Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
Happy New Year!

Let's make this year a great one!

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! Here's to health and happiness!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Family has all left town. I fasted when I could. I am pretty sure I have gained at least 5 pounds of water weight just from all the salty snacks. :/
    I go back to school for professional development Tuesday, then kids come back Wednesday.
    I hope everyone is having a good start to the year! Does anyone have any resolutions?
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Weighed in today for the first time in months. Time to stop the BS and lose this weight.

My goals are to eat clean and go to the gym a few times a week. 1400 calories a day and an 8 hour eating window. 100 or less grams of carbs per day...

I am off today and tomorrow back to work. Sigh... :)
  • Twistarella
    Twistarella Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi !
    I am new both to the website and to this group. I am a dedicated IFer. <3
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Welcome @twistarella we are so happy you have joined us! :)

Day one back on the wagon went well. I made my calorie goal. :) Regarding the goal of getting to the gym a few times a week - that one is on hold until the Covid-19 infection rate gets lower in my area. Sigh...

Hope everybody is good and has a good Tuesday. Take care.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning,

Happy Wednesday. Hope your week is going well. Busy but good here. Been meeting my daily calorie goal and eating clean.

It was an icy hot mess trying to get to work today. But, I really can't complain. Grateful to have a job and to be healthy.

See you soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    **Sigh** :o

Meghan & Kate! You two ROCK!!

Stumbling back here after quite a hiatus… most of which was because I needed a mental break! My dog’s health really took a toll on me last summer and I just felt I was mentally trying to do too much. Always the mom trying to do everything then feeling under appreciated blah blah!!

Quick update:
    After spending $$$ on the dog, we still have no conclusion to her disability, however, she is mobile because she is on medication. Today she enjoyed her short walk!
    Me: I’ve successfully regained my weight-loss…. so much so, that I cannot fit into my expensive (& beautiful) winter coat I bought 2 years ago! :'( So, I’m back and super motivated again. Started logging today! I plan on a traditional 5:2 with lower carb meals, plus adding a fasting time of 16:8 or 18:6. I’ll use my Zero app to help with timings.

So, congratulations meghan & kate for keeping the home fires burning!! So encouraging!! :*<3
  • Meghan509
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen!!!!! <3

Welcome back! We have missed you! Ugh, so sorry about the dog. Pets are like family. So hard. Sending you hugs. Hope she stays steady and feels good day to day.

I am sort of in restart mode myself. My size 8 jeans are screaming at me at the moment. Time to dig out the 10's and 12's. The last year and few months have been rough. We took two trips in late November / early December and have definitely put on some pounds as a result of eating crappy food and living out of a suit case. Don't get me wrong, grateful that we were able to travel, had nice weather, and had two great visits with family. But my eating and drinking choices were very poor.

Hopped on the scale this past Monday and have been eating well and feeling pretty good. Until this morning... Walked outside to leave for work and slipped on my front steps. It wasn't ice, it was mold that with a little moisture from the rain and cold had turned the steps in to a skating rink. Fell and landed with a step to my lower back. Can't say this in a nice way, but I pretty much feel like crap at the moment. Popping Aleeve and Tylenol since I am planning to not start eating until lunch time. Sigh..... Emailed the landlord today and she has some one coming on Saturday to power wash the deck and steps. Tomorrow we are getting snow. UGH.

Sorry to leave on a low note. I hope you guys have a good day and a healthy one! -Meg
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning.

Happy Friday - AKA Fri-yay! :D

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. We are in the midst of quite a snow event here in southern New England. Probably a good four to six inches on the ground here! Nice to be working from home and gazing out my window at it. :) Supposed to stop by mid day. The sun is already out. So pretty.

Don't know if I lost weight today, because I didn't weigh in. Feeling so swollen and sore from my fall yesterday that I just wasn't up to it. Sitting here now with a heating pad on my back while I work. Feels pretty nice.

