WaistAways Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,084 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    I'm so sorry! Please let me know if you want to go on support team for now - back when you're feeling better. I'll also send you a message. Hugs flying your way ---

Yes, I think I had better. I'm disappointed, that's for sure. I thought this might just be a day or two like it was for my husband when he had Covid, but it doesn't look like that'll be the case for me. Thank you!

Thank you to everyone for the well-wishes! I'll be back!

You know what? I think I'll just give you and EXC (excused) notation for the next 1 or 2 weeks, and that way you can let us know how it is going and get back to your Sunday weigh-ins as soon as possible. If it really takes more than that amount of time, it is always possible to move into the support team. Keep it positive! You come back when you can, drop by any time.
  • jugar
    Options
    Here comes the end of the week galloping along - are you ready??

Weigh-ins due Saturday:
    @kellie_erin
    @Nancy52781
    @veronica1359

Due through Friday:
    @alexpufhal
    @Kali225
    @Steph1498
    @happimess01
    @gak71
    @ellz_runs

Thanks!!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    First day of work for the year done! One day work weeks are the best... lol

We had a nice video chat with Brad's mom in Ontario tonight. Looking forward to the weekend... I know I was just away and "off" but I feel in need of some R&R. Just coming down from the season still I suppose!

1/6 exercise:
    112 minutes indoor cycling (this was broken down into two rides but definitely a new best on duration for me!) + 10 minutes yoga + 5345 steps
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    CW - 175 lbs
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    1/7 exercise:
    46 mins indoor cycling
    10 mins strength
    5028 steps

So, we are one week in to the new year. What's one thing in your plan that is going well, and one thing you want to re-evaluate?
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    1/7 exercise:
    46 mins indoor cycling
    10 mins strength
    5028 steps

So, we are one week in to the new year. What's one thing in your plan that is going well, and one thing you want to re-evaluate?

Nothing is going as I planned, it is too hard drink water, but I know it is necessary. I have to do at least 30 minutes of physical activities, the only one i do more than 30 min is with the mouth 🍽🍽
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    CW 255
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    CW: 189.6

I was down weigh more yesterday but TOM hit me last night coupled with a day of not awesome eating. But it's still a loss! Hopefully it starts a good trend for this year
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    1/7 steps: 4712

Yesterday was tough for me. Working from home is an adjustment and I don't have the gym on my way home now. I miss my gym friends and the atmosphere but it's difficult to justify the 30-45 minute drive there and back, especially in the cold with these road conditions. I'm going to make today better for the exercise to combat the SAD that's been hitting me
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    Week 2s Group Challenge is now posted and starts tomorrow, Sunday, Jan 9th. It's a creative one, with nutritional goals AND a contest! Hope you'll join me for the This or That Recipe Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10853286/january-week-2-group-challenge-this-or-that-recipe-challenge/p1?new=1
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    1/6: 40 minutes walking + 55 minutes weightlifting + 8714
    1/7: 20 minutes stairclimber + 6115
    1/8: 30 minutes step aerobics + 30 minutes elliptical + 8202
  • jugar
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Nothing is going as I planned, it is too hard drink water, but I know it is necessary. I have to do at least 30 minutes of physical activities, the only one i do more than 30 min is with the mouth 🍽🍽

How did you lose one kg? You really did! You are doing great! Even if your plan got a bit chaotic, something must be working. You don't "have to" do 30 minutes of physical activity. You have to do maybe 5 minutes. Commit to that. Getting started is always the hardest, but if you just say 5 minutes, no workout clothes needed, I'm going to move - get a short routine you know you can do no matter what, and start there. Once the routine is in place, it is easier to get more elaborate later. There are also some great videos to follow along, that can make it fun.

What is too hard about drinking water? What do you drink?
    1/7 steps: 4712

Yesterday was tough for me. Working from home is an adjustment and I don't have the gym on my way home now. I miss my gym friends and the atmosphere but it's difficult to justify the 30-45 minute drive there and back, especially in the cold with these road conditions. I'm going to make today better for the exercise to combat the SAD that's been hitting me

Missing the gym is annoying. But not driving in bad conditions is pretty good, eh? Videos. There are some really fun ones. Go for it! Getting some of the endorphin effect from exercise makes SAD ever so much better. And some good lights - my sister @EvMakesChanges might have some good ideas about that. They can really help. Hugs to you :heart:
  • jugar
    Options

So far, exercise is going well, although I did not get out for a snowshoe or walk today. I have stuck to the strength program I committed to for 30 days - day 8 done today, and it is starting to feel better. Playing music every day is the thing I am slacking on, weirdly enough. I am so used to having upcoming concerts, recordings, etc. to work on that just playing to keep it up is hard to get excited about. I'm kind of doing it, but not enough. Need to find a better routine around that. It isn't food or fitness-related, but it is a big part of what keeps me going. This pandemic has blown all the ensemble possibilities away, and I am not doing well adapting to that...
  • jugar
    Options
    LAST CALL!

Get these final weigh-ins done by 8 am Eastern US/Can tomorrow morning!

@alexpufhal
    @Kali225
    @Steph1498
    @ellz_runs

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.