• bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options

:( Absolute disaster
    1/3 passes
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,610 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 -thx for that important thought. Last night I had a short break that turned much longer. It was exactly what I needed-no binge eating and got the brain drain I needed.
    Exercise, tracking, calories yes
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise: 90 minute workout, mix of weights, rowing machine, walking, and swimming
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 pass days used ( )

I wish I had saved a thing I saw about how self care includes things like unsubscribing from email lists, putting your phone on do not disturbe, saying no to requests for volunteer work that you don´t have a passion for, etc. I think we forget how much of self care is related to setting boundaries and limits, not just finding relaxing or pleasant things to do.
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    ❌❌✅
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,728 Member
    Options
    I’m really loving everyone’s “self care” ideas.

@donna25trinity - would never have thought of house cleaning as self care but you’re right – I do feel better when I have made the effort. I hope you feel better now and managed that run!

@ideas2 mentioned setting boundaries and @Mrs_Hoffer mentioned saying “no” – I agree that it’s important to do this – it is a sort of respect for yourself.

Quite a few people included exercise/physical activity/ being outside as important – my bike rides are very important to me and I even go out in the rain (not for long!) to get that freedom.
  • lesdarts180
    Options
    There are so many successful today with three yeses:

Congratulations go to:

@SummerSkier, @jjjcat, @donna25trinity,
    @TerriRichardson112, @Slimpossible007, @WhatMeRunning,
    @mshawski, - keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    @biketheworld, @ForLangston, @victoriou55,
    @jamcnewman – wow, you are busy, and that pic of your “lapdog” made me laugh!
    @dsgoingtodoit, @BMcC9, @yrc_pr,
    @GrandmaJackie, @Mrs_Hoffer – getting better at saying “no” is a challenge for me too.
    @MadisonMolly2017, @slimtastesbetter, @LazyBlondeChef,
    @ashleycarole86, @Mama530, @Caroline_slowandsteady
    @DebyS137, @bookieNJ, @Geneveremfp,
    @ideas2,
  • lesdarts180
    Options
    @stella7x7 – good to see you back, and good progress – well done!

@tahm42 – disaster averted!
  • lesdarts180
    Options
    @snowshoe072 – I used to have days like that, so happy to be retired

@Arc2Arc – sorry to hear you are under doctor’s orders.
  • lesdarts180
    Options
    @taurie – we all struggle at times but you’re showing up and posting and exercising, you’ll soon be back on track.

@znaoiec, @enlightenme3 and @mmcram – tracking/logging can be a real challenge.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    mmcram wrote: »
    Friday was a fail. Second pass day. I need to count my calories BEFORE I eat.

@mmcram I would reframe your Friday from a “fail” to a “day where I discovered an invaluable tool to be successful”! Really.

We must be kind to ourselves as we figure all of this out💕💪🏻🎉
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    taurie wrote: »
    I posted here yesterday and it disappeared 🤷🏻‍♀️

Pass day - this is my 4th.

I’ve been struggling since Thanksgiving. Despite the food slip ups I’m still exercising daily.

Self care - I make working out a priority. I feel so much better when I workout. I also give myself pedicures regularly so I’m not embarrassed at yoga classes 😂

@taurie
    What seems to be at the heart of the slip-ups?

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    bookieNJ wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 -thx for that important thought. Last night I had a short break that turned much longer. It was exactly what I needed-no binge eating and got the brain drain I needed.
    Exercise, tracking, calories yes

@bookieNJ

Oh Wonderful!!!

I had always been someone who pushed & pushed & then ate out as a release, rest, reward etc.

It’s taken me a few years to turn that around.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    ideas2 wrote: »
    ✅ Exercise: 90 minute workout, mix of weights, rowing machine, walking, and swimming
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 pass days used ( )

I wish I had saved a thing I saw about how self care includes things like unsubscribing from email lists, putting your phone on do not disturbe, saying no to requests for volunteer work that you don´t have a passion for, etc. I think we forget how much of self care is related to setting boundaries and limits, not just finding relaxing or pleasant things to do.

@ideas2
    YES!
    I unsubscribe & block unwanted emails.

I leave my phone downstairs 2 hours before bedtime & enjoy time in the morning upstairs before picking it up again. This was Super Hard the first night back in July (?) & a super easy habit every other night!

Boundaries & thinking through how we want to spend our “one & precious life” will help us reach many goals, not just health!!
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    pass day
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,371 Member
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    pass day

Good to see you!
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Dec. 10

Exercise: 35 minutes stationary bike, 30 minutes elliptical, 50 minutes weight training, 55 minutes stretching and PT exercises

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under

Pass days used: 0
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