This February I Will....

Options

Replies

• dkr529
    dkr529 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wow… there’s a 4:30AM? πŸ˜€

I am also a morning exerciser but that’s usually in the 7:00 to 8:00 am timeframe. Nothing happens before coffee.

I concur about the coffee. I probably shouldn't, but I have my coffee before heading out to exercise because... as you said... nothing happens before coffee. :smile:
  • sewfast
    sewfast Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's day everyone! I hope your February is going well. I apologize for my absence...we have been sick. Not sure if it's Omicron or not ( my test kits have not arrived yet), but I am grateful for being vaccinated and boosted because I feel that has protected us from a worse sequelae. I have continued to track my food and exercise. Have got some good walks in when I have been up to it. I have been true to my creative goals this month as able...sewing, crocheting, cricutting (is that a word?) and playing music. Even through being ill, it is comforting to create. It's nice to see how everyone else is doing. Have a great rest of your month and I hope to check in again soon.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Jan 22 thru Feb 16: All great: calories exercise protein fiber sodium AND I’ve slashed my saturated fat to 1/3 of what it was.

26 days!

identity habits:,
    βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ…
    βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ…!βœ…
    2 weeks!
    shorten calls/online posting times (as needed)
    My time is valuable.
    Setting clear boundaries - finallyπŸ’•
    Feb 16: Did a great job with this today.
    I’m choosing to spend my time with folks where we bring each other joy!

βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… 😘 βœ…
    😘 = not tracked to gram, but tracked
    Will keep tracking this!

steps
    Still more tired than I used to be, so will keep tracking this, but they’re going great!

freggies salad!! Going very well. Added in pears this week! Salads are awesome (after a few years of having no desire for them).

24.0 BMI
    In my Maintenance Range? YESπŸŽ‰

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    dkr529 wrote: Β»
    @dkr529 I am also a 4.30am gal actually alarm goes off at 4.20am... I absolutely love it but hubby is not a fan as it wakes him up sometimes lol!!! Working out early in tthe morning is sooo much more enjoyable than at the end of the day!!! I would love to hear how ur going with it all? Xo

@donna25trinity Same with my hubby.. but fortunately he goes right back to sleep. :smile: I’ve been doing well with my workouts thus far. I started going to the gym on Feb 6th. Prior to that I was just getting up and walking a mile before work and/or doing some aerobic workout in my living room. Now I’m getting a mile walk in and cardio at the gym.. and I added in strength training starting yesterday.

I’m slowly building up to being the β€œfitness fanatic β€œ I see myself as one day. LOL. I have the type of personality that wants to do more, work harder, and be the best. So if I can just keep working hard and get this weight off so I feel better, I’m sure I’ll be able to achieve my goals.

I’ll check in on here more often with my progress. :smile:

Donna

Sounds like ur doing a fab job so far @dkr529 I am sure you are going to kill it as ur doing all the right things!! Awww ur name is Donna too, what a coincidence! Wld be even weirder if we were the same age. He he. I am 38 years old. Good luck on ur journey my fellow early riser, keep us posted with it progress. Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    @dkr529 I am also a 4.30am gal actually alarm goes off at 4.20am... I absolutely love it but hubby is not a fan as it wakes him up sometimes lol!!! Working out early in tthe morning is sooo much more enjoyable than at the end of the day!!! I would love to hear how ur going with it all? Xo

@donna25trinity Same with my hubby.. but fortunately he goes right back to sleep. :smile: I’ve been doing well with my workouts thus far. I started going to the gym on Feb 6th. Prior to that I was just getting up and walking a mile before work and/or doing some aerobic workout in my living room. Now I’m getting a mile walk in and cardio at the gym.. and I added in strength training starting yesterday.

I’m slowly building up to being the β€œfitness fanatic β€œ I see myself as one day. LOL. I have the type of personality that wants to do more, work harder, and be the best. So if I can just keep working hard and get this weight off so I feel better, I’m sure I’ll be able to achieve my goals.

I’ll check in on here more often with my progress. :smile:

Donna

Wow… there’s a 4:30AM? πŸ˜€

I am also a morning exerciser but that’s usually in the 7:00 to 8:00 am timeframe. Nothing happens before coffee.

@themedalist ohhh cool another early bird... I dnt know about u but if i leave my workout till the afternoon I just loath it but the exact same work out in the morning is almost a pleasure. Yep I def feel u with the coffee I hve 1 b4 my workout then 1 after. He he. Xo
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,191 Member
    Options
    @donna25trinity You can find the free 5 day BJ Fogg Tiny Habits course here: https://tinyhabits.com/
  • donna25trinity
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @donna25trinity You can find the free 5 day BJ Fogg Tiny Habits course here: https://tinyhabits.com/

