Introductions

Options
Americanbabydoll
Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
edited December 2021 in Social Groups
Let's get to know each other.

I am a 38 year old mother of 3 (1 girl, 2 boys) and I work part-time at a desk job. I am 5'9". I have been part of MFP since January 2013. I don't remember for sure what I weighed then, but I think it was 253 lbs. I lost some and then quit trying. In May 2019 I weighed 276.8 lbs and decided to start trying MFP again. On November 4 2019 I weighed 243.6 lbs then I started gradually gaining, not sure what happened. I restarted logging & weighing this time on October 30 2021 weighing 258.6 lbs (3rd times the charm, right??).

Highest Weight (May 22 2019): 276.8 lbs
Starting Weight (Oct 30 2021): 258.6 lbs
Current - 248.8 lbs (12/10/21)
Amt Lost from 10/21: 9.8 lbs
Goal around 145 lbs

Edited to add: There is a group on here called Larger Losers for people with 75 pounds or more to lose. It is a great group and has some very encouraging people in it. Adding the link in case anyone is interested in joining there, too. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

Replies

• Americanbabydoll
    Options
    Hello out there.....?...... where is everyone?
  • mrsrichard48
    mrsrichard48 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you.
  • mrsrichard48
    mrsrichard48 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, I need you guys. I am 52yo and weigh about 255 but highest was 274. I'm about 5'2". So you can imagine how big I am. I am a pear shape and hate my body. I was diagnosed with diabetes this year and HTN about 12yrs ago. I think I have high cholesterol as well. So I take all these meds. Trying to eat like a diabetic has been hard. Good and bad days. Shortness of breath, pain in joints more laziness and tiredness than ever. Think it is my health that concerns me. I feel like it's hard to just wake up. I can tell how my bad choices in food effects me right away. When I eat healthy I have more energy. I know it's all in what goes in. I am more aware now than I ever was because I quit drinking alcohol which was a problem. Hence a lot of weight gain. But I was swimming a hour at least 4days a week and my body loved it. Do to new work hours I can't do it. But ever since my weight has remained the same but I have gained so many inches. I look like I gained twenty pounds but it's all from not swimming or exercising. That's why I've join myfitness for exercise and food as well as group help. Hope we all gain insight on each other for each other.
    Nice to meet you all.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Options
    @mrsrichard48 Nice to meet you, also.

I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic (Type 2) in October and that's what brought me back to MFP this time. I am not on medication for the pre-diabetes at this time, the Dr is giving me time to try to get the A1 C down on my own first. I now eat low carb (not necessarily Keto but less than 100 grams of carbs a day), cut out all soda and candy also. I am part of a low carb group on here that helped me understand low carb vs Keto and how they can affect blood sugar. Link to "Low Carber Daily Forum" https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum

I walk for my exercise, sometimes it's just walking in place while watching TV but every little bit counts.
  • dkr529
    dkr529 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I’m 40 years old, 5’ 7” and my starting-over weight is 230.6 lbs. I’ve been on MFP off and on since November 2011. I’ve definitely found that when I’m being conscientious about logging my food, water and workouts that I’m much more likely to live a healthier lifestyle. I will look to see how many calories I have left for the day to stay within my goal before deciding if I can afford another snack, or when I’m close to hitting my step count goal for the day it motivates me to get up and take a lap around the neighborhood before bed. So.. this time around I’m going to try to stick to these two mantras that I read somewhere that have really stuck with me…

If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up!“
    And
    Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Choose your hard!”

That is so true! And personally I’m so over the hard of being fat and all that comes with it. From getting winded walking across the parking lot, to having to unbutton my pants to put on shoes, to my knees or ankles almost giving way going down stairs, to never being comfortable, to never liking what I see in the mirror…. I’m over the hard that comes from being fat.
    Who is with me!?

If you want to friend me to share daily food dairies or fitness logs or whatnot to have an accountability buddy I’m open to that as well.

Starting weight: 230.6
    Current weight: 228.3
    Target weight: 135.0