Replies

• Ginharbe
    Ginharbe Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • Ginharbe
    Options
    @johnwayne1789 , congrats in having strength in gjoing back on track, and good luck to you

Go Texas!
  • hannahwinner20
    hannahwinner20 Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,371 Member
    Options
    welcome, @hannahwinner20 ! Jump right in and join us!
  • hannahwinner20
    Options
    Ah I'm late. Sorry about that other comment of mine- I'm new and idk how to delete it 👀. Anyway, My names Hannah. Nice to meet everyone, I'm 20yrs old and I'd like to lose some weight this year. I struggle with consistent cravings and snacking throughout the day. I'm currently on a good diet of some nice things, a new healthy lifestyle I want to adapt to.

I'm currently 240 and I've been this for about a whole year. I've been on and off of this weight, struggling to keep my head straight and I cant seem to ever get out of this range. My dream is to get into the Air Force and I will make it this year. It might take me awhile but I have faith God will help me every step of the way. And ofc this community. :) Everything else is dead.

In 2018 I felt depressed and started doing harmful things to myself for punishment. My mother would scold me about my weight ( I was 200 then ). I realized quick that I was going down that sick road of no return.

2020 came and I made a promise to myself, I wouldnt do those harmful things anymore and start over. I started over and over and over again, failing and not succeeding and eventually gaining weight. Everything I ate came from fast food and home cooked meals you couldnt waste.

2021 came along and my sisters moved out at 18 and my dad passed away from Covid.. He had faith in me and everytime I would come home from the gym, he was my support. I have no friends and I have no more support. Me and my mom have vowed to make things right this year.

As long as it takes- every step of the way- every obstacle we will face will not defeat us this year!

Guys, stay strong and steadfast in this journey. 💖✨ and Stay Safe. Always.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,371 Member
    Options
    @hannahwinner20 Show up. Start where you are. Do what you can. Report. Repeat.

Read Just the Opening of the Daily Threads so far. (lots of good basics ... if you see something of interest - skim through the rest of the day to see what others commented - expanded with)
    DO bring any questions - asks for suggestions with a particular roadblock etc to the "What's On Your Mind Today?" thread. We are here to help each other and provide encouragement.

Glad you found us!
  • Ginharbe
    Options
    @hannahwinner20
    Hello Dear, its Ok, listen,
    Big hugs to you, is going to be OK. Make a plan for your every day meals that will help, there is a lot of support in MFP and everyone will be more than happy to go alone wtih you. Every day is a good day, it needs to be, so I send you big hugs, we are all in this together <3
  • hannahwinner20
    Options
    @SummerSkier Thankyou! 😩 Do I post that stuff under here? I'm starting off on a 1,800 cal. diet and what do you mean by logging? I joined the myfitnesspal app 4 days ago. You mean logging as in putting in everything you eat etc?
  • hannahwinner20
    Options
    Thankyou @Ginharbe , I have been planning my breakfasts the night before so that's the start of things! I've been keeping my head on straight and focusing on other tasks besides food. I never thought food for Energy. I ate food mostly for stress and boredom; really bad habit I'm trying to break. 🙏💖 I hope the best for you aswell Gin.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,060 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @hannahwinner20
    Hi Hannah and welcome 🤗

People track in different ways (some use an app, some a paper tracker, etc), but I use the MyFitnessPal food tracker.

I found it really helpful to do the “MyFitnessPal 101” mini-course when I first started last August. It helped me learn how to use the tracker and much more.

I use the App on my phone always and am not sure if MFP on a computer desktop is the same.

You can find it if you go to any of the screens where you see HOME on the bottom left corner and “… MORE” on the bottom right.

Clip on MORE, choose PLANS, click on FREE, scroll down to MyFitnessPal 101 and select.

It covers:

zfj1p738fc8c.png
    epdlhtmokapn.png
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    @johnwayne1789 Welcome to the group. Like you, I was found to be near type 2 diabetes a few months ago and am focusing on reversing insulin resistance. I read a lot, and learned that the gut microbiome is very important for helping counteract insulin resistance. I especially have tried to get a lot of resistant starch (https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-important-role-resistant-starch-plays-in-weight-loss/) I encourage you to look into it if your gut microbiome is not something that has been on your radar.

I belong to a Facebook group that is also extremely supportive and has many diabetics and prediabetics trying to reverse the course of the illness. If you would like more info about that send me a message, as it is related to a shake product I use to get more resistant starch and I don´t want to be considered promoting a product here.
  • wendydpromos
    wendydpromos Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I figured out that I have two accounts going. One that I have for this community group - twdempsey and one that I am actually tracking my food in. I did one on my laptop from years ago and one on my phone recently. My food is logged under wendydpromos. Can someone switch my group name to wendydpromos for this challenge? Can I change my name on the spreadsheet? I find that so helpful, I'd really like to delete my extra account if possible. Thank you for your help! Wendy