Downsizers Team Chat - February 2022

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,546 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am Kelly, 56 yo, 3 adult children, 2 grands, pup, and grand kitty.

So excited to be on this journey with everyone. I really need the motivation. I feel like I know what to do - just need to get to it and do it!

My goals:
    -Drink 64 oz water
    -Walk 4 days/wk
    -Log everyday
    -2 hrs leisure reading/wk

I would love to get to the point where I can do C25K again.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

I would like to participate in the step challenge. Can you please put me down for 7K per day? Thx!

Welcome to the team!

ughhh I almost went down in the shower... I turned to get my shampoo and my ankle gave in ... it hurts like hell (it had to be the one that is already given me problems ) I see my GP today for the results of my x-rays on my hips ...I have a feeling he is going to say you have arthritis in your hips like you do in your ankle ...it is never-ending with me

I hope it feels better! Arthritis sucks!
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 138.0
    CW: 139.9

@Megan_smartiepants1970 so sorry about your ankle. Arthritis is no fun.
    No steps for Sunday. I was dizzy. Saw gp who confirmed vertigo and said probably likely to have episodes in the future. Gave me exercises to do to help with it.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,398 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Good morning! I am Kelly, 56 yo, 3 adult children, 2 grands, pup, and grand kitty.

So excited to be on this journey with everyone. I really need the motivation. I feel like I know what to do - just need to get to it and do it!

My goals:
    -Drink 64 oz water
    -Walk 4 days/wk
    -Log everyday
    -2 hrs leisure reading/wk

I would love to get to the point where I can do C25K again.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

I would like to participate in the step challenge. Can you please put me down for 7K per day? Thx!

Welcome to the team!

ughhh I almost went down in the shower... I turned to get my shampoo and my ankle gave in ... it hurts like hell (it had to be the one that is already given me problems ) I see my GP today for the results of my x-rays on my hips ...I have a feeling he is going to say you have arthritis in your hips like you do in your ankle ...it is never-ending with me

I hope it feels better! Arthritis sucks!

Thanks Linda ...x-rays on my hips didn't show anything ... He thinks it is my lower back so I have to go get an x-ray and he is talking about me doing PT ...They seem to flare up when I was walking but obviously I can't do that at this time ... I see him in 2 weeks
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 138.0
    CW: 139.9

@Megan_smartiepants1970 so sorry about your ankle. Arthritis is no fun.
    No steps for Sunday. I was dizzy. Saw gp who confirmed vertigo and said probably likely to have episodes in the future. Gave me exercises to do to help with it.

Thanks Deb... It is not fun ...I am in this darn walking boot and my ankle is swollen
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am so behind in reading posts! It's bedtime so I'll try to catch up in the morning.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/29 6,893
    1/30 8,022
    1/31 6,795

Ok I can't seem to make my step goal consistently. Do I lower my expectations? Or try to work harder. I guess the latter.

More from me tomorrow.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Happy lunar new year everyone.
    Check in for 2/1:
    Steps - 12601
    Calories - I have 1800 down, but it can be 1700 - 2000. Total guess on dinner, which was a buffet of Chinese food. I had some of everything but I don't feel like I overate. I think I will gain from sodium though.
    Exercise - 5.34 mile walk this afternoon in 1 hr 36 minutes. I used the walk to order the Chinese food for dinner. Then I drove back to pick it up. At least I got rid of some sodium before dinner.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 sorry about your ankle. Glad to hear about your hips, though.
    @Beautyofdreams good luck with your vertigo. I hope they figure out why quickly.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Happy lunar new year everyone.
    Check in for 2/1:
    Steps - 12601
    Calories - I have 1800 down, but it can be 1700 - 2000. Total guess on dinner, which was a buffet of Chinese food. I had some of everything but I don't feel like I overate. I think I will gain from sodium though.
    Exercise - 5.34 mile walk this afternoon in 1 hr 36 minutes. I used the walk to order the Chinese food for dinner. Then I drove back to pick it up. At least I got rid of some sodium before dinner.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 sorry about your ankle. Glad to hear about your hips, though.
    @Beautyofdreams good luck with your vertigo. I hope they figure out why quickly.

Thanks Roger ... It was weird I was born with hip dysplasia ..in a brace for 2 years of my life ...The x-ray was taken of my pelvis with me laying down ... Dr wants to take an x-ray of my lower back ...it hasn't been hurting to bad since I am not able to go for walks ughh all of this is frustrating
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 2/1
    Step count 9357

So sorry for your ankle and back/hip problems. Falling is a scary thing to have happen. Sending healing thoughts your way!
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,833 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Tahm42
    Tuesday
    PW 215
    CW 216

Could I move my weigh in to Monday?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 2/1
    Step count 9357

So sorry for your ankle and back/hip problems. Falling is a scary thing to have happen. Sending healing thoughts your way!

Thank you so much ...Greatly appreciate it :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ✅Close Rings
    ✅Steps 13,556
    ✅Log Food
    Swim 800 laps: 94/80

I woke up this morning with a brutal headache which was making me feel nauseous. I took something for both and eventually fell back to sleep. I just woke up. I can’t remember the last time I slept until noon. It’s still lingering so I am not sure on the pool. The snow is really coming down so it would be pretty in the pool house today. If I go it will be just cardio today and stretching.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Off to take a shower.. then go get an x-ray on my lower back and come home and meal prep ... I got keto chicken and dumplings ... Fried mozzarella cheese stick....keto shrimp scampi with spaghetti squash...shrimp fried cauliflower rice and keto desserts ( I am leaning towards berry cheesecake tarts and lemon and lime fluff and maybe so chocolate fat bombs) :) on the menu for the week
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    02/02 2022
    Strength training 40 min. Moderate
    Treadmill 35 min. 2.04 miles

Hope your x-ray shows no problems.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @rwood566
    Two nights ago I kept hearing fireworks and hearing people shouting happy new year. I thought I was having hallucinations until my friend said she heard the same thing. I forgot about the lunar new year.

@peng123
    That’s a fantastic loss! You have proved 2 weeks in a row that weight loss can be accomplished without exercise. Well done!

@Beautyofdreams
    Great exercise day!

I apologize for not being more supportive today. The last two nights my bedtime routine went out the window leading to poor sleep. Back to my routine tonight and hopefully will be rewarded with a good nights sleep. 😴
This discussion has been closed.