Starting weight: 8/26/21 - 214 lbs
    9/30/21 - 204.6 lbs
    10/31/21 - 194.0 lbs
    11/30/21 - 185.8 lbs
    12/31/21 - 179.4 lbs
    1/31/22 - 176.2 lbs

February 2022 Goals: Get down to 170 or lower
    Overall Goal: 150 lbs or lower

Not a bad weight to end the week with at all! On Sunday I was 174.2. So lost 4 pounds this week!

In August, when I started my journey, I wore a size 22w jeans. I had bought a pair of size 14 jeans back in October. And used them as my barometer for my weight. I couldn't barely get them up over my hips back then. I would try them on every so often. In December, I was able to not only get them over my hips, I was able to zip and button them. But they were so tight and uncomfortable. Throughout January I would try them on, still tight. Cue to a couple of days ago...they fit perfect! I bought them at a thrift store because I didn't want to spend a ton of money in case I never got down to that size! Time to go back and find a pair of size 10s!

Have a wonderful Saturday!

That is amazing progress, well done!
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    No exercise again today. I decided to do a little spring cleaning. After moving a couple of small pieces of furniture and doing a little cleaning I started to feel lightheaded and dizzy. Took a rest, drank some water and tried to do a bit more. Started to feel worse, ended up feeling absolutely awful, typical low blood sugar symptoms that I’ve experienced before. So I had to stop and I’ve decided I won’t try exercising today. I’m sitting here still feeling the symptoms.

I have a horrible feeling that being active and full on carnivore doesn’t work for me. I already know I need a small amount of carbs in my diet and am now wondering if increasing my activity this week is increasing the need. I know I had such problems in the past with it and wonder if this is the final piece of the puzzle. I felt great while I was doing absolutely no activity each day and now am starting to feel bad again. Going back to a standard diet or even general low carb is not an option, too many veggies that will upset me, so it will be a matter of testing things out and maybe just being more animal based again.

I shall see how things go the rest of the week. I could let this get me down but actually I’m feeling good, I feel like I’m finally getting the answers I’ve needed all along. I may have to choose between full carnivore and exercise but that’s a decision I can make as I have the information and tools now to do what I need to do without it ending up in going back to old habits and losing the progress I’ve made.

I've been following your journey while modding the Carnivore group. I hope this is the missing piece so you can finally get this last little bit figured out so you can feel good all the time. :heart:

Thanks, it’s been a real rollercoaster ride but I’ve come out of it with such amazing health improvements it’s been worth it! Each step has led to longer lasting good effects and taught me which foods really harm me.

I think I’m really at the end of the discovery part of the journey now, I’m either going to stay full carnivore and ease up on the physical activity or I’m going to step back to more animal based and get the exercise back for good. Whichever one I choose I know this is now something I can do for the rest of my life. I’ve been debating with myself all afternoon about whether even thinking of giving up full carnivore means failing but decided that whichever path I end up on is fine, it just has to be the one that makes me feel the healthiest both physically and mentally.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling mentally and physically ... I am in so much pain with my hips and foot along with migraines almost daily .... I am really missing my walks with my daughter and husky ... I feel like the walls are closing in on me ... life is not being kind of as late.... I hope everyone else is doing good

I'm so sorry you feel so bad. I hope things start looking up for you soon! Hugs!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling mentally and physically ... I am in so much pain with my hips and foot along with migraines almost daily .... I am really missing my walks with my daughter and husky ... I feel like the walls are closing in on me ... life is not being kind of as late.... I hope everyone else is doing good

I'm so sorry you feel so bad. I hope things start looking up for you soon! Hugs!

Thank you so much ... I greatly appreciate your comment.. I too hope things will turn around for me soon too ...I can't take much more of this ...my Dr's are dumbfounded just like me ...hugs back
  • melmerritt33
    Options

I am so sorry, I know what it’s like to be in pain every day and unable to go out. Focus on self care as much as you can, anything that makes you feel good. For me it’s things like having a bath, reading a book, watching a favourite film.

Remember that it will pass and try to keep eating the right things for your body, that will help a lot, I know that every time I went off plan with my food my pain and exhaustion got so much worse.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    2022 ~ Feb 6 ~ 172.6 lbs

9/30/21 - 204.6 lbs
    10/31/21 - 194.0 lbs
    11/30/21 - 185.8 lbs
    12/31/21 - 179.4 lbs
    1/31/22 - 176.2 lbs

Aaand we are back up again! Well, like @baconslave always says...keep calm and keto on! I will break 170 before the end of the month!!

Have a great Sunday guys!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    2/4-2/5
    Scale is coming down in tenths of a pound. I’ve watched portions and gone protein heavy the last couple of days so will keep trying that strategy and see where it lands me. This cold weather has me stir crazy so I’m getting out today come hell or high water!
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Highest Weight 05/22/19: 276.8
    Starting Weight 10/31/21: 258.6

Feb Weight 2/1/22: 234.8
    End of Feb Goal 2/28/22: 230.0
    2/6: 232.8

Finally back to the low weight I saw on Jan 24th. Hopefully I keep seeing more losses now. I managed to not get discouraged and stayed on track even though the scale wasn't showing it.

Goals for each day:
    Steps: 2,831
    Cals: 1,092
    Carbs: 59g
    Water: 169.0
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options

I am so sorry, I know what it’s like to be in pain every day and unable to go out. Focus on self care as much as you can, anything that makes you feel good. For me it’s things like having a bath, reading a book, watching a favourite film.

Remember that it will pass and try to keep eating the right things for your body, that will help a lot, I know that every time I went off plan with my food my pain and exhaustion got so much worse.