Have a nice weekend and see you all soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Wait! What day is it? Where am I? Who am I?! LOL! This week got away from me. Sorry! Glad to see some other folks posting! I will catch up later. Just so you all know I didn't fall down a well. :D
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Hello!
    I’m doing well… 3 days of logging and I’m remembering how tedious it can be but also how important it is for me to visually see when & what I’m eating. I’ve used my app for fasting times and all three days I’ve done a 17:7 eating window even though I’m set up for 16:8… something about one extra hour convinces me I’m doing a good job.

Sipping a dargeeling tea while I am on my phone right now… helps to curb my appetite before I make dinner! Meals have been good and quite low carb which I’m wanting. I’m forgetting that MFP doesn’t show the Net Carbs!!!! Unless you go premium I suspect! :/

So sorry to hear about your fall Meghan!! Hopefully your building maintenance people are on top of that now!! Glad to know you’re still able to work from home too! Happy to read you’re able to do some traveling too! Ahh to travel again!! Some day…!

Kate you sound as busy as ever but I’m glad to know you’re checking in and have kept Meghan company!! Any word on Orlcam?

Well 3 days in and I decided to weigh myself!! Stupid idea really, if I can’t get my nice winter coat zipped up, I’m too big! But I did it…. I’m up… way up!! Coming in at 169.8!! At 5’6” that’s still a good deal heavier than I should be!!! So I’m truly motivated….
    ~Staring at my coat all weekend~
    :s
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Twistarella Welcome to the group! Please tell us more about yourself!

@mamainthekitchen Welcome back! Glad your dog is at least well enough to get out and about. Ours is 15 this month and has started to slow down a little recently. It is hard. You lost the weight once, you can do it again. :) Here's to that coat fitting nicely again! PS No word from Orlcam. He hasn't checked into the community in a very long time.

@Meghan509 Sorry about the fall! I hope you are feeling better! Hopefully you can rest up over the weekend.

Weight is slowly coming down from my Christmas high. I have gotten a few good fasts in. I need to work on getting rid of the caffeine in diet soda form. Also, hormones have me retaining some water still. This week will be back to modified ADF so I can fit comfortably in my fat girl pants and make it to my goal by the end of summer.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome back <3
    LOL on the fat girl pants!!! You did fantastic on your ADF system and you sound very motivated so I’m sure you’ll be back in the swing of things very soon!

Meghan I hope you back is feeling better and you’re enjoying the weekend!

I actually logged a walk with my dog today! Haven’t logged walking in so long!! It’s slushy out and did slip, but rain will wash it away this week!! Doing well with NO alcohol too!! Not sure how long that’s gonna last but just don’t t feel like it so I’m rolling with it!

Enjoy the weekend people!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Thank you for the kind words. My back is feeling a little better. My main issue with pain is coming from my left kidney (back) area. Seems that when the step hit me in the back it hit me right in my kidney. No, I am not urinating blood or anything but I feel a fair amount of pain if I move a certain way. Like bending down to put on undergarments, pants, socks, slippers, ugh... Have to use my knees vs. my back so I don't have shooting pains. Last night was the first night I didn't take an Advil PM and I did okay.
    Going to keep taking my pain relievers and hope it gets better. I have a work deadline today so I can't call my physician, who I haven't been to in ages... And waste a whole day in a Doctor office somewhere. :( I also don't want to go to a "walk in" clinic because they are overwhelmed with Covid. Sigh...

Planning to eat clean today and stick with my WOE and drinking my water. Very cold out there today. No plans to go anywhere and afraid of slipping again. Sigh... Tomorrow I will head back in to work.

Have a good day and see you guys soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Day 7 for me back at this today and 6 of those were awesome! :# Yesterday was a wonderful ‘feast day’ complete with all the trimmings which I logged and of course had those overages… but i enjoyed it and I think I like having one day a week, Sunday being a good choice, to indulge… after all life is to be enjoyed!

