Steps

Sunday 2nd - 6047
    Monday 3rd - 13338
    Tuesday 4th - 7534
    Wednesday 5th - 12209
    Thursday 6th - 5124
    Friday 7th - 5771
    Saturday 8th - 10417

We had snow and ice on Thursday/Friday, plus I didn't make my run Friday evening as the plasterers were finishing up and OH wasn't guaranteed to be home in time for them needing to leave.

I'm helping out at the vaccine centre this afternoon, and though I've spent a few hours cleaning this morning my steps are still very low, so I'll try to get a walk in this evening.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,083 Member
    Options
    Wonderful week 1, team!

We had good, reasonable losses, a total of 25.3 pounds for the team. Great job! Other teams may have topped us on the leaderboard, but I think our losses are sustainable and won't lead to big bounce-backs. That is always a danger when diving in too enthusiastically and losing a ton in one week. So congratulations! The announcements will be posted in a bit. Be sure to follow the link to see the full results page - @minstrelofsarcasm always posts all kinds of great information and you can see how we stack up with other teams.

Let's aim for another 20 pounds this week. We can do it even if a few people have a small gain - 20 pounds is less than 1 pound per person, so go for it! Green is the colour of the week!

I'd love to hear people's Tiny Triumphs this week. What did you stop eating instead of mindlessly munching? What did you say no to? Did you get off the couch and do a few minutes of exercise when you did NOT want to? Did you dig in to a big plate of veggies instead of a burger?

I had one yesterday, which is my free eating day. Usually I really go for it, but I left the last 2 pieces of Christmas bread (cardamom coffee ring, full of butter and...) in the freezer. I'll probably drag them out on another free day, but this week they are safe from harm.

Try to post one every day. Impress your teammates!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    ... So, we are one week in to the new year. What's one thing in your plan that is going well, and one thing you want to re-evaluate?

I exercised a lot M-F of this week and felt great. I was trying to alternate running and biking. Just a little of each I said to myself and then once I was started I tried to enjoy myself more than just go through the motions. I want to reevaluate my consumption of carbs and intermittent fasting. I played with both last year a little and I like not eating in the morning and lesser carbs make me feel less heavy. If I would be consistent about my food tracking it would be better for me in both these areas.

@conleywoods :) 8-10 inches of snow is more than I have ever seen. :)
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,239 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

The first week of the year is in the bag! Congrats to all of our members for bringing our average weight lost this week to over a pound per person! Find all of our weekly results in the link below...

Here's a sneak peek into how your team did...

7e72mkqnvvpk.png
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86
    Could you please remove me from the step challenge for the time being? Our house has been rocked with Covid and I’m not sure when I’ll be able to get back to any sort of exercise. Thank you!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    1/8 exercise: 51 minutes Peloton, 7163 steps

Especially for those new to the step team, just a reminder that I'm looking for any outstanding steps for Jan 2-8 for my week 1 report.

I'll check in with more specific reminders a bit later today :)
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 412 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Nothing is going as I planned, it is too hard drink water, but I know it is necessary. I have to do at least 30 minutes of physical activities, the only one i do more than 30 min is with the mouth 🍽🍽

How did you lose one kg? You really did! You are doing great! Even if your plan got a bit chaotic, something must be working. You don't "have to" do 30 minutes of physical activity. You have to do maybe 5 minutes. Commit to that. Getting started is always the hardest, but if you just say 5 minutes, no workout clothes needed, I'm going to move - get a short routine you know you can do no matter what, and start there. Once the routine is in place, it is easier to get more elaborate later. There are also some great videos to follow along, that can make it fun.

What is too hard about drinking water? What do you drink?

@jugar
    I planned more than 30 minutes, I am lazy but in week 2 I will do better, except today I dont do nothing, ate bread and not drunk..Yes, I drink only water, but less than 2l. I lose one Kg because I ate less than usual and did intermittent fasting (16h/18h without food)

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,083 Member
    Options
    Sunday people you are killing it! Amazing beautiful losses happening! Two more to come in -
    @twdempsey
    @graceojo999

Sorry I always forget to post reminders for you beforehand! I get carried away worrying about the tallies and anyone still needing to post to end off the week. Beginning the week is always getting away from me - but you all rock!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 Here are my step and exercise stats for the last 7 days:

2nd Jan - 2887
    3rd Jan - 5810 / 48 mins HR12W2.0 Day 1 - Upper Body Push
    4th Jan - 2670 / 44 mins HR12W2.0 Day 2 - Abs and Glutes
    5th Jan - 8140
    6th Jan - 4002 / 44mins HR12W2.0 Day 3 - Upper Body Pull
    7th Jan - 4982 / 43mins HR12W2.0 Day 4 - Unilateral Legs
    8th Jan - 5683 /49 mins HR12W2.0 Day 5 - HIIT, Cardio and Core
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed @KellyBgetsfit ladies, I want to be YOU when I grow up! Such dedication to exercise. Love it!
This discussion has been closed.