Downsizers Team Chat - February 2022

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
edited February 2022 in Social Groups
jsd2tdoy1v7w.png

Here is your Team chat room for February 2022. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed!

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @TheMrWobbly

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @peng123 & @MeowScout
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71 & @trooworld
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Username:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,499 Member
    Options
    Hi all and welcome to the Downsizers February team chat! My name is Linda and I am one of the team captains. My counterpart is the amazing Megan aka @Megan_smartiepants1970. Our two motivators are @peng123 and @MeowScout . We are all here to help.

I am originally from Newfoundland but I live in Southwestern Ontario. I am 57 years old, married, retired due to a disability and have 3 adult children. I also have 4 beautiful granddaughters. Two live here in Ontario and the other two in Scotland. My granddaughters are one of my reasons for trying to get healthy. I have two very fat cats, Nick and Lady.

Three years ago I started my weight loss in February and I have been with this group since the beginning. I have struggled a bit lately but February will be my month. I count calories and for exercise I swim.

February goals
    1. Close the rings on my Apple Watch daily
    2. Reach my step goal
    3. Log my food
    4. Swim minimum 800 laps for the month
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Housekeeping

Weigh In
    I will post a weigh in reminder every day. Please use the following format for reporting your weight as it makes it much easier for us to find. Let me know if you need to change your weigh in day or have to miss a week.

Username
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

Check In
    You can do this in any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Megan takes care of the step challenge. She will make a post with everything you need to know.

Other Resources
    On the main page of our group you will find many resources. This is where you will find the weekly challenges and the habit tracker. The link to the habit tracker is

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10855055/fat2fit-habit-tracker-february-2022#latest

Please take time and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about yourself, why you are on this journey and your goals for the month.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Please increase my step goal to 9k for the February challenge.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Please increase my step goal to 9k for the February challenge.

Will do🙂
  • JScottJr1988
    JScottJr1988 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good morning, my name is John Scott. I am new to the group. I am from Virginia born and raised. I was a part of this challenge a couple years ago, and wanted to rejoin to achieve my weight loss goals. I am also a new author. I recently published a poem book on Amazon called Cut From A Different Kente, so I am excited about that. My goal is to lose 10-15 lbs, and am looking forward to getting to know everyone.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    My name is Jean. I spent a lot of years taking care of everyone but me. I am working hard to change that mindset and put my needs, if not first, at least at a higher level.

My highest weight was around 300 and I am currently at 247.7 for a February starting weight. January went quite well for me. I got back into a regular walking routine and started a regular Zumba workout routine. I also began to build up some endurance to start rowing on the days I can’t get outside to walk. I logged everyday which is key for me to lose weight, came in under my allowed calories everyday and only had 3 diet cokes during the month. So all my habit tracker goals are checked off for January.

For February I would like my goals to be walk and/or row 6 times per week, Zumba 6 times per week, log everyday, meet my Fitbit move goal at 10 hours per day and drink at least 64 oz of water per day.

I would like to lose 4 pounds per month. My goal for 2022 is to be below 210 by the end of the year. My stretch goal would be to be below 200 by year end.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

I would like to increase my daily step goal for the step challenge to 6,000 per day.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Good morning, my name is John Scott. I am new to the group. I am from Virginia born and raised. I was a part of this challenge a couple years ago, and wanted to rejoin to achieve my weight loss goals. I am also a new author. I recently published a poem book on Amazon called Cut From A Different Kente, so I am excited about that. My goal is to lose 10-15 lbs, and am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Welcome to our amazing team ...Hope you have great success on your journey :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    My name is Jean. I spent a lot of years taking care of everyone but me. I am working hard to change that mindset and put my needs, if not first, at least at a higher level.

My highest weight was around 300 and I am currently at 247.7 for a February starting weight. January went quite well for me. I got back into a regular walking routine and started a regular Zumba workout routine. I also began to build up some endurance to start rowing on the days I can’t get outside to walk. I logged everyday which is key for me to lose weight, came in under my allowed calories everyday and only had 3 diet cokes during the month. So all my habit tracker goals are checked off for January.

For February I would like my goals to be walk and/or row 6 times per week, Zumba 6 times per week, log everyday, meet my Fitbit move goal at 10 hours per day and drink at least 64 oz of water per day.

I would like to lose 4 pounds per month. My goal for 2022 is to be below 210 by the end of the year. My stretch goal would be to be below 200 by year end.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

I would like to increase my daily step goal for the step challenge to 6,000 per day.

