Downsizers Team Chat - February 2022

Options

Replies

• peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My mouth gets lonely way too much! 😂
    geqz2dc0uahh.jpeg

@lindamtuck2018 That is HILARIOUS!! Have a great session at the pool - I know you are looking forward to it!
  • Maejestique
    Maejestique Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for the warm welcome! 😀 Happy to be a part of this wonderful team! A little intro about myself.. I’m a 31 years old mom. I have been at my heaviest weight 3 years back and was working hard to lose the weight since then but with a very little success. Kinda feeling tired of my weight loss journey but still I don’t want to giveup and that’s why I wanted to join in this challenge! 💪🏼
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for the warm welcome! 😀 Happy to be a part of this wonderful team! A little intro about myself.. I’m a 31 years old mom. I have been at my heaviest weight 3 years back and was working hard to lose the weight since then but with a very little success. Kinda feeling tired of my weight loss journey but still I don’t want to giveup and that’s why I wanted to join in this challenge! 💪🏼

Welcome to our team ... I run a step challenge within our group ...Is that something you would be interested in? If so just give me a step number you plan to hit daily ...Also I have a converter chart so I can convert most exercise into steps... Just let me know :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited January 2022
    Options
    y1iuznzfnqs4.jpg

Here is my 2nd friendly reminder of the people's steps I need .... ...Please have your steps in by Monday Evening 1/31 so that I can post the weekly results and the entire month results...If I do not have them in by then ..I will have no choice but to zero them out ...Thanks for your understanding and cooperation

@red1185 1/29
    @MeowScout 1/28 & 1/29
    @littleflutterby 1/28 & 1/29
    @tslose 1/23- 1/29
    @Jpedno 1/29

• JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My mouth gets lonely way too much! 😂
    geqz2dc0uahh.jpeg

Hahaha!
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    @JodiSW You are definitely UN-FREAKING-STOPPABLE!!!
  • JScottJr1988
    JScottJr1988 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @peng123 I’m from the 7 cities, glad I have a fellow Virginian in the group😂😎
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Username: mszoueb
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 237
    CW (Current Weight): 238

Hi all, here for Monday weigh in. I was going to post early this morning, but ran out of time.

Who knew a meal with mainly veg could do such damage, it was fairly big haha. I did go for a walk with dogs yesterday round the block afterwards, however like I've mentioned within the past week, not really sure what's going on overall yet.

This week marks going down 5 day a week on prep with weekends free so will be even more interesting to see what happens on next weigh in. There is a part of me that is a little disheartened by the scale not moving and seeing gain recently, but definitely not defeated.

I'm really looking forward to doing the 2 ingredient pizza dough and having non prep things at the weekend, but still aim to be in calories.

Have a great week everyone!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Would any of the newcomers be interested in our step challenge? If so please give me a step goal that you plan on hitting daily ... post your steps daily or weekly (which ever is easiest) I do have a converter chart that I can convert most exercises into steps .. just tell me what is it ...how long and if it was light, heavy or vigorous ...Thanks :)
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,856 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/23-4920
    1/24-3993
    1/25-8227
    1/26-10076
    1/27-8617
    1/28-6736
    1/29-9292
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
    Username: JScottjr1988
    Pw: 186.6
    Cw: 185 lbs

Gotta stay focused this upcoming week and make sure I continue to exercise

Awesome loss!

mszoueb wrote: »

Hi all, here for Monday weigh in. I was going to post early this morning, but ran out of time.

Who knew a meal with mainly veg could do such damage, it was fairly big haha. I did go for a walk with dogs yesterday round the block afterwards, however like I've mentioned within the past week, not really sure what's going on overall yet.

This week marks going down 5 day a week on prep with weekends free so will be even more interesting to see what happens on next weigh in. There is a part of me that is a little disheartened by the scale not moving and seeing gain recently, but definitely not defeated.

I'm really looking forward to doing the 2 ingredient pizza dough and having non prep things at the weekend, but still aim to be in calories.