Thank you so much .... it is killing me not being able to get outside and walk with my daughter and husky ...yes I know that this will pass but it seems like forever ... still waiting an MRI on my foot and I get my results on my hips lower back soon
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options

Thank you so much .... it is killing me not being able to get outside and walk with my daughter and husky ...yes I know that this will pass but it seems like forever ... still waiting an MRI on my foot and I get my results on my hips lower back soon

giphy.gif
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    I did better yesterday. Yay me! Hopefully that will get the scale moving better, if I keep up better habits.
  • melmerritt33
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Sigh, I think I have to give up on my idea of going back to my old exercise routine. I’ve still been having low energy issues today after yesterday’s crash. I’ve stuffed myself today to the point where at dinner time I actually didn’t want to eat but made myself eat some ground beef and butter. It’s helped a little but I’m not back where I was.

So, after yet another discussion session with my boyfriend and myself (an ongoing thing since I restarted carnivore that seems never ending!) I’ve decided to lower my expectations and stick to gentle exercise instead. I’ll still try adding some weight and strength training once my thumb is fully healed but based on the activity I did yesterday and my reaction to it I think that doing my old high intensity intervals mixed with weight training is something my body just can’t cope with now.

I could try going more animal based again but I just re-read through my list of things that have resolved on my five months of carnivore and I’m wondering why risk undoing all that.

Maybe I can stick where I am. A less energetic life where I feel good rather than trying to get my old life back.

I’m going to look up some options of what to do if I do have this again now I’m trying to be more active. It will help if I have a plan and know what to do.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    2022 ~ Feb 7 ~ 173 lbs

9/30/21 - 204.6 lbs
    10/31/21 - 194.0 lbs
    11/30/21 - 185.8 lbs
    12/31/21 - 179.4 lbs
    1/31/22 - 176.2 lbs

Le sigh.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Highest Weight 05/22/19: 276.8
    Starting Weight 10/31/21: 258.6

Feb Weight 2/1/22: 234.8
    End of Feb Goal 2/28/22: 230.0
    2/7: 232.8

Goals for each day:
    Steps: 2,077
    Cals: 1,142
    Carbs: 52g
    Water: 169.0
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    2/6 was a good day resulting in another small drop on the scale. I’ve taken to adding protein powder to coffee in the afternoon which curbs cravings until dinner. In the last two weeks I’ve gone up nearly 6 pounds and dropped about 4 so this crazy journey really is a marathon versus a sprint.

@melmerritt33 - have you looked into carb cycling before exercising? If there are some carbs you can tolerate, maybe that would provide the added fuel you need. What about trying lower impact activities like walking and yoga? I’m by no means an expert- just spit balling here.
  • melmerritt33
    Options
    Did 25 minutes on the exercise bike after work. Slow pace and steady, enough to make me out of breath but not really going for it and pushing myself. No low blood sugar crash. So gentle exercise seems like it’s going to be OK. It’s not as much fun as a really energetic workout but I guess still good for my health and better than nothing!

I suppose I have to accept that my health problems over the last ten years have taken their toll and I am never going to get back what I had. That doesn’t mean I can’t still be relatively fit and healthy. I’ve already got my health back thanks to the carnivore diet so just need to get my fitness up whilst accepting that there are going to be limits to what I can do. Considering I was unable to walk without a walking stick until recently I should be happy to just be able to do any kind of exercise.

I know that I’ve had problems when I took out all dairy and was therefore practically zero carb. I felt a lot better when I added some dairy back in that has a little carbs. So I’m thinking one option might be to reintroduce milk again. I had a problem with it last time as it triggered my congestion issue but I was eating a lot of cheese then so perhaps if I cut down on the cheese a little milk will help. I also might find that I tolerate goats milk better. So that’s a potential option too. It’s certainly better than trying the animal based diet which includes sweet and savoury fruits which could potentially be an issue for me.
  • melmerritt33
    edited February 2022
    Options
    taylok23 wrote: »
    2/6 was a good day resulting in another small drop on the scale. I’ve taken to adding protein powder to coffee in the afternoon which curbs cravings until dinner. In the last two weeks I’ve gone up nearly 6 pounds and dropped about 4 so this crazy journey really is a marathon versus a sprint.

@melmerritt33 - have you looked into carb cycling before exercising? If there are some carbs you can tolerate, maybe that would provide the added fuel you need. What about trying lower impact activities like walking and yoga? I’m by no means an expert- just spit balling here.

Thanks @taylok23 that’s actually really helpful. Today’s activity went well, it was a lot lower intensity. So yes, perhaps something like yoga would give me the benefits and feel fun without stressing my body out. I do tolerate the small amount of carbs in dairy, I actually seem to benefit from them, so that might help me. I can always look at something like honey if I keep having problems as that doesn’t aggravate my IBS.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    2022 ~ Feb 8 ~ 171.2 lbs

9/30/21 - 204.6 lbs
    10/31/21 - 194.0 lbs
    11/30/21 - 185.8 lbs
    12/31/21 - 179.4 lbs
    1/31/22 - 176.2 lbs

• tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    For 2/4-7/22
    SW 170
    CW 170
    GW 167

Daily plank challenge ✔❌❌✔
    80 oz water daily ✔✔✔✔
    Under 60 carbs daily❌✔✔✔
    Movement ❌❌✔✔
    Meal prep-❌❌❌❌

Went to a wake Friday night. They invited us to join them for dinner after. I didn't think I at poorly but Saturday was a complete couch potato day with some joint pain mixed in. Sunday spin class in the morning and bowling after dinner. Double workout yesterday with strength at lunch and indoor bike before dinner. Today is a rest day except for the planks.

All the stuff I meal prepped last week is now gone so I need to get cooking.