Downsizers Team Chat - February 2022

Options

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. I hope you beat up Monday.
    Check in for 1/31:
    Steps - 13712
    Calories - 1802. I am eating my feelings tonight. I am chomping on 400g of green grapes. If I don't finish them then I will have less calories. At least it is something healthy.
    Exercise - gym in morning. 9 machines but no bike. Knee was twinging. Walk in afternoon. Up and over the hill. 3.65 miles in 63 minutes.

I am already getting full so I will be returning at least 100g of grapes.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    01/31
    10 min. Elliptical 1.33 mi
    90 min. Walking 2.0mph? Light
    35 minutes strength training moderate

Felt well today so mom and I went shopping in a neighboring town. Then went to rec center. Had to stop after weights because got dizzy and nauseated. Ended up having to sit down for a while until felt better. While didn’t lose much strength over the ten days off did lose a lot of cardio fitness. Will see my gp for a follow up on the vertigo tomorrow.

@lindamtuck2018 will have to remember that word. It perfectly describes my urges to snack.

Did you have steps for 1/30 or is that your day off?
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Steps 7553
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    01/31
    10 min. Elliptical 1.33 mi
    90 min. Walking 2.0mph? Light
    35 minutes strength training moderate

Felt well today so mom and I went shopping in a neighboring town. Then went to rec center. Had to stop after weights because got dizzy and nauseated. Ended up having to sit down for a while until felt better. While didn’t lose much strength over the ten days off did lose a lot of cardio fitness. Will see my gp for a follow up on the vertigo tomorrow.

@lindamtuck2018 will have to remember that word. It perfectly describes my urges to snack.

I hope your vertigo gets sorted out soon. Great e exercise day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. I hope you beat up Monday.
    Check in for 1/31:
    Steps - 13712
    Calories - 1802. I am eating my feelings tonight. I am chomping on 400g of green grapes. If I don't finish them then I will have less calories. At least it is something healthy.
    Exercise - gym in morning. 9 machines but no bike. Knee was twinging. Walk in afternoon. Up and over the hill. 3.65 miles in 63 minutes.

I am already getting full so I will be returning at least 100g of grapes.

If you are going to eat you feelings grapes are the way to go. Fantastic steps Roger!
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Jan 31, 2021)
    PW: 221.1
    CW: 221.1
    SW: 240

Apologies for being a little late. I'm actually surprised I came right in at 0.0 change since we went out of town over the weekend to visit Columbus, OH. Not exactly a travel destination in the winter but our daughter is getting married there in the summer 2023 so we were looking at reception halls and churches so we can get a place and date nailed down (and start up the big vacuum of our bank account :) ). Our older son goes to college in Columbus and our youngest son came with us since both their birthdays are close to last weekend so it was also a dual birthday celebration as well. Fun weekend - a little too much eating and maybe an extra glass of wine and beer with meals but it was fun and apparently I didn't do too much damage on the scale - I call that a win!

Sounds like a great family celebration so I agree, it is a win.

Good Morning Everyone.

First Weigh-in Day (Tuesday)

CW - 192
    UGW - 140

Monday steps -7881

Up a pound since registration last week. Ive been eating poorly but getting back on track. I am going away up north with friends in 4 weeks for a birthday celebration weekend with lots of hiking and outdoor time. Hoping to shed a few pounds by then.

A little about me. I live in Toronto, Ontario. I am turning 48 in a week. I am a mother to a 14 year old son and I have a wife whom I have been with for 17 years. I use to be extremely fit and active (ice hockey, rock climbing, muay thai boxing) but have just become very burnt out and sedentary over the years. I started getting back into nature a few years ago with hiking and back country canoe trips. I am tired of all the extra weight and need to get back to my old self.

I was diagnosed with sever sleep apnea 1.5 years ago and now use CPAP. Anyone other CPAP folks out there? I am hoping that when I drop 50 lbs I won't need it any longer. One of my goals I guess :)

The main thing is your back on track. You are our second team member from Toronto. I am not far down the road in London. I am jealous you are going up North. We have lived i. Ontario almost 23 years and have never been. I have sleep apnea. Years ago it was diagnosed as mild. The sleep test was repeated and I was told it was severe. I kept putting off going back for the followow up. By the time I did the sleep doctor noticed I had lost a lot of weight and redid the sleep test. It showed I was only having issues on my back. He set me up with a machine to use for a month to determine what rates you needed on the cpap. I hated and never went to get the machine. It has been about 3 or 4 years. So I guess the moral of my long reply is my sleep apnea did improve with weight loss. I really should get a new test to see if I have I,proved further.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 1/31
    Step count 8956
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Good morning! I am Kelly, 56 yo, 3 adult children, 2 grands, pup, and grand kitty.

