinic day for our community was not a good one for me as I had to be out early in the evenings on those days after teaching all day and didn't have a lot of time in between for extra appointments. The process is so much more streamlined now than it was back then.

Chilly night last night and chilly all day but at least we had bright sunshine. We'll have another chilly night before it moderates a bit and it seems there could be snow in the forecast over the weekend. I didn't feel too tired tonight as I often do the day following a donation but I have been dealing with a headache. Nothing serious - haven't even taken any meds but I think I might. At least I slept better last night.

Have a good evening!
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 24 feels like 13 with a high of 33 and snow until around 4PM. Axe Sharpening: There will be days when you don't want to do it, but I promise that you will never regret doing it anyway.~~Jaclyn DiFranco 1st Phorm Advisor Happy National Hat Day!!!! Fitness quote for today: I will get there.~~~unknown Motivational quote for today: I know things are difficult right now, but I also know you've got what it takes to get through it.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 11,439 steps yesterday.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: I am planning my meal for the next day.

We are expecting snow and then changing to rain.
  • debulaclark
    debulaclark Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone!!
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -lol it’s usually always a good time to read-except maybe when you are playing a game or watching tv? I was listening to an audio book while in the car-internet went out right on a cliff hanger!
    @CSEGUIN2 -glad your mom was able to get a bed-sorry about the diagnosis! So much pneumonia going around!
    @Retired_Sue -that’s awesome! For years I couldn’t give blood, I was anemic. Due to covid, I haven’t given blood in years. There is a place here that has a blood drive every 6 weeks but hubby is hoping Nj gets out of red before I give again. Our forecast for Monday varies from ice/rain/bit of snow to 3-6 inches. Hoping it isn’t bad because my younger daughter has her orthopedic follow up appointment Monday afternoon.