Replies

• aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    9ioi2cp3lmek.gif

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,472 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone! It's a very cold day here today. My daughter says hello to everyone. I did 3 miles of the mega miles DVD this morning and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing after supper. Later on I will be doing some arts and crafts. My daughter and I really enjoy doing arts and crafts. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Mom update: according to her Dr. She is on iv antibiotics for the phenomena. They had her on strong pain killers last night but was not very responsive this morning so they took them away and is now only getting Tylenol. Monday physio is supposed to work with her. The Dr. Is hoping to have her home by late in the week. We can't even call her as she won't answer the phone. This makes it even more frustrating.

Today was a good day. Got most of planned things done. Trying to reach 15,000+ steps but may not happen and that's ok. Sun was out and warm but the air is freezing. Working on trying to stay warm in the apartment.

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,149 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @Cseguin2, WOW Your poor Mom has a long recovery ahead of her. Understandably about the pain meds, but I hope the tylenol is helping, but that's a TON of pain for Tylenol unless it's like Tylenol 3. I have 2 friends in the local hospital (They both went to largest one, makes sense it's in Portland which is near by enough (Maine) one of them waited almost 30 hours to get a room. The other one used to work there, and so she was fast-forwarded, but she's also in near critical condition so she'd of been anyways. Glad they are helping your dear Mom. Oh no doubt she doesn't feel at all well. So sorry.
    WOOHOO though on all of those steps!! WOW!! That's so good!!!
    @Retired_Sue,,, Oh your faucet sounds really nice!! AWESOME that the plumber also fixed the drips/leaks!! That saves so much $$ down the line. It's smart to stay away from people if people are able to. There are of course, times that just can't be done for everyone. I now keep my place stocked with stuff I enjoy for 2 weeks ahead of time "just in case."
    @Patti241,,, WOOHOO Hey GOOD JOB and we really love that!! Patti is also on the PS4L team as am I. Monday we are expecting rain to snow. However the winds will gust to 50 MPH or more, so likely power outages along the coast , and some coastal flooding (Thankfully though I am right on the harbor, we are higher up). On such days if I have to into Portland I totally know which area's to AVOID as well as the area I live in. Its amazing to me, how every single time people will drive in those areas and each time,,, they need to tow them out later on. It's only 4 to 6 hours to avoid those areas.
    @debulaclark ,,, WOOHOO HI!! Are you enjoying the team you are on? It's ALWAYS GREAT to see you!! We all hope your Saturday was TOTALLY AWESOME!!!
    @Bookienj,,, OH MY OH MY on the wifi and the audio ,, "JUST AT THAT TIME!" I KNOW I'd of laughed so hard, I'd of swerved perhaps a tiny bit!! Hopefully your D will be able to have her appointment. I totally trust my driving in snow ,, and I do not go out in the icy conditions any more. When I worked it was a NO OPTION at times. Yet I trust NO ONE ELSES driving in snow (well a FEW and I do mean ONLY A FEW) friends.
    @Aalley5,, WOOHOO Hey ,, where's @CATWMNCAT because today is::::
    ynvhiuh8mkdf.png
    @Cormierannie,, We hope you both had a GREAT TIME doing crafts!! Any to show us?
    pjbxr7sf031o.png

SURE IS COLD today!! I AM using my space heater and believe me, I have ALWAYS been weary of these things. THANKFULLY it does have the shut off if tipped over or even slightly tipped (I TEST it each time) and of course nothing at all is around it. It's also not sitting directly on the carpet, to me that's just asking for an issue.
    cyq000qj5m43.png

• wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    zhoe4lrm31me.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @wallahalla LOL If I wanted to I'd find the one my nephew but this was faster. BBQ ing in the snow is done all the time.