You have done great on your journey so far ...you have reasonable goals and you got this .. I will increase your step goal as soon as I set up February's step chart :)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    The Week 1 Group Challenge for February begins Sunday, January 30th. It is now open and ready for lively discussion, information and great tips this week. Join us as we explore planning your meals each day with The Balanced Plate!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10855106/february-week-1-group-challenge-the-balanced-plate#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :smile:
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options

@JScottJr1988 Welcome back to the team! I am in Virginia, too - Richmond. Congratulations on your book of poetry!
  • peng123
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

@Morethanjustanumber You are making such great progress - and you have set excellent goals for yourself - the weight is going to come right off!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am setting up the February step challenge spreadsheet today .. Please let me know if you want to be added, removed, excused, change your step goal etc .. Thank you
  • peng123
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Please keep me at 10,000 steps per day - thanks!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Please keep me at 10,000 steps per day - thanks!!

Will do :)
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 please keep my steps the same for next month.

I was diagnosed with vertigo and given a medication to help with the dizziness. Feel better today so will try the recombinant bike tomorrow.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 please keep my steps the same for next month.

I was diagnosed with vertigo and given a medication to help with the dizziness. Feel better today so will try the recombinant bike tomorrow.

Sorry you were diagnosed with vertigo ..I hope the medication will help you ... I will remove the EXC. :)
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm Jodi, 53 years, and live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I've been overweight my entire life - no kidding, I have some old home video where someone's talking about what a fat baby I am. My highest weight ever was about 245lbs and that was about 15 years ago. Over a few years, using low-carb, exercise, and calorie counting I was down to 145-150 and felt pretty great - in 2015 I completed a half-marathon (some running but mostly walking :smile:).

Then, my work became increasingly stressful (still happening), I started playing video games again (I kinda like video games, heh), and the weight has crept back on until I was 202lbs on August 1, 2021 and was being ruled by my binge eating disorder (BED).

In August I started some mindfulness/meditation practices and reading a lot about cognitive behavioral therapy. I'm working on myself every day. I'm counting calories and focusing on things that help me be calm and make me happy.

I'm currently at about 164lbs with an ultimate goal of getting back down to 145-150lbs. I'm coming from last month with the Downsizers - Woot! Go team! - and feeling motivated moving into February.

My goals are:
    * 120 oz or more of water (I include tea) every day
    * Net carbs at 35 or under, 6 days a week
    * 10,000 steps per day, 6 days a week
    * log all food with a calorie goal of under 8500/week (I like to look at the week, it gives me some flex)
    * lose 6+lbs by March 1

I'm looking forward to hearing more about you all!

@Megan_smartiepants1970, please include me in the step challenge again! Is it possible to have it be at 10K per day for 6 days a week? I feel like I just need a day off every week. If not, no biggie, just put me down for 10K and thank you!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited January 2022
    Options
    JodiSW wrote: »
    Hi everybody! I'm Jodi, 53 years, and live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I've been overweight my entire life - no kidding, I have some old home video where someone's talking about what a fat baby I am. My highest weight ever was about 245lbs and that was about 15 years ago. Over a few years, using low-carb, exercise, and calorie counting I was down to 145-150 and felt pretty great - in 2015 I completed a half-marathon (some running but mostly walking :smile:).

Then, my work became increasingly stressful (still happening), I started playing video games again (I kinda like video games, heh), and the weight has crept back on until I was 202lbs on August 1, 2021 and was being ruled by my binge eating disorder (BED).

In August I started some mindfulness/meditation practices and reading a lot about cognitive behavioral therapy. I'm working on myself every day. I'm counting calories and focusing on things that help me be calm and make me happy.

I'm currently at about 164lbs with an ultimate goal of getting back down to 145-150lbs. I'm coming from last month with the Downsizers - Woot! Go team! - and feeling motivated moving into February.

My goals are:
    * 120 oz or more of water (I include tea) every day
    * Net carbs at 35 or under, 6 days a week
    * 10,000 steps per day, 6 days a week
    * log all food with a calorie goal of under 8500/week (I like to look at the week, it gives me some flex)
    * lose 6+lbs by March 1

I'm looking forward to hearing more about you all!

@Megan_smartiepants1970, please include me in the step challenge again! Is it possible to have it be at 10K per day for 6 days a week? I feel like I just need a day off every week. If not, no biggie, just put me down for 10K and thank you!

Absolutely just tell me what day you would like to take a day off :) I will just put a zero on the day you choose
This discussion has been closed.