FEBRUARY 2022 CHALLENGES -- Feb 01 -- Feb 28

Options

Replies

• KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Morning workout at PF - Treadmill 60 minutes. Went to a water aerobics class with my bff this evening. It was aqua Zumba, so much fun and a really awesome 55 minute workout. Over 14,000 steps today and 4,000 was during that class. I can’t wait to go back!

Kathy
  • dkr529
    dkr529 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    KAR1959 wrote: »
    Morning workout at PF - Treadmill 60 minutes. Went to a water aerobics class with my bff this evening. It was aqua Zumba, so much fun and a really awesome 55 minute workout. Over 14,000 steps today and 4,000 was during that class. I can’t wait to go back!
    Kathy

Kathy, that sounds like lots of fun. Nice job!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,692 Member
    Options
    KAR1959 wrote: »

Kathy

Kathy,

Aqua Zumba? Sounds like you're following in the footsteps of our fearless leader!

The flowers are so beautiful. Ron seems so very special. <3

Best wishes,
    paula
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Upper body/abs workout and 40 minutes on the treadmill.

Yes ladies I enjoyed being in the water last night. And the really good thing no one can see you messing up the routine. 🤣

Great to hear from you Paula. Hope you’re well. I have a follow up with the oral surgeon on Friday and things seem to be much better. Going with some friends tonight to celebrate a birthday. It will be good to have some girl talk with a couple of adult beverages.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,359 Member
    Options
    Kathy, I'm not sure I remember what adult beverages are... :o
    60 min workout w/my trainer.
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    Options
    cpanus wrote: »
    Kathy, I'm not sure I remember what adult beverages are... :o
    60 min workout w/my trainer.
    Chris

🤣🤣🤣
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    I bought a month yoga pass at our local yoga studio. Take a beginner class on Monday and a candlelight yoga call on Wednesday (doesn't that sound relaxing?) $40 for a new student pass...I'm in!

I've been under a ton of pressure lately....need some calm...

Karen
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Rest day. Mom had two MRIs today. Couldn’t make it to PF.

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,878 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone. Kathy fingers crossed for you. Mouth pain is the worst. And Zumba in water? Fantastic exercise melt.

Chris how is that adorable little man?

Karen you will love your classes.

Paula any street dancing coming up?

Donna I am sorry I have been absent and missed getting to know you better. Work has been crazy.

It took our entire crew to safely clear the court house tonight after the judges ruling. I hate when adults use children as pawns. They suffer the most. 😣

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Donna and Paula, what are you guys doing these days?
    Karen, hope you like yoga. I have too many joint issues to do it. Not bendy enough!!
    Kathy, how is your mom doing?
    Good job, Shelley. Grown ups can be really stupid at times.
    Got 5.72 miles done in 98 mins.
    Re-watching Reacher!! :D
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Very early morning workout as I missed yesterday. Lower body/abs - 40 minutes and Treadmill - 60 minutes.

My youngest sister is coming to stay with our parents this weekend giving me a much needed break. Going to spend it with my sweetie. He has dinner out and music of some type planned for Friday. Not sure about Saturday probably a quiet day binge watching something. So looking forward to this time for myself.

I should have updates on my parents next week as they both should have the latest MRI results.

Have a great weekend ladies! I plan to myself! 😊

Kathy
  • dkr529
    Options
    @cpanus and @zumbaforever
    Thanks for checking on me! I’m a zombie at the moment. I woke up yesterday morning at 4:30am for my normal morning workout routine, and I haven’t been to sleep yet. Yes you read that right.. I said YESTERDAY morning. Lol. I had a work project with a deadline and I worked on it straight through the night and finished it at 5:15am this morning… and then had to get ready and be back in the office by 8am. So I’ve been up for about 41-42 hours now and I’m too old for that. :smile:

The good news is that I lost weight this week which I’m super happy about. I’ll post my weekly accountability stats tomorrow. For now.. I’m off to bed! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Donna
  • cpanus
    Options
    Wow, Donna, I can't even remember when I was last up 41-42 hours straight...oh, wait a minute...maybe it was right after I got home with a new baby!! Thirty two years ago, maybe...bwahahahaha! You are a brave woman!
    Got 60 mins w/my trainer done this morning then went to Walnut Creek w/Patrick to an doc's appt he had. Good thing my trainer had all my peppermint stashed in a secret place and gave me one of the bags to take on the drive. Motion sickness nails me on long drives w/Patrick. Peppermint is my cure for it.
    Okay, now I'm gonna read.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy If you like real suspense filled show watch a fall from grace. Let me know how you like it and enjoy your sisters company.

