Waistaways Team Chat - February 2022

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Hang in there @ells_bellz - that sounds like a rough month ahead. I hope you can find a few minutes from time to time for you! April is going to feel like a breeze.
  • jugar
    Options
    Friday people! It is time for numbers :smiley:

@Steph1498
    @Pearl4686
    @Micki48
    @EvMakesChanges
    @conleywoods
    @bonnie_red
    @ells_bellz
    @happimess01 (maintenance weigh-in)

And there are still some gaps from today and earlier:
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Waifer003
    @MoStacy
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @evangsimmons170
    @mmarceau2

As always, the good, the bad, the frustrating, and the surprising numbers are all good - they don't always feel good, but they let us know where things are so we know when to keep going and when to try something different. Let me know if you really need the week off, though. If you're sick, need a break, etc. it is always possible. :heart:
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Evening! I followed through on my plan to ride tonight despite my busy day. My legs were pretty sore from some strength work I did yesterday, but I got it done. The sushi dinner in Calgary was nice too. I felt great about my choices - sushi has the potential to become a runaway but I ordered simply and didn't overdo it.

I have my new bike safely tucked in the basement ready for some serious riding come spring. The Peloton training has been a blast and it will be great to see how it translates back to riding outdoors.

Friday already tomorrow... these weeks are FLYING by! The weather seems to be improving so I'm hoping to get my step count outdoors up again for this weekend but I have another busy one.

See you all tomorrow!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I had hockey tonight for the first time since before Christmas. We were short on players tonight so I got a lot of ice time but I coasted around the ice more than skated hard so my Garmin says I didn't even burn 500 calories. Ohh well. I'm sure there will be more shovelling tomorrow to burn some more!

@ells_bellz I hope you have a step counter for that cleaning job! And make sure you occasionally switch which arm holds the spray bottle and which one wipes the desks or you will end up with one Popeye sized forearm compared to the other! I found cleaning highschools to be so satisfying because you had your section, you worked alone mostly, you could listen to your music and the visual progress when the cleaning is done was the icing on the cake. Sucks about having to wait so long for the pay though... Yuck.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Good Friday morning everyone!
    CW: 162.0

Otherwise - updates for this week.
    I was also in the office more instead of working from home which meant I did less exercise overall and ate more. That lead to me feeling more stressed and yucky overall.

I went swimming at a local indoor pool and LOVED it. A friend invited me last minute for a lap workout and I forgot how peaceful it is. Really allows you to focus on breath and form. I don't know how long or how many laps I swam or how many calories I burned - which was nice not to tally or compete about fitness with myself. After the laps we also went down the slides for a great laugh!

Looking forward to March and some spring sun and flowering trees!
    https://katekizi.wordpress.com/2017/04/10/luxembourg-in-blossom/ vvf2oyakrp99.png
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    A bit yo-yo at the moment. Trying to find my more consistent zone.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    CW 148.8
    PW 148.6

Sorry for the delay, again. I have been so sick and not sleeping. When I don't workout, I don't sleep. Then, I don't handle stress well. I think it is why I have been sick for so long. I finally got a workout in yesterday. I slept like a rock, but woke up with a pounding headache. I took some motrin, I am drinking my coffee and plan on working out in a few minutes. I did make it to Costco yesterday, and got lots of healthy food. I am ready to crush March!!! Sorry, I am behind on everyone's posts but I am excited to catch up and here what is happening in everyone's lives.

@jugar obviously this is my last Feb weigh, but does that mean it is my starting weigh in for March? You would think after 2 years I would know the answer to that!
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar obviously this is my last Feb weigh, but does that mean it is my starting weigh in for March? You would think after 2 years I would know the answer to that!

Yes indeed! The final weights each month are then copied in as the starting weights for the next. The only good thing about having a gain in the final week of a month is that your next 1st week usually looks brilliant!

I have the same sleep thing - no exercise=crappy sleep, usually anyhow. Being sick certainly does not help - I'm glad you're starting to feel better and can get back to some more lifting yourself and things up!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    2/24 exercise:
    47 minutes Peloton + 6325 steps
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Cutest piggies ever! Lucky little guys are so fashionable!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Wow @conleywoods that's some talented decorating... what a lovely home for the guinea pigs. Your goals for the week sound great. Good to hear there is some positive change coming for your husband.
  • MoStacy
    MoStacy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    PW: 207.5 lb
    CW: 207.5 lb
  • jugar
    Options
    Wow. Snowshoeing HEAVEN here today! It has been snowing all day, and I am one happy tramper. I'm feeling a lot better now than I was yesterday :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    tfjfomelexw5.png

Time to set up your March 2022 Habit Tracker!
    Now is the time to think ahead about the next month. What habits do you need to put into place to take you one step at a time, one day at a time, towards your goals? The Fat2Fit habit tracker is simple to use - just enter up to 5 habits, and check them off every day you do them. The green check marks are mighty nice! It helps to have a graphic reminder of how you are doing, and how you will get to your goals if you keep it up.

Go to https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10857488/fat2fit-habit-tracker-march-2022#latest

Follow the simple instructions and set it up! Be ready to start earning green check marks on Sunday :smiley:
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    CW - 171 lbs
  • jugar
    Options
    Let's get ready for this week to come to a close - lots of weigh-ins due by the end of the day Saturday!
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Waifer003
    @evangsimmons170
    @mmarceau2
    @Micki48
    @EvMakesChanges
    @bonnie_red
    @ells_bellz
    @kellie_erin
    @veronica1359
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to pop in to say that the stomach flu and all its side effects, including a pulled muscle in my low back (!), is finally moving out. I am hoping to be able to exercise tomorrow and rejoin my life again. Looking forward to catching up on everyone's news!

Jenn
This discussion has been closed.