Waistaways Team Chat - February 2022

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday @Terytha ... have a fantastic birthday celebration!

@micki48 Yes, I don't envy you at all. Moving is so much work and your hands are full already. Remind me when move date is again?

2/18 exercise:

31 minutes Peloton, 30 minutes total body strength, 7203 steps

Today my Mom is coming over and I'm going to work on my taxes and we'll watch a Netflix movie together. We are also going to look for a road bike for me (!) and get ice cream with our trailer neighbors who recently got news that the husband's cancer is in remission. Outdoor time too since it's the one nice day before the cold is back!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @jugar can I skip this week's weigh in? It has been a week...sick kids, snowstorm, then I got sick. I will weigh in on Wed...and it probably won't be pretty. 🙄
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Happy BD Amber - @veronica1359 has the right idea - let's all go to Alberta and crash the party. Some of us are already nearby, right?? @Terytha be sure to let us know if you survive the party :lol:

@ells_bellz Great week! You are having quite a successful month so far - 8.7 pounds gone. Keep it up! @veronica1359 and @Pearl4686 too - looking good :smiley:

@micki48 I am certainly thinking of you, sending strength and calm vibes. You're getting there - the worst will be over soon, and then you can lie in the hammock or on the couch and read for a while. "Done for the day" will have a whole new meaning!

Big snowshoe plans for today - lots of the lovely white stuff falling... I'll be back later!
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    PW: ???
    CW: 185.9

I saw a slightly lower number earlier in the week, but still pleased with this loss!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    Week 4's Group Challenge starts tomorrow. Hope to see you all there this week as we "Bust a Move"!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10856921/february-week-4-group-challenge-bust-a-move#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    PW 237.6
    CW 237.6

Amazingly I have stayed the same. Not eating great this week but finally feeling better and getting some full nights of sleep. I need to get back to tracking and get in some better nutrition.

Happy birthday to @bowens1973 and @Terytha! Hope you each have or had a great celebration!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    CW: 161.5
    We are visiting Strasbourg this weekend.A lovely city in the north of France and It’s great to travel again. Somehow I haven’t eaten much here but enjoyed the wine.
    Happy Sunday to everyone!

• jugar
    Options
    Team - you are fabulous. No reminders needed to wrap up Week 3! In that case, I can actually post one for our diligent Sunday people, who usually do just fine without me pestering them....

@YinxFed
    @wendydpromos
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @deniners2
    @Terytha

Tally ho!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @veronica1359 OK - you officially win for the most creative birthday message!

@jugar Hoping the snowshoeing was lovely. I don't think we are getting ours out this weekend unfortunately - hoping for next weekend!

This weekend has been a bit of ups and downs. I've been moody. Luckily I have a patient husband, but it's been a bit of a downer to have the negative moments that didn't need to be there.

In any event, we had a nice time with Mom over this morning... Brad made us a lovely crepe brunch while her and I watched a movie on Netflix. Brad and I also enjoyed a movie too, plus an ice cream visit with friends. When we got home, I had a great strength training session. I'm doing a 4 week guided program through the Peloton platform that I'm quite enjoying. I think my muscles are too! There is a second program to start after I'm done this one... so lots of good strength sessions to come.

Self-improvement is a funny thing. I am quite full of things I'd like to work on - perfectionist people pleasing behavior, sensitivity, all things that weight loss does not fix!! And things I think I often used food to cope with before.

I didn't get to ride the bike today so I'll definitely be hopping on there tomorrow. I miss it when I don't, but it's good to switch things up and do other things.
  • jugar
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 Sorry you've been feeling moody and negative. Once my doctor told me that men get to be like that any time they want, and I laughed so hard it kicked me right out of there :smiley: Enjoy the chance to think about what you are NOT liking, and see what you can fix and what you can just have a good rant about. A good rant, with no one doing anything but applauding when you really nail it, can make it a lot easier to get up and keep going. We used to have family Ranting Olympics every now and again, complete with score cards, medals, and the whole bit. Then we'd all have a good laugh and get on with whatever it was we had to do but didn't want to. I'll bet Brad would totally get into the spirit of the thing!

