Downsizers Team Chat - February 2022

Options

Replies

• tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,794 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams I use the standard pronated grip with thumbs on the bar for a neutral grip. Heavier weights or when my hands give out I do use straps. It just bites that I am starting over. Baby weights right now until my ligaments are used to it again. I did buy my own Barbell today for those times my friend is not at home. Lifting is a pairs activity. Alone it can be scary. For grip strength I use my yoga silks and body weight. Just holding the hang improves grip. Congrats on a new higher weight!
    I am sure the scan will be where you need it to be. I am afraid of finding out my numbers but you have to know what you are working with.
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Username Pippin20206
    PW 175.9
    CW 180.9 starting weight for march

well that was a train wreck of a week.

Steps 2/25 - 9425
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    Options
    tfjfomelexw5.png

Time to set up your March 2022 Habit Tracker!
    Now is the time to think ahead about the next month. What habits do you need to put into place to take you one step at a time, one day at a time, towards your goals? The Fat2Fit habit tracker is simple to use - just enter up to 5 habits, and check them off every day you do them. The green check marks are mighty nice! It helps to have a graphic reminder of how you are doing, and how you will get to your goals if you keep it up.

Go to https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10857488/fat2fit-habit-tracker-march-2022#latest

Follow the simple instructions and set it up! Be ready to start earning green check marks on Sunday :smiley:
  • Outdoorsy_Canadian
    Options
    Well, this week got away from me. I can’t remember when I posted my steps last so here’s my week :)

Monday - 10,845
    Tuesday-4779
    Wednesday-5260
    Thursday-5815
    Friday-3871
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday team. ♥️ I apologize for this gain. I will do better.

Weigh in :

Username : mari_moulin
    Weigh in day : Saturday
    Weigh in week : 4
    Previous weight : 211.2
    Current weight : 215

Steps :

Sun - 10,816
    Mon - 16,099
    Tue - 22,780
    Wed - 11,791
    Thu - 14,406
    Fri - 21,227
    Sat - TBA

• peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

2/25:
    Calories: 1,134
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical and a 15-minute stretching class
    Steps: 14,083

I had a great day yesterday - hoping for another one today. I hope you all have a great day!!
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Steps 9286
  • KittyLady2
    KittyLady2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Weigh-inq Day: Saturday
    PW: 294 (I think this is right couldn't find previous weight,)
    CW: 299.8 (+5.8 lbs)

Next month is a new beginning. Hoping to get back on track with Weight-Loss.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    @Pippin20206
    We all have bad weeks. What are your goals for March?

@mari_moulin
    Don’t apologize for a gain. A new month is starting so you can have a clean slate.

@peng123
    Great exercise day!

@flowerblossom_58
    I will use this weight for your starting weight for the March challenge.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    ❌Close Rings
    ❌Steps 5,620
    ✅Log Food
    Swim 800 laps: 756/800

I gave my self a check for logging food even though it’s not totally accurate. I had to guesstimate the calories from the restaurant. My weight is up a pound from Thursday but that I am sure is water weight from eating out. I am super tired and sore from the last 2 days but I am going to the pool to get those last 44 laps to meet my monthly goal. 🏊‍♂️🏊‍♂️🏊‍♂️🏊‍♂️
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 2/25
    Step count 11,182

Weekly weigh in

Saturday 2/26

PW 242.9
    CW 240.6

Loss 2.3
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. A little late with the check in.
    Check in for 2/25:
    Steps - 3235.
    Calories - 1912
    Exercise - none. Went out for bfast with daughter. Huge serving so I cut it in half at the start and put it in a box. Gave blood in the afternoon so no exercise. Wild animal park today.
    I haven't been light headed in a few days and my iron was at a great level for the donation. 46. I am now wondering if my iron is connected to my spells since I was lightheaded a lot right before my failed donation attempt. Something for my dr.
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Username: jpedno
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 156.6
    CW: 155.8
    Woohoo I am pleased! Sure I'd like it to be more but it's very satisfying to see the number go down. I'm excited to see what happens next week.

I went back to the gym this week - spin class twice! I really like the camraderie and seeing my instructors again. @lindamtuck2018 I hope to get to body pump soon - les mills, I'm sure it's more or less the same as when you took it.

I'm getting ready to get on the treadmill then heading to Albuquerque to see a college basketball game.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    2/22: 8,510
    2/23: 7,782
    2/24: 6,799
    2/25: 8,113
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    Options
    The March team chat is now open. Please continue all weigh-ins and steps, etc. HERE until Sunday. Go to the March chat to introduce yourself, set out your goals and intentions for the month, and be ready for a wonderful month. We have 5 weeks in the March challenge, so there is time to really make some progress. Let's go!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10857525/downsizers-team-chat-march-2022/p1?new=1
  • Gwiz401
    Gwiz401 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    User name: Gwiz401
    Weigh Day: Saturday
    SW: 179.8
    PW: 173.0
    CW: 174.6
    LTD: 5.2

Gain of 1.6 :-( I don't know how that happened, but I am not going to stress about it.
    I've been diligently drinking 96 oz of water for the last 3 days and will keep doing so.

I will continue to make the best choices and choose wisely.

10 days until the Galapagos Islands!!

• peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Boom! 800/800 laps done!

@lindamtuck2018 Great job!!! What an amazing achievement!!!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,460 Member
    Options
    it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hello to everyone! she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later this afternoon. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    02/26
    50 min. Strength training moderate
    33 min. Elliptical. 4.4 miles
    50 min. Walk outside 2.9 miles

Well of course I overeat Friday night. But was still to goal on Thursday! Hopefully will keep reaching goal until consistently there then focus more in building fitness and biking. We have a week long bicycle ride across the state called RAGBAI. Its a party on wheels complete with support vehicles, food trucks and concerts.
This discussion has been closed.