You could have a loss masked by water weight from sodium in the takeout. I keep meaning to try the 2 ingredient pizza dough. Can you share your recipe?

cormierannie
    weigh in day - sunday
    pw: 159 pounds
    cw: 157 pounds

daily check in monday january 31st
    calories-under
    fitness minutes 150
    steps 14,785

nNice loss!
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Username: JScottjr1988
    Pw: 186.6
    Cw: 185 lbs

Gotta stay focused this upcoming week and make sure I continue to exercise

Awesome loss!

mszoueb wrote: »

You could have a loss masked by water weight from sodium in the takeout. I keep meaning to try the 2 ingredient pizza dough. Can you share your recipe?

Fingers crossed :)

It's 85g self raising flour
    95g greek/natural yoghurt, I use low fat one and the cheapest :)

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE3OTUwNDQzNTQ0NDMxNTg3?story_media_id=2537344954582443785_44937744040&utm_medium=share_sheet

She has lots of recipes on her Instagram: livthepositivefooodie
  • Outdoorsy_Canadian
    Options
    Hi Team! Looking forward to joining you all this month. I’ve had a crazy busy weekend and heading to bed. I promise I will post more about myself, my hopes and goals for this challenge tomorrow . Night 💤

Glad you are here. What part of Canada are you from? I am in London, Ontario.

Toronto, Ontario
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 It is definately an experience going to ikea. i am still having problems getting all the way thru it.

About myself now...
    Hi everyone. my name is Roger. i'm 57, in San Diego with a wife and adult daughter. i have been on my loss journey almost 3 years. on March 20, 2019 i was accepted into home based primary care thru the V.A. and had my first appointment. i was referred to them because i had become house-bound for 1 1/2 years due to my weight. i could not walk 150 feet, stand more than 2 minutes. when i had my first appointment i weighed 566 lbs. with a lot of professional help (nutritionist and behavior therapist) i got my head straightened out. it took me 6 months to lose 30 pounds because i was learning the right way to think, act, hold myself accountable, and most importantly - FORGIVE LAPSES. starting October 2019 i lost 10-12 lbs a month until October 2021 when i finally started slowing down to 8 lbs a month. i currently am at 235.4 this morning for a loss of 331 lbs in 34 months.
    i have done the prep testing for bariatric surgery but the dr. and surgeon both agreed i shouldn't get it since i was losing consistantly. the bonus is that i know my body is healthy. lungs, heart, neck arteries, stomach. at my highest i was on 2 blood pressure meds, 8 fish pills a day. i was pre-diabetic and they were starting to look at my liver for fatty liver disease. now i have no blood pressure meds, 4 fish pills a day, not near diabetic levels, and my liver is fine. i do have orthostatic hypotension, which is a drop in b/p sometimes when i am standing up, resulting in lightheadedness and possible collapsing. we are working on that. last thursday i was officially told i am OVERWEIGHT for the first time since 1990 or 1991. i would be a normal weight right now except i have many pounds of excess skin, which i hope to get removed later.

for diet, i just log my food and count calories in. i am usually between 1600 and 1800 a day intake. any calories i burn in exercise are bonus and i don't eat extra to cover it. i try to plan my meals just so if i am going to have a big meal i can modify my other meals to maintain my calories. i don't beat myself up if i go over, just start up again the next day.

my exercise is walking 2-3 times a week, anywhere from 5 to 8 miles, now i'm adding a large hill route that is shorter but 1 mile of climbing. i also go to the gym 2 times a week and try to ride the bike while there.

sorry for the book.

Wow Roger you are such an inspiration, what an incredible journey. Congratulations on being classed as overweight, that's a goal I'm still working towards, I'm currently still in the obese category, I'm just too darn short LOL. Fantastic news about your liver. I got serious in Oct last year when I found out I had fatty liver disease so I'm hopeful all the changes I've made will make a difference. I want a before and after picture of my liver LOL.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.