OK, enough blather - here are my exercise stats for week 3:
    Sunday - 15,174 + 80 min. snowshoe
    Monday - 11,712 + 15 Pilates, 45 bike
    Tuesday - 10,471 + 30 Pilates, 45 bike
    Wednesday - 10,272 + 15 Pilates, 45 bike
    Thursday - 12,685 + 30 Pilates, 45 bike
    Friday - 8320 + 30 Pilates + griping about the freezing rain all day
    Saturday - 14,293 + 45 bike, 90 snowshoe

I have been doing more strength workouts along with the Pilates, but not counting them - they don't add much as a step equivalent, but they sure feel good!
  • jugar
    Options
    I just finished the tallies - WaistAways are #3! Not as many pounds gone as last week, but we still did all right. Spoiler alert - our top 3 losers!

@Pearl4686
    @ells_bellz
    @Terytha

All three of you have had lots of struggles, and are turning things around! Well, maybe Amber needs a week to get over her birthday bash :blush: but it is great to see the 3 of you on the board. Hats off!!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    Steps
    Sun 10,159
    Mon 14,396
    Tues 10,966
    Wed 13,176
    Thurs 15,415
    Fri 3,412
    Sat 5,894

I think I worked out earlier in the week...but I didn't log it so who knows.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    @ashleycarole I am all about self improvement. Weight loss does not fix all things, but I do think everything we do to lose weight (if we are doing it in a healthy way) does help with self improvement. When I workout and eat healthy, I feel better. I am less moody, more patient, and more confident. But, we are also human and can have a bad day/weekend. It happens.
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My wife and I joined the gym yesterday and it felt really good to get a cardio workout! We’re preparing for a hiking trip so we set the treadmills on max incline and start walking! We walked a high bridge to prepare for a trip last year but I can already tell the treadmills will have us better prepared for the steep inclines this year. Have a great Sunday!!
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    PW 148.5
    CW 147.5

🙂 That’s a bit surprising because I was 148.5-149 all week, and I decided I was eating what I wanted to yesterday.

Today I’m going to try my 10k walk for the 1st time in a long time because the temperature is reasonable, & I’m getting tired of biking. 🤪
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @jugar You are truly an exercise inspiration! Loved the griping about the freezing rain comment. I think Brad has already awarded me gold in the rant Olympics.. ;) thank you for the chuckles as always

@KellyBgetsfit Very excellent point - as grumpy as I have felt the last few days, there is nothing about throwing in the towel on my food or exercise that would make it better (even if my brain tries to tell me that sometimes). I had a great strength session last night and I came out of it feeling much better. It is so true that looking after ourselves helps our mental health but when bad days happen it's hard to stay motivated. Luckily I am having a reasonable time reminding my brain not to self-sabotage in those moments.

@gak71 Super fun about the gym and the start of your training. How long do you have until you travel again - I've forgotten when the trip is.

@deniners2 You've been on a roll lately, keep it up!

Congrats to our leaderboard folks for week 3 and to everyone who met their personal goals. Week 4 is on and @jugar has challenged our average loss at 1 pound for the week, so I'll be busy working for my contribution :)

Enjoy the Sunday... tons of snow coming down here so I'll be off to shovel soon!

2/19 exercise:
    9138 steps + 30 minutes strength
  • jugar
    Options
    deniners2 wrote: »
    PW 148.5
    CW 147.5

🙂 That’s a bit surprising because I was 148.5-149 all week, and I decided I was eating what I wanted to yesterday.

Today I’m going to try my 10k walk for the 1st time in a long time because the temperature is reasonable, & I’m getting tired of biking. 🤪

Congratulations! You are the first person with 4 weeks in the green for February! You have lost 6.5 pounds this month, and had a loss every week. Our week 4 is off to a great start - thanks!

Have a fantastic 10k walk. Enjoy the views, the weather, and the strides. :heart:
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in:

PW - 187.5
    CW - 188.3

Sorry!
This discussion has been closed.