122a41245yl5.png

• dkhudson56
    dkhudson56 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I'm done with all the work in the shed. I wanted it done before the snow is supposed to hit tomorrow. Some stuff to Good Will, some into Mom's veh, and rest in house and all organized. Tomorrow is just cleaning day and relax since I have been going for 15 days. Mom doing OK and friend visited today who has handicap child who Mom loves. She read to him.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1

Thank you responding. I love having my Garmin connected to MFP. It has been working quite well. There are certain tweaks one can do in Premium I was curious about. I posted a general question on MFP and got some great responses from long-time successful members.

I do understand that you wouldn't want your smartwatch and MFP connected if it isn't working for you.

Again, thank you for responding. Have a great Sunday!! 😊
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,237 Member
    Options
    It's 21 feels like 16 with a high of 41 for today. Axe Sharpening: Not everyone will understand and that's OK. But you must understand as you grow mentally, physically, and emotionally, that you outgrow people, places, things, and that's OK.~~Hanah Jones 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy National Religious Freedom Day!!! Fitness quote for today: Most people are so scared to fail that they don't even try.~~gymaholic Motivational quote for today: You have the most beautiful mind; let it think beautiful thoughts.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,954 steps yesterday.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,038 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,649 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -finished the book yesterday! My internet started working again so I listened to the end while walking-I actually had one page left so I finished the paper version. It was good! My hubby wilL drive her if we have slightest chance of crummy weather. We are beyond cautious. And lol about the guys snowblowing in shorts!
  • dkhudson56
    dkhudson56 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I am done for the day. Only 88,000 steps away from my monthly goal so I am taking a break and being lazy after 15 days of constant work. Gradually I'll get back in to reading posts
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been sunny and cold. Today started out good. Studied, and worked out. Then the dreaded phone call came.

Mom's Update: She has tested positive for COVID. Not sure when she contracted it. She is being moved to pre ICU and has had her oxygen increased. She says hi when the nurse told her to and said uh multiple times during her conversation with my sister. The doctor says she could go either way and has indicated that if need be she would like to be revived.

So yes I have been on auto pilot since. Making calls and doing other things around the house. Even played a couple games of cards with Hubby. I am feeling stressed, scared, and worried most. Since I was in contact with her on Tuesday myself and Hubby as well as my son are in quarantine for 5 days to monitor for symptoms. So locked in our places till Friday unless we show symptoms. My son has the highest chance as he has been with Mom the whole time. We just don't know if she contracted it in hospital or before. I also have to inform my client as I was there on Friday and she is elderly. I am determined to stay as active as possible and hoping my brain works in autopilot for my workouts tomorrow if I don't wake up feeling better.
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    mw1spy8fjsba.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @dkhudson56 ,, WONDERFULLY productive day!! WOOHOO that you FINALLY get to relax some tomorrow!! NICE!! Hope you are okay with the SNOW!! Here? RAIN ARRRGGHHH cause we've been in the single digits, but a storm comes up the coast and ONLY right along the coast it'll shoot up to 44!!! HUH?? WHY!!??? With wind gusts up to 55 to 60. I'm fully prepared in case we lose electricity, hopefully you won't. ENJOY SOME DOWN TIME!! You've certainly have earned it!
    @Bluetail6 ,, Awww YW!! It's so neat how we have so many choices. We pick the one that works for us, and I love that having your Garmin connected does. NO DOUBT that's motivating too! LOVE THAT!!! WELCOME to the Winter 5% Challenge!! Its a fun place to be!! So many very good strong successful "losers" among us!
    @Patti241 ,, HI Patti!!! Enjoy the day!!! May it be have some GREAT Laughter in it! And also me time.
    @Bookienj,, LOL Last night I was reading (OH WHY DO THIS BEFORE BED?? Isn't it SUPPOSED TO RELAX US????) it hit a wicked exciting part, ,, I was an HOUR LATE getting to sleep!! YO!! But, hehehehe it was worth it!! Glad if needed hubby will drive D. Stay warm!
    @Cseguin2 ,, Oh hon I am so deeply sorry!!! Sounds like your Mom is a fighter!! Those who are tend to pull through, but the worry is so horrid. You may remember about 4 weeks ago a dear friend, in her late 70's contracted Covid in the nursing home she lives at. We thought for sure, that was it (she's like an Aunt), but somehow she pulled through. She's in stage 4 heart failure, so we were shocked. Here's hoping your Mom will too. PLEASE PLEASE take care of yourself. Do what you can to help with the anxiety and hopefully the 3 of you will also be okay. Which of course includes your son.
    @wallahalla LOLOLOL!! I WANT TO DO THIS one of these days. I'll get a few friends to help us out with so many cars, just the first row in which are about 10 cars. It'll be wicked funny!!
    cdy1jrldvfgw.png