Today I will also enjoy… being mindful about starting back walking on my own! Its one thing to walk with my dog, slowly, round the block but getting out on my own walking further & faster is what really sheds the pounds for me! It’s going to be pouring all day and all week but I have “the gear”! Food wise, I’m going to be low carb and fast mostly 17:7 with 5:2 plans. My husband, for the first time EVER has told me he plans on a 24hr fast this week. I’m going to politely suggest watching the Moseley video, if I can find it! He doesn’t really like listening to me ramble on about ways of eating, but when he mentioned HIS plan he made it sound like it was his idea! Men.. ;)

Meghan you sound more injured than just a slip & fall! Glad you’re mindful of your symptoms… take care!! :*
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Just popping in for a minute to say hello! I did a 21 hour fast yesterday, then had dinner, and just finished a 16 hour fast. I will eat whatever I want the rest of the day and then repeat the same. I feel much better than I have been, except for a headache, which is probably a combination of hormones, weather, fasting, and a lack of caffeine.
    @mamainthekitchen Way to go with the good days and the walking. I need to get back to walking too. Thanks for the inspiration!
    @Meghan509 I hope the pain goes away! That sounds awful!
    I hope everyone is doing well! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Hope everybody is having a good day.

I can say that as of yesterday and even more today that I am feeling better! There is less pain in my back / left kidney area. Putting on pants is still not great, but it is getting there. Patience. I did not sleep so great unfortunately but it is not because of my fall. Just restless. Tonight will be better since I am more tired. LOL

WOE has been good. Still no real exercise happening here. Today it is a whopping 17 degrees F, so outdoor walking is definitely not happening! Still not setting foot anywhere near the gym until the Covid infection rates are lower. We are coming in at around 25% which is VERY high for us. Sigh... Yes, I am fully vaccinated and boosted but I still would rather not have to deal with getting sick, if at all possible. Later this month I will be traveling down to Miami, FL for a work meeting. Knocking on wood that it goes off without any issues...

Feeling motivated after reading your posts, @mamainthekitchen and @KateNkognito :smiley:

I am no longer doing Keto. I stopped in the early summer of last year. I do think it is a good WOE but it is not sustainable long term for me. I also had a lot of female issues while on it. Will spare you the details. ;) So less carbs, or 100g are lower are what I am aiming for. I am in no way submitting a diary with perfect macros, but that's okay. Focusing on calories first for the most part and listening to my body. Right now I am feeling good and satisfied with what I am eating.

I am also doing some light fasting. I drink coffee with 2% milk and monk fruit sweetener, otherwise no food unless it is1:00pm to 9:00pm, give or take. I may experiment down the road with some smaller eating windows, assuming I am not physically in the office. My coworker who I love, diligently comes down to eat lunch every day between 12:30pm and 1:00pm if she and I are both in. LOL

Okay, been trying to hit Post Reply now for 30 minutes. LOL See you all soon. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!!

Crazy day here. Been trying to write a post now for a good hour. LOL

Anyway, just a real quick hello and to let you know my back / left kidney area is continuing to feel better. We noticed last night that the bruise in the middle of back has gone down and everything is slowly starting to heal. Phew.

Have a good day and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Tried to get into the chat earlier, but it wasn't working. :/
    @Meghan509 Glad you are healing! Also glad that you are finding a new way of eating that will work better for you. I have never had much luck with keto, though I know people that swear by it. It is one of the fantastic things about fasting, you can make it work for you, whatever that may look like. :)
    Off to do some laundry. Again. I hope everyone has a good end of the week! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Still feeling better! Phew. Today is one week since I took the fall. Definitely much better now than a week ago. Sigh...

Yes, I am enjoying my way of eating. I like my healthy carbs. Each night we have lentils, brown rice, barley, farro, etc. with our dinner. Tonight we are having some chicken with some leftover broccoli and some sort of healthy carb. I also do overnight oats made with almond milk, for a late breakfast or as a snack in the afternoon. Feeling a little hungry this AM so having a cup of coffee. Hopefully that helps take the edge off until lunch.

Weekend on the mind here! Nothing really planned due to Covid rates still being high and snow on the way Sunday / Monday. Monday (Martin Luther King Day) is unfortunately not a holiday at my office but the good news is I am working from home that day.

Have a good one and see you soon.