fossil9078 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    OK ... I am SURE (cause I scrolled right from the top of pg 1!) that I haven't reported yet ...
    Dec 5
    Exercise o:) (finished up my exergame "tour" *aka opened up / developed everything there was to do* so starting a brand new "Right from the beginning with new character & name" tour.
    Logged o:) yup
    In goal o:) left all the minimal-earned exercise calories from a less active-than-lately day uneaten, but was right up near the brim of where I SHOULD be for calorie intake.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @Caroline_slowandsteady I don't know how people can burn 1000 calories of exercise either unless they're serious runners.

I also wonder about the burning of calories as reported by various fitness devices. I believe most people already realize that MFP has excessively high calorie burn rates. I find it odd that Apple shows way more burned calories on 20-30 min treadmill walk than an hour EPIC workout especially when my heart rate is sometimes higher with EPIC than the treadmill. It could be the program I'm using which is Functional Strength Training and how they calculate the active calories. I assume the non-active are just based on current weight listed in the Health app. Maybe I need to choose a different workout program to see how it compares. I'll experiment over the next couple of weeks.

Regardless, I'd much rather underreport than overreport.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @Caroline_slowandsteady I don't know how people can burn 1000 calories of exercise either unless they're serious runners.
    Pretty much that. Strength and Yoga routines have fairly low calories burns. You need a lot of cardio. It doesn't have to be running though, I was burning well over 1000/day over the summer with walking, but that was quite exceptional. I couldn't do that now as several routines have changed and I no longer have a 90 minute window in the morning plus another 90 minute window in the afternoon to spend walking.

As for accuracy of calorie burns, I can say that my weight loss was roughly as expected for my caloric deficits over that time. But I also only trust calorie burn estimates from cardio, and not so much from strength routines. I see some wild differences reported sometimes between one session and the next even if they were all the same weights/movements. For cardio I can expect a certain burn per mile.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    Sunday December 5
    Just realized now that this post is sitting in my “drafts”…. Oops — but thank goodness for the drafts function!

🌟 Tracking
    🌟 Calories
    🌟 Exercise - so much shoveling snow ❄️❄️❄️❄️ 45 minutes total over two sessions plus two shorter dog walk (total time 25 minutes).

Husband’s back is a disaster after the last blizzard (the issues didn’t show up until a week later) and is on day four of daily chiropractor appointments. He playing the first of three performances of The Messiah tonight, so we are trying to preserve his ability to work. He plays trumpet and the big showstopper (for us, anyway) is The Trumpet Shall Sound. The holiday season really starts for us when we hear it live. Thank goodness we can return to “safe” concert experiences this year. Tonight is the youth choir’s performance; tomorrow night is mine (the symphony’s Philharmonic Chorus).

https://youtu.be/_rQYv8EsGSQ

Julie
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the really thought provoking opening post @SummerSkier and for all the insights shared by the group. Still thinking all this through.

@Caroline_slowandsteady I have exactly the same experience with exercise in the really cold weather (-34 C with the windchill right now; -29 F)… I honesty don’t think it is just cravings or boredom — It takes so much energy just to keep warm. The effect is felt that day and if I deny feeding that hunger (filling instead herbal tea, warm water, etc.) I am in a days long feeling really chilled and cold (am experimenting with increasing healthy fats during these experiences) and very hungry.

Happy birthday to you @Slimpossible007 🥳

Hope you feel better soon @mrs_hoffer. Bronchitis is exhausting and it is really taking it out of you. 💛
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,857 Member
    Options
    12/05

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

Used 0 passes
    3 passes left

~~~~~~~~

December goals

- Miracle Morning daily.

- yoga and strength training at least 3x weekly (Strength training WILL happen this month)

- TRY having ZERO pass days

- No LNS daily, ONLY fruits

- Daily journaling
    These are my morning meditation sessions, Pete and Parker enjoy meditation too, lol
    wee443vve4ks.jpeg
  • Arc2Arc
    Arc2Arc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise - Skiing; Stairmaster
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    12/5/2021
    Exercise? No