We live on a very busy corner in the city so of COURSE THIS IS NECESSARY!! LOL AND SO EASY to do!
    5h33n0ad3mb8.png

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,237 Member
    Options
    It's 27 feels like 22 with a high of 47 for today. Axe Sharpening: You will get to where you want to be eventually over time, as long as you keep going and don't quit.~~Mike Trotter 1st Phorm Elite Trainer Happy Monday!!! Fitness quote for today: I am my problem but also my solution--Be More Do More.~~unknown Motivational quote for today: Today I am going to choose to be present and positive.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 15,107 steps yesterday. Please check my blog/journal later to see what I ended up getting in for a training session at home.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,038 Member
    Options
    Diane: I had a good.

It snowed here last night. About 4 inches and then it sleeted and rained. Later I will go out and get some shoveling done.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,649 Member
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 — I am sorry your mom tested positive for covid. I hope everyone in quarantine stays healthy!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -lol about staying up an hour longer! Very rarely am I guilty of staying up to finish an exciting part. We are warm-got ice and some snow so as of now he will be driving. I might go to Walmart with him later other I think I will have to do a Leslie video for steps.
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,093 Member
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 - I hope that your mom makes a full recovery, but it does sound like a tough road ahead. It's surprising some of the people who get COVID and do manage to recover when many think they won't.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Did you get your snow? We have at least a few inches we could spare from what we're getting here today. Or I'm sure Toronto and some of the other cities in that area would send you a pile! Our son couldn't get to work today if he tried - sent me a pic earlier today of a car (I think his upstairs neighbour's) buried under a huge pile of snow. He said he couldn't get out of his street - probably couldn't get out of the driveway first either - and two of the major city freeways he uses for his commute are closed. Meanwhile our daughter is out driving a city bus in the snow! She was able to get out. We've had about 8 inches last that hubby checked and it's still snowing so we'll see how much we have when it finally stops. Fortunately hubby and I can "work" from home too! LOL! Love the faces on the vehicles and the "snow cat". Just for you!
    ty8x35nvcwsx.png
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thanks for all your prayers and kind words. The unconditional support from all means the world to my family and I. You give me the strength to keep on going.

Mom update: She has still not been moved to pre ICU. We aren't sure if it is because she has stabilized for now or if they don't have room yet. As I said she has stabilized as of last update. She may have less oxygen not sure. Her INR is out of wack which does not surprise me but can affect her heart valve or can lead to serve bleeding depending on which way it's going. They are also having trouble getting her port in and working.

I am grateful that she has stabilized. I will take her other issues over her getting worse any day. I know the others are fixable. Today started out great. Studied and worked out. Also made several calls that needed to be done. One was to one of my Mom's best friends. She was somewhat surprised to hear about Mom. We had a really good chat as she is like a mother to me. She has struggled with her weight most of her life. But she is still aiming for that goal. She told me that Mom has been bragging about my weight loss journey. I was a little surprised as she is always telling me how I am doing something wrong.

Anyways I was learning about setting goals and instant gratification in my studies today. So while I was working out my mind decided to list some of my instant gratifications. The big one I felt today was feeling taller while stretching after my workout. What is your instant gratification?