Waistaways Team Chat - February 2022

Options

Replies

• BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I forgot to look at my distant after both workouts. I do have the times for both.

2/22 65 minutes Treadmill + 5 minutes Abs

2/23 35 Minutes Treadmill + 5 minutes Abs

Will remember distance for next post 😊
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    AshenMoon wrote: »
    No change in my weight this week unfortunately!

Ohh @AshenMoon to be you... I think I'm up around 4lbs or so this week.

CW 195.6

Next week the pendulum will hopefully have swung back a bit. I felt a lot of relief that many team members also experienced the same so my guilt is fading. I do want to renew my dedication to portion control. I can eat ALL the things, just not ALL THE TIME. I get ONE piece of something, not all-you-can-eat buffet sized portions.
    I'm going to get back to my printed calendar habit trackers taped to the wall and get back to workouts. I have been doing my physio and it's amazing how exhausting it can be to balance on your weak leg. I have seen improvement and I have found my inspiration for this push to exercise before boating season. I have another inspiration bathing suit I want and am not allowed to buy until I make it past 185. I've also signed up for another hockey team for the summer that will expect me to be a better player than my current fitness level so I gotta do this to not let them down as well.

Hope everyone else has a good week. Thinking of you all
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    CW: 143.8
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Took my rambling food obsessed butt to the bike right after work and got my sweat on..was definitely nice to be joined by the two ladies for the same class. One of them said they were doing it instead of happy hour - a fun swap!

See... I'm just more relaxed because my favorite eating window is about to kick off :)

My weight was very stable this month but I seem to be on the move now. Confident I'll get you that 1 pound in week 4 you were searching for @jugar ;)

See everyone tomorrow. Good call on looking to bring back the habit trackers @PlaneMonkey .. that sort of thing is motivating for me too!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Oh dang! I should have read some of these messages before eating, not after... That horrible voice! The one that just wants more! Arrrrrgh! Sometimes I am very good at producing a loud voice that states, with relief and firm resolve, that the meal is over. That I will not eat again until the next one, and the struggle over ending the meal is done. Other times, that one gets drowned out by the brat who just does not like to stop. It looks like we all have that voice, and all the tricks to make it shut up are needed! Pre-logging (and pride in sticking to it) sometimes works well, putting away the food so no seconds are available, not buying the snacky stuff to begin with, etc. etc. I'm sure we all have a repertoire of helpful ideas, and then just have to commit to the good results we can get when we stick to it.

I love your skit there, @ashleycarole86 - as you say, sometimes we just have to step outside of ourselves and see how completely ridiculous it is. Laugh a bit, and roll on.

It looks like you are doing well keeping the brat under control @metaphysicalstudio - well done! Down just over a pound this week.

We've got this - even during tough days or weeks. Thursday - a good time for a perfect day. Log it and do it!
  • jugar
    Options
    Weigh-in update:

@Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Waifer003
    @MoStacy
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @eggfreak
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86

That will get us through Thursday - thanks!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I had a busy but productive day at home. My daughter had a little burst of energy in the morning but then the covid fatigue hit. I had gotten backed up on my masters program with everyone being sick so I scheduled my final exam to put some pressure on myself to buckle down and study. Passed the test 🙌 Moving on to the second course. I rewarded myself with some sewing time, which was really just cutting and prepping. Tomorrow I will sew the new leopard print guinea pig cage liners together.

Since yesterday was 2-22-22 one of my favorite ballet subscription sites had a "tutu" sale. I signed up and did my first workout since becoming sick. Felt hard but good. She has a lot of free stuff on YouTube if anyone is interested https://m.youtube.com/c/everydayballet/videos

Food has been good. I have been having some of the daily harvest oatmeals or smoothies for breakfast. They are really filling but have more calories than I usually have for breakfast. They have lots of fiber so I am definitely staying full and eating less at lunch. @ashleycarole86 I really struggle with hunger during the 10 days before my period. It is so hard when you have that nagging gotta eat feeling. Glad you got to work out during the hungry time of the day.