Night all, stayed up to late

Shelley
  • dkr529
    Options
    Now that I'm plenty caught up on sleep... as promised.. here is my mid-month progress update:

Height: 5’ 7.5” / Age: 40
    Starting-over weight (1/1/22): 230.6 lbs (BMI: 35.6)
    Current weight: (2/18/22) 216.4 lbs (BMI: 33.4)
    Overall Loss = 14.2 lbs
    • January - ending weight 222 lbs (-8.6 lbs for the month), BMI: 34.3
    • Week #5 - 1/29/22-2/04/22: ending weight 219.8 (-10.8 lbs total / -2.2 lbs for the week), BMI: 33.9
    • Week #6 - 2/05/22-2/11/22: ending weight 220.0 (-10.6 lbs total / +0.2 lbs for the week), BMI: 33.9
    • Week #7 - 2/12/22-2/18/22: ending weight 216.4 (-14.2 lbs total / -3.6 lbs for the week), BMI: 33.4
    - Overweight BMI range 25.0-29.9 (162-194 lbs): lose 22.4 more lbs
    - Healthy BMI range 18.5-24.9 (120-161 lbs): lose 55.4 more lbs
    - Goal: BMI: 23.1, 150 lbs: lose 66.4 more lbs

So far so good.. I'm trending in the right direction! I went to the gym 5 days this week. I stayed within my calorie goals all 7 days this week, and I drank a little more water than normal (I still need to work on this one).

Keep up the good work, everyone!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Okay, these last few weeks have not been my best. New leaf turned this morning. Cannot believe I let it get that much outta control...sigh.
    7.72 miles in 168 mins. The first 1.75 miles w/Pat and Bean...slowly. Then I went exploring thru the weeds and mustard flowers.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Donna keep at it. Goals are great.

Chris glad to see you are still walking Bean. Need a new photo of him. Control is fickle. You got this.

Had a nasty migraine most of the day. Still did I cm Weights with my friend. No jumping. Bought a set of 8 pound dumbbells last night. They were really perfect for long sets. I am using the 8, 10 & 12 pound ones for now. My friend is just starting out. She is using the 5, 6 & 7 pound ones.

Today she said the 5 pound ones were for babies. She is moving up. :) Went out to Fire Rock for dinner. Had fish. Then rested some more.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Chris - I'm with you....2022 so far hasn't been my best.

I shared a little bit before, but my Bella has some pretty significant mental health issues. We are trying to figure out if she needs to go on a day program or potentially for some inpatient treatment.Of course this is rocking our world. Hanging in there day-by-day. But hoping to have a plan soon. She's essentially refused to go to school which makes it all lovely :)

One bit of good news is that our basement floor is being painted tomorrow. We opted for an epoxy floor instead of any carpeting due to all the flooding that we've had. The last step will be for the stairs to be stained. Then we can move our fitness equipment down to the basement instead of having them stored in the garage. Really looking forward to having our fitness knock back.

Karen
  • KAR1959
    Options
    My sisters stayed with my parents this weekend so I was able to hang with Ron. Friday night we went to Agave an eclectic Southwestern restaurant and had drinks and appetizers before we went to a mini concert at a place called Trolley Barn. It’s a part of Fever Candlelight: The Jazz Experience. The entire venue is bathed In candle light and wonderful music. A wonderful date night with great ambiance. I needed this so much. Then Saturday we vegged at his house and binged watched Reacher…the entire first season. Best weekend in a very long time. I’ll post a couple of pictures.

Donna great job! Keep it up.

Chris keep up the amazing steps and the rest will follow.

Karen I hope Bella feels better very soon. Good luck with your fitness basement.

Shelley you’re influencing me to buy a few sets of heavier weights.

Kathy
    ivaj0r8kqpgb.jpeg
    y3nqdytujo59.jpeg
    z5pxud4cgbja.jpeg
  • cpanus
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Kathy, sounds so romantic!! You two are beautiful! Re-watched Reacher this weekend... :D
    Karen, I hope you find what Bella needs. Sending good thoughts for you and your family.
    Shelley, so sorry about the headache. I really hated those. Menopause changed them a lot for me.
    Donna, you are doing great! I'm getting back to it.
    I got 7.35 miles done in 154 mins. The first 3 miles w/Pat and Bean then off by myself for the rest.
    Chris