So excited to be on this journey with everyone. I really need the motivation. I feel like I know what to do - just need to get to it and do it!

My goals:
    -Drink 64 oz water
    -Walk 4 days/wk
    -Log everyday
    -2 hrs leisure reading/wk

I would love to get to the point where I can do C25K again.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

I would like to participate in the step challenge. Can you please put me down for 7K per day? Thx!

Awesome..Glad you want to participate in our step challenge... I have added you ... We always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday for each week ..If you have steps for 1/30 and 1/31 please post if not that is okay and you can just start posting for 2/1 and the rest of the week ..thank you :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone.

First Weigh-in Day (Tuesday)

CW - 192
    UGW - 140

Monday steps -7881

Up a pound since registration last week. Ive been eating poorly but getting back on track. I am going away up north with friends in 4 weeks for a birthday celebration weekend with lots of hiking and outdoor time. Hoping to shed a few pounds by then.

A little about me. I live in Toronto, Ontario. I am turning 48 in a week. I am a mother to a 14 year old son and I have a wife whom I have been with for 17 years. I use to be extremely fit and active (ice hockey, rock climbing, muay thai boxing) but have just become very burnt out and sedentary over the years. I started getting back into nature a few years ago with hiking and back country canoe trips. I am tired of all the extra weight and need to get back to my old self.

I was diagnosed with sever sleep apnea 1.5 years ago and now use CPAP. Anyone other CPAP folks out there? I am hoping that when I drop 50 lbs I won't need it any longer. One of my goals I guess :)

I see you posted steps .. Are you wanting to be added to the step challenge? If so please give me a step goal you are planning to hit daily ...Thank you :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited February 2022
    Options
    b7w324zbeq8n.jpg

JANUARY WEEK 4 RESULTS
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @Mari_Moulin- 112,600 steps
    2nd @Megan_smartiepants1970- 88,141 steps
    3rd @JodiSW- 73,785 steps
    4th @littleflutterby- 68,759 steps
    5th @rwood566- 61,556 steps
    Great Job Everyone :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 752, 760 steps
    Well Done Everyone :):):):)

Recognizing Everyone Who Pledged Their Steps
    @lindamtuck2018- 6/7
    @Megan_smartiespants1970- 7/7
    @Pippin20206- 1/7
    @red1185- 4/7
    @rwood566- 7/7
    @tahm42- 5/7
    @peng123- 2/7
    @littleflutterby- 7/7
    @MeowScout- 4/7
    @Morethanjustanumber- 7/7
    @Mari-Moulin- 6/7
    @JodiSW- 6/7
    @Jpedno- 3/7
    Awesome Job Everyone :):):):):)

6gxg4zga3n7x.jpg

JANUARY 2022 GRAND FINALE
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @Mari_Moulin- 435,525 steps
    2nd @Megan_smartiespants1970- 392,031 steps
    3rd @peng123- 295,329 steps
    4th @littleflutterby- 267,535 steps
    5th @rwood566- 261,250 steps
    Amazing Job Everyone :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 3,288,459 steps
    Terrific Job Everybody :):):):)

• Outdoorsy_Canadian
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Yes, please add me to the step challenge. You can list 5000 a day. I sit at a desk so its hard to get a lot during the week :)

1/30-6769
    1/31-7881
  • 2BThinAgain5
    2BThinAgain5 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @meghan_smartipants1970

1/30 - 7868
    1/31 - 2814 :neutral:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Yes, please add me to the step challenge. You can list 5000 a day. I sit at a desk so its hard to get a lot during the week :)

1/30-6769
    1/31-7881

So happy you want to be in the step challenge... I have added you :)
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    ughhh I almost went down in the shower... I turned to get my shampoo and my ankle gave in ... it hurts like hell (it had to be the one that is already given me problems ) I see my GP today for the results of my x-rays on my hips ...I have a feeling he is going to say you have arthritis in your hips like you do in your ankle ...it is never-ending with me

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I'm so sorry! I hope you feel better soon!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    ughhh I almost went down in the shower... I turned to get my shampoo and my ankle gave in ... it hurts like hell (it had to be the one that is already given me problems ) I see my GP today for the results of my x-rays on my hips ...I have a feeling it is going to say you have arthritis in your hips like you do in your ankle ...it is never-ending with me

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I'm so sorry! I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you so much :)
This discussion has been closed.