Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Steps

2/23 - 8801
    2/24 - 8340
  • KittyLady2
    KittyLady2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    As I was really sick for nearly a month, I didn't pay attention to what I was eating, I put back on some of the weight I had lost in January. This doesn't discourage me to give up, but to continue pushing forward.

Next month is a new beginning and plan to be more proactive in what I eat and my daily exercise I don't want to just lose weight, but I want to get in shape too.

I'm starting to get back to doing cardio workouts several times a week, will look at YouTube for different types of workout videos and find what works best for me and what I enjoy. Because, I not only want to lose weight, but I like to get in shape also.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 2/23
    Step count 12,962

My best day so far!

@Morethanjustanumber Great job with your steps!!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 223.4
    CW: 218.4

Having a hard time with consistency and maintaining motivation. On track for a few days, then totally off the rails. Still working at it though.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @peng123, @lindamtuck2018 am having a a DEXA scan. It is the same test that is used to check bone densities. My local hospital will check bone densities but not body composition so I drive an hour to another hospital that will do one for $50.00 at their women’s center

. I am running Mike Matthews “Thinner, Leaner, Stronger” which is more of a hypertrophy program than strength focused. It has options to run it 3, 4 or 5 days. Whenever I would run Stronglifts( strength focused) tended to do all 5 lifts of 5 sets each on the same day, 4 days a week. Which is wrong and doesn’t give most people enough recovery. Plus Stronglifts is only meant to be a short term program.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    02/24
    50 minutes strength training moderate
    20 minutes stationary bike 2.1 miles

Windchill is in the single digits and snowing here. Really wanted to stay home today but went to the rec center anyway. On a happy note(to me). Have weighed 135.5 pounds for 2 days. So close to goal!
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,794 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams I asked my doctor to order a body composition scan for me but he didn't have a clue. He figured the regular dexa bone density scan would get me the numbers I needed.... blarg!!! nope so wasted time and money until I found a fitness/ nutrition rehab that would do it... I am even getting a RMR (resting metabolic rate) and dexa body composition scan. I can then use those numbers make my plan for the rest of my weight loss journey.

NSV's all over the place today!!! Yesterday I used my lifting belt to do deadlifts and the padding actually met!!! I usually had a gap of 3-4 inches!!! This morning I decided to try on bathing suits because I will be heading to Florida in 3 weeks... All of the suits that were too small for me last season actually fit and looked good!!! They are two piece that show my belly. Even with the scar I was very pleased with what I saw. I also have several that will be leaving because they are too big!!! It is exciting!
    The scale has already begun its shenanigans. I was up to 220 after having lifted 3 days this week already. I know it will come down but dang that hurt so that is the reason I got out my suits and I even updated my measurements. They even showed progress so I am not sweating this! I will be keep my focus and eat what my body needs for building back muscle I lost the last 6 months.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,460 Member
    Options
    what i have done well this month is to exercise pretty much every day.

it is a cool and mostly sunny day here today. my daughter says hello to everyone. yesterday i watched a movie called the misfits and i really enjoyed it! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on after supper. i am all caught up on my housework today. now i can just put my feet up and relax. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening all. Are we ready for fri-yeah??
    Check in for 2/24:
    Steps 5424. Mostly around the house.
    Calories - 1923. Had a "mini bundt" with bfast to get rid of it before it spoiled. Then it turned into a "bundtlet" after I ate it. 230 cal to 600 cal. Ouchie. I have been tap dancing thru my food the rest of the day.
    Exercise - none. Video call half the morning.
    I will try to give blood again tomorrow. I hope my iron isn't still low.
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    Friday check-in
    PW: 321
    CW: 320
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 2/24
    Step count 9520
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Fri-Yay, Downsizers!! Here's my check-in:

2/24:
    Calories: 1,168
    Exercise: One hour of strength training and stretching class
    Steps: 8,640

I "graduated" from physical therapy yesterday - did 70 minutes on the elliptical this morning without knee braces and with no knee pain - I'm so happy. My goal is to continue to do plenty of lower body strengthening to keep my knees feeling great. I hope you are all having a wonderful day!!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: FRIDAY
    PW: 231.4
    CW: 231.6. +0.2 lbs
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    WI Friday
    PW 252.5
    CW 252.5

Hi all! Holding steady this week. I am coming off that time, so I am happy to see a hold!! Whew February is done for me and I am looking forward to March.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I am here to fess up. Ok, so no more step counts for me. Hahaha. I lost my tracker for a few days. Then when I found it, I realized that I had felt a lot less stress not counting steps. So then I wore it, but didn’t check to see if I made it. I did. So I think the keeping this 6000 goal was a GReat thing for me because I definitely was only getting 1000 for 4 or more days a week before and almost never getting 6. So I am going to keep up the habit but not be in the challenge for a while. :-)

Good job on February everybody, and I am definitely looking forward to all of us having a great March!!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    MeowScout wrote: »
    WI Friday
    PW 252.5
    CW 252.5

Hi all! Holding steady this week. I am coming off that time, so I am happy to see a hold!! Whew February is done for me and I am looking forward to March.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I am here to fess up. Ok, so no more step counts for me. Hahaha. I lost my tracker for a few days. Then when I found it, I realized that I had felt a lot less stress not counting steps. So then I wore it, but didn’t check to see if I made it. I did. So I think the keeping this 6000 goal was a GReat thing for me because I definitely was only getting 1000 for 4 or more days a week before and almost never getting 6. So I am going to keep up the habit but not be in the challenge for a while. :-)

Good job on February everybody, and I am definitely looking forward to all of us having a great March!!!

Okay I will remove you from the step challenge... if you ever decide you want to return just let me know :)
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    30 min. Snow shoveling light(3” fluffy snow)
    50 min. Strength training moderate
    12 min. Elliptical 1.5 miles

So happy today. I weighed 134.8 pounds today! For the last 2 years, 135 lbs. has been my goal weight per my doctor. Hope Dexa scan will show healthy level of visceral fat or else will still have to keep going a while longer. Also was able to do a set of deadlifts at 10 reps at new heavier weight(other 3 sets at 7 reps) which made me insanely happy because am really dragging today.

@tahm42 my dr. didn’t prescribe the dexa scan. I had to google to find the closest one to me. Most of their patients are doing the bone density scans but since the womens center offers a weight loss program they offer body composition scans. What grip do you use for deadlifts? Do you recommend any exercises to improve grip strength.
This discussion has been closed.