January 13

Options
13»

Replies

• enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,497 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise - 1 hour of Jazzercise plus walk to and from hockey game
    ✅ Calories - It was close, but with exercise, I was under.
    ✅ Tracking -
    Closed all my Apple watch rings today

0 Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13

• seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    1/13/2022
    Exercise? No
    Tracking? Yes
    Calories? No
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    Super topic Chris - I find I do so much better when I prep some things so they are readily at hand. @WhatMeRunning

I hard-boil eggs every week to be sure I have them ready for use in salads, sandwiches, or on their own as a burst of protein.

I prep carrot sticks and celery sticks so that they are always ready and every few days use them up by cooking the carrots for dinner or using both in soup prep. That way, the raw veggies are always fresh.

I make a lot of soups in large batch cooking and always have a number of options in the freezer. Right now I have split pea and ham; Masala red lentil & barley soup; “creamy” vegetable chicken soup (like a chicken pot pie soup but made with low fat evaporated milk as it is stable freezes well); red lentil and spinach soup; and leek, potato, and carrot soup. Our daughter loves (and always has) my soups and takes numerous 2 cup Ziploc containers of it from my freezer back to her condo whenever she drives down for a visit.

I also large batch prep turkey chili, spaghetti sauce, a Mexican Chicken, Black Beans & Rice bowl, a takeoff on Starbuck’s sous vide egg bites, protein breakfast cookies, and banana bran buttermilk blueberry muffins. I also make healthy high fibre nut granola and have in a big jar on the counter and enjoy it measured out with Greek yogurt. Husband has it every morning as a topper on his cooked oatmeal.

All are at the ready in the freezer and brought up in time for mealtimes throughout the week. Everything is entered in the recipe builder so it makes it really easy to 1. Maximize the calorie and macro counts when I am cooking; 2. Track whenever we eat any of these items.

Everyone in the family eats and loves all of these — I don’t cook separately for myself.

So yes, food prep is key for my success!

Julie

WOW Julie!! @jamcnewman WOW! Fantastic prep!

I’m Going to have to “up” my game!!

LOL, right Maddie!? @MadisonMolly2017 I was thinking the same thing! I was even taking notes as I read through her post! :)
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,532 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes
    Tracking yea
    Calories went over by 100
    Pass days 3/3
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »

WOW Julie!! @jamcnewman WOW! Fantastic prep!

I’m Going to have to “up” my game!!

LOL, right Maddie!? @MadisonMolly2017 I was thinking the same thing! I was even taking notes as I read through her post! :)

You two are hilarious. 😂😂😂

@MadisonMolly2017 & @Mrs_Hoffer
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    Revlish wrote: »
    yes to all three.
    long walk and a HIIT work out today.

1/3 pass days for this month so far.

Trolling through your posts for recipes!

I've been working in more plant based foods, less animal products. I do really well with protein and moderate carbs though and it seems plant based foods tend to be more carb heavy. Do y'all count net carbs or all carbs? If I count all carbs and get enough protein, then plant based shoots my carbs way up. I haven't quite figured it out yet. But I'll keep at it. :)

Great question @Revlish
    When I was doing my "modified keto", I did my best to only get carbs from fruits/veggies. I used the net carbs number.

I began to switch from my 'modified' keto to a WFPB diet on Jan 1 and since then I've worked to cut out ALL processed foods and refined carbs from my diet.... so right now I'm not worrying about the number of carbs. I have my macros in MFP set at 80% carbs, 10% protein, and 10% fat.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    Yes x3. Yoga with Adrienne.
    My husband does the majority of the cooking. Sometimes he plans and preps ahead of time. Usually it’s deciding on supper the night before based on what we have on hand. He’s a meatatarian. Loves barbecuing and smoking all sorts of delicious meats so we are not so plant based here.

@loopydo2017 LOL. My hubby is a meatatarian as well..... since I've been working on my WFPB this month, he's finding that he's eating a lot of leftovers because I'm not eating the meat! (He does all the cooking!) So he's slowly learning not to cook as much meat!

When he's cooking "his" dinner, and it's just about finished, he's now starting to give me a shout out to come in and prepare my own dinner..... which is usually to heat up something I've made earlier in the day, or earlier in the week.... or a large salad. :lol:
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer I just though of something while reading your post…. It is rare for me/us to eat salad or cold food when it is so 🤬 cold outside here. Maybe that helps explain how much prep and soups I do (and I do much more of this prep in winter than spring or summer…). Just about all our vegetables are consumed in cooked form and all our meals are warm.

Like you, I do everything I can to avoid processed foods in our diet. I make most things from scratch. Except for pasta — that I buy.

Julie
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,771 Member
    Options
    ✔️✔️✔️
    1/3 pass days used
    65.7/2022 miles
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    @Mrs_Hoffer I just though of something while reading your post…. It is rare for me/us to eat salad or cold food when it is so 🤬 cold outside here. Maybe that helps explain how much prep and soups I do (and I do much more of this prep in winter than spring or summer…). Just about all our vegetables are consumed in cooked form and all our meals are warm.

Like you, I do everything I can to avoid processed foods in our diet. I make most things from scratch. Except for pasta — that I buy.

Julie

@jamcnewman Julie, yes.... I'm excited to be learning and thus beginning to make more soups. In past years I've never really messed too much with soup.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,838 Member
    Options
    1/13

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

Used #1 pass
    2 passes remain

January goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge
    6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Jan 13
    Another pass day - at 3
    Stress eating before the booster shot.
    Also my 9 year old daughter has been home from school for a very long time and is taking up learning to cook. She made cinnamon rolls (from a tube) and lasagna (from scratch) and was very proud of herself so of course I had to sample. She did a good job.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Revlish wrote: »
    I've been working in more plant based foods, less animal products. I do really well with protein and moderate carbs though and it seems plant based foods tend to be more carb heavy. Do y'all count net carbs or all carbs? If I count all carbs and get enough protein, then plant based shoots my carbs way up. I haven't quite figured it out yet. But I'll keep at it. :)
    You might check if it would help to balance things with fats like nuts, peanuts, seeds, avocados, etc in place of some other sources of fats (oils come to mind). Then look at the net carbs per plant based food (not necessarily per day) and see if there are any discoveries to make there, some have very high sugar to fiber ratios that can add up over the day
    If your protein is set at 20% or more you're going to need a non-plant based protein source to achieve that with any regularity.
    It takes time, keep at it. And don't be afraid to try again either.
  • taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    It’s been a few days since I’ve been able to post but I’m keeping on track.

✅✅✅

Only walked but I was quite achy so I couldn’t do much more.
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Jan 13, 3 no's today. I'm just catching up on last week before I log into work but will have to check out this interesting topic, ty @WhatMeRunning for another great opener!
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, long walk 2hr36min
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes, under but not by much
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yep

Going back and reflecting on how I did in January by backlogging these posts is really eye-opening... I can definitely see some trends. Plus it really inspiring to read the group posts and progress throughout the month!