@micki48 Thinking of you 💓 That's a lot to manage right now but wow! You got this.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Those have to be the most-spoilt guinea pigs in the world @conleywoods and well done on passing your test!

I have the food-voice too. I can handle it until I stop tracking and then everything is fair game. I feel like stricter routines help because your body and mind get used to when they eat, when they sleep, when it's time to work out etc. I will have to be quite strict with my own routines for meal times and sleep going forward or I'll be all over the place trying to fit around OH's variable shift pattern.

I'm a little sad, because I think my favourite duck down at the pond may have passed away. Nobody has seen him since the bad weather at the weekend, the wharf flooded (they have an island in the middle we think was fully submerged) and we don't believe he can fly, so the consensus is he may have been resting on land where a predator could get him. I know he wasn't my pet or anything, but he had such character, and being almost twice the size of the others (and white), he really stood out.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW 160.9

I am ready to turn the page to March!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    2/23 exercise:
    4492 steps + 30 minutes strength + 37 minutes Peloton

Today is one of those busy days! We were up late last night watching a movie (King Richard) so I didn't have the energy to get exercising before work. Took my dog to daycare before work started since it's been too cold for her to be outside and I wanted her to have a fun day, so that also impacted my ability to exercise before work. At lunch I have to take my Mom for a doctor's appointment which will be longer than my break so the work day will go late. Then we drive into Calgary to pick up my new gravel bike (EEE!!) and have sushi. By the time we get home it'll be after 8 and that'll be the earliest I will have time to think about my exercise. I am determined to get it in!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @DD265 so sorry about your duck! Even if it's not an official pet, we still get attached! We have a mink that comes around every winter and if I don't see her for a few weeks, I worry as well! Hopefully he turns up. What did you call him? Did he have a name?
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    2/24

30 minutes Dancing

15 minutes Bike

11 minutes Jump Rope

10 minutes Alternating Front Kicks

5 minute Abs

Didn’t go on treadmill today. Not sure if this information can be converted to steps, posted incase.

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey I called him Ronnie - somebody else called her Jemima Puddle Duck, and somebody else called it Quackers. Nobody actually knows whether it is/was male or female, and it's funny how we all choose different names. Somebody said they saw him yesterday, but there's a smaller white duck and I think they saw that one. I hope you're right and he is back home soon.
  • jugar
    Options
    BlissfulK wrote: »
    30 minutes Dancing
    15 minutes Bike
    11 minutes Jump Rope
    10 minutes Alternating Front Kicks
    5 minute Abs

Didn’t go on treadmill today. Not sure if this information can be converted to steps, posted in case.

This sounds like a really fun workout - although I'm not a huge fan of jumping rope... I am sure there is a way to count this as circuit training or general calisthenics - Ashley will have a way, I'll bet.
  • ells_bellz
    ells_bellz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone!

I am still here :smiley:
    Sorry I am not posting much. I am so stressed out.
    I did get a job cleaning the high school, yey! but I did not realise that I will have to work for two months before I get paid for the first month! Because the job is not contracted but relief I work for the first month, give my hours that I worked at the end of that month to be paid on the 30th of the next month ...
    So until that job settles and I'll get my first paycheck, I do have to continue to work in the hotel. Because I work in that school, my hours in hotel are shortened, so even though I start my work day at 9am and don't get home until 10pm five times a weekmI still have to live on £50 a week :neutral: With gas and electric prices going up, our water bill tomorrow, council tax etc my savings are gone and I have to use credit card :neutral: Oh how I cannot wait until 30 March until next payday :heart:

In the meantime I do and try to eat healthy. I am always in and out and more often than not it is quick snack or sandwich, sadly.

I don't have much hope for my weigh in tomorrow.

I hope everyone is well :smiley:
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @BlissfulK got it!! I will always find a way ;)
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @ells_bellz Wow, that's a long time to have to wait for your pay. Your days sound exhausting right now. Thanks for still finding a way to share some of your time with us!
This discussion has been closed.