Shape Shifters Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    @frankwbrown if you’re interested, Adriene just started another 30 day yoga journey called MOVE! I started doing that, although I don’t even attempt doing all 30 days consecutively. Day 1 was nice and didn’t seem too difficult, except for my postpartum abs. If you’re interested in switching to that 30 day challenge instead of the older one, we can share our experiences as we work through it? Realistically I’m aiming to complete it by maybe March, since doing it every day or even every other day might not be possible with a new baby.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »

@jessicakrall8
    I am glad you enjoy my pictures so much! I don't think they are bad either, I did keep them afterall, but they aren't something I would share on instagram. They don't really have a wow factor in my eyes. I will keep sharing pictures, even if I personally think they are 'just nice' :wink: It's great you are so excited for the New Year. I also like the idea of starting fresh, and to a small degree, I have that with this group every month as well. It is really nice to be able to say "okay, that is behind me now, let's go again!". What a lovely idea to go walk a 5k in your mothers honor. I am sure she would be proud of you too!

On the contrary, I think your photos show that you have a good eye for composition. IMO "Wow!" is overrated; your photos draw the viewer's eyes into the scene, that's uncommon.

@Pupowl I agree with Frank, your photos are amazing and really draw the viewer in! Keep them coming, I would love to see more from your adventures!

@CasandraW I’m with you on the squish! I don’t know you or your squishtory (ha!), but I recently gave birth after having a huge baby bump. I made it to 8th month with zero stretch marks, and even in the end I thought I didn’t get that many. Well, now my tummy is all stretch mark no skin, as the squish has been reducing from normal, healthy skin and only the stretched scar-type tissue is left. I’m honestly a little concerned for what will happen as I continue to lose weight. I hope yours starts toning up soon!
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    The squish can make sizing yourself so difficult, besides constantly shifting shape.. nothing just seems correct. Like I am a size large.. which at my weight seems incredible and I just don't understand. Even worse, I had to get medium size underwear, because my underwear was not staying up!! I don't understand how I can wear a size medium anything at 172 lbs (at 5'3"). I realize it has been 27 years since I weighed this and I don't really remember my size at the time, but sizing is a such an oddity. Am I more muscular now than I was as a kid? I have no idea. I know that can change weight/size ratio but I am not a lifter - I am a walker.

A friend on my thread said sizing weirdness was due to the squish and she compared it to dough, how when you push it in it goes in, but before you put your hand in it it seems fluffier? I can't wrap my head around it one bit! So freaky! I am wearing medium pants right now because my size large jogging pants were getting baggy and as I am from the South I know that means one thing - air conditioning!! Baggy clothes are much cooler, that is why desert people wear long sleeves and flowy gowns - you need the coverage but you need it baggy to stay cool. Since it is cold here right now, and I don't want air conditioning I got some size mediums that said they were warm (aka close to the skin)!! I mean, it is not near as cold as Northern places, but I was not about to walk in feels like 19 degree weather with baggy jogging pants freezing me out!!

@hipari I like your thinking about routines for the new year, very interesting.
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Yukie_OP * late check-in & weigh-in (Saturday) CW: 137 / PW: 137 @jessicakrall8
    12/24 - 7037
    12/25 - 2379
    12/26 - 10184
    12/27 - 3512
    12/28 - 3251
    12/29 - 4298
    12/30 - 3871
    12/31 -5086

• CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    @justanotherloser007 that description from your friend is perfect, it’s fluffy dough.
  • PamStellick
    PamStellick Posts: 33 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I'm a newbie to this site ....is this the correct way to share a post?
  • PamStellick
    Options
    Ok - I think I've finally got this 😉
    Username: Pamstellick
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 140lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 140lbs
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    Oh the squish!!! I have become so squishy. I while back I spoke about deciding to go ahead with skin removal surgery once I get to goal. My plan is to get there this year so I can start planning surgery for next year.

Seriously my squish is so much that there is zero firmness to my torso, it is completely malleable. I go down 2 sizes between pants that offer compression to hold it in vs regular pants.

I will keep on going, hope some squish goes away and make it to goal.

@CasandraW I've always wondered about the skin removal surgery process...if you have any knowledge on the subject, please share...my curiosity is peaked. I'm down 77 pounds with much further to go, but I'm wondering how "squishy" I'll be closer to goal...care to share?!

Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Yukie_OP wrote: »
    Yukie_OP * late check-in & weigh-in (Saturday) CW: 137 / PW: 137 @jessicakrall8
    12/24 - 7037
    12/25 - 2379
    12/26 - 10184
    12/27 - 3512
    12/28 - 3251
    12/29 - 4298
    12/30 - 3871
    12/31 - 5086

Hi @Yukie_OP and thanks for reporting in...been concerned about you! Your weigh day is Fridays, so please weigh in and report in again this Friday, but I'll ask the MODS to switch you from an NWI (no weigh in) to LWI (late weigh in).

Got your steps caught up and I saw your other posting and switched you to a 6500 daily goal.

Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Ok - I think I've finally got this 😉
    Username: Pamstellick
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 140lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 140lbs

Hi @PamStellick Hi! Glad you found us! Someone else reported in for you with 139.2 for this week, is that correct?
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo, I saw in Habit Tracker that you're doing a 30-day Yoga challenge.
    I attempted a similar challenge last January and lasted only about 4 days. Last month, I started doing morning (6am!) yoga and pilates at my gym four days a week. Seeing your Habit Tracker reminded me of the challenge I tried last January, and I'm thinking maybe I should give it another try.
    This is it: Welcome to BREATH - A 30 Day Yoga Journey | Yoga With Adriene
    Some people complained that she's too chatty, but that didn't bother me.

I found this just now -- Yoga With Kassandra, and I'm wondering if it might be more realistic, since it's ~10 minutes per day as opposed to ~30 minutes.
    Morning Yoga Challenge: 10 min of Morning Yoga for 30 DAYS! (DAY 0 MORNING YOGA MOVEMENT)

Are you doing one of these, or something else?

(Incidentally, I encourage anyone else to consider starting yoga. It is a great way to improve your balance and flexibility.)

Hi I'm doing the yoga with Andriene - I'm a little behind b/c my arms were sore from snowblowing my driveway on Sunday- my husband can't do it b/c of his port implant for his chemo was put in on New Year's Eve he starts chemo tomorrow
    So I plan doing Intro-Day 2 today then Day 3 & 4 tomorrow
    I'm also in a barre Challenge at the studio I go to - 22 classes in 31 days - 4 down so far
  • PamStellick
    Options
    Hi @jessicakrall8
    Yes, 139.2 lbs this week is right.
    Thanks for checking
    Pam
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Hi @jessicakrall8
    Yes, 139.2 lbs this week is right.
    Thanks for checking
    Pam

@PamStellick I try to follow up whenever possible. Make sure to find the friend request I sent you. If you ever need assistance, just shoot me a message and I'll do what I can to help. Also, if you ever get in a situation where you can't post, you can always send me a message with the info and I can update for you. No problem at all.

Glad you found your way to the page...most of us are still learning out way around all the pages, Groups, Discussions, etc...they just changed a lot of the setup a little over a month ago...so don't feel alone! It's been a bit of a pill, but slowly we're getting the hang of it!

Nice loss this week! Enjoy your day!
    Jessica :smile:
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 There are quite a few different types of skin removal depending on what you need and want. Here is a link I found helpful. I will likely need the Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty at a cost of $9,000-$15,000 . I might be able to get some insurance assistance but being in Canada it is unlikely.
    https://www.canadiansurgery.com/abdominoplasty
This discussion has been closed.