U r wonderful thanks. Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    All habits on point for last few days. Yayyy
    I did wake up to my 4.30am alarm this morning but bub had a rough night so I slept with him. I will now need to find the motivation today to get my weights, run and beach dip done! Hve a fab Friday. Love focusing on habits and love this group. Xo
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    Options
    🌱πŸͺ΄πŸŒŸπŸͺ΄πŸŒ±πŸŒŸπŸŒ±πŸͺ΄πŸŒŸπŸͺ΄πŸŒ±
    🌱BUILDING HEALTHY HABITSπŸͺ΄πŸŒ±
    πŸͺ΄πŸŒ± 🌟FEBRUARY 2022 🌟🌱πŸͺ΄
    2022 WOTY: CONSOLIDATE
    πŸ”Ήconsolidate current habits
    πŸ”Ήextend January Flexibility habit from 10 to 15 minutes.
    πŸ”Ή Solid Daily Habits: 17/28 days

In February, after I do my 1st workout of the day
    …I will do > 15 minutes of flex exercises. (Yoga/Tai Chi/Pilates etc)
    Instant Reward: draw a star on my tracker.
    (I love to see those squares fill up πŸ˜‚)
    Long term reward: 3 sheets of birthday peel-offs if I complete the month.
    Extra reward: finding it easier to lace up my shoes/trainers πŸ˜‚
    πŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
    πŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
    πŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

Day 5 of Tiny Habits 5 day course tomorrow

πŸ¦„ Terri
  • dkr529
    Options
    Sounds like ur doing a fab job so far @dkr529 I am sure you are going to kill it as ur doing all the right things!! Awww ur name is Donna too, what a coincidence! Wld be even weirder if we were the same age. He he. I am 38 years old. Good luck on ur journey my fellow early riser, keep us posted with it progress. Xo

Thanks! Going well so far! No gym for me in the morning though because I have to pull an all-nighter to finish some work projects. I’m not sure how I’ll function at the office tomorrow with no sleep tonight, but unfortunately it can’t be avoided this time.

By the way.. I’m 40... so close to the same age! My dad named me after the Ritchie Valens song. Lol :smile:
    ~Donna
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Not doing so well. Not even keeping tracker spreadsheet up to date. Will be restarting counting from this weekend, but changing or eliminating some of the Feb idea.s I think I had tooooooo many.
  • sewfast
    sewfast Posts: 65 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: Β»
    Not doing so well. Not even keeping tracker spreadsheet up to date. Will be restarting counting from this weekend, but changing or eliminating some of the Feb idea.s I think I had tooooooo many.

Hugs to you! This has not been a stellar month keeping up for me either! I'm thankful to have you all to "talk" to when I'm feeling less than...it's just a bump in the road...the wheels haven't fallen off! πŸ˜‰
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    Options
    🌱BUILDING HEALTHY HABITSπŸͺ΄πŸŒ±
    πŸͺ΄πŸŒ± 🌟FEBRUARY 2022 🌟🌱πŸͺ΄
    2022 WOTY: CONSOLIDATE
    πŸ”Ήconsolidate current habits
    πŸ”Ήextend January Flexibility habit from 10 to 15 minutes.
    πŸ”Ή Solid Daily Habits: 18/28 days

In February, after I do my 1st workout of the day
    …I will do > 15 minutes of flex exercises. (Yoga/Tai Chi/Pilates etc)
    Instant Reward: draw a star on my tracker.
    (I love to see those squares fill up πŸ˜‚)
    Long term reward: 3 sheets of birthday peel-offs if I complete the month.
    Extra reward: finding it easier to lace up my shoes/trainers πŸ˜‚
    πŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

Day 5 of Tiny Habits 5 day course Completed

πŸ¦„ Terri
    @BMcC9
    I try to avoid having multiple balls in the air at once. I concentrate on one Tiny Habit each month. Little tweaks!

I still work on my Solid Habits, but don’t stress if I fall below par on one occasionally. It’s a matter of setting myself up to celebrate achievements, without undue stress.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,688 Member
    Options
    I try hard to update my tracker each morning for the previous day I even thought about leaving it downstairs but decided nope.

I think the winter has been really hard and long this year it’s been so cold I feel like a heat wave when we hit 28 I considered going out in my shorts and the shirt!! I did get a walk in yesterday but it was raining and then back to sleet and snow. I am rambling forgive me. My habits are progressing and no more or very few snack nights. The rest is in a progressive mode.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Jan 22 thru Feb 18; All great: calories exercise protein fiber sodium AND I’ve slashed my saturated fat to 1/3 of what it was.

28/28 days!!βœ…

identity habits: 16/16 βœ…
    shorten calls/online posting times (as needed)
    My time is valuable.
    Setting clear boundaries - finallyπŸ’•
    Feb 16: Did a great job with this today.
    I’m choosing to spend my time with folks where we bring each other joy!
    Feb 17 was tough but did this.
    Feb 18 enjoyed my walk; I’m not calling folks if it feels like a β€œhave to.”

15/16 days 1😘
    😘 = not tracked to gram, but tracked
    Will keep tracking this!

16/16
    steps
    Still more tired than I used to be, so will keep tracking this, but they’re going great!
    Feb 18: definitely stronger & less tired!!

16/16
    freggies salad!! Going very well. Added in pears this week! Salads are awesome (after a few years of having no desire for them).

24.1 BMI < 24.9 βœ”οΈ
    In my Maintenance Range? YESπŸŽ‰βœ”οΈ

I’m in β€œremission” after 4 months or so of battling it. It’s a good feeling. I think the key was being told to decrease sat fat (which I had double checked was ok with a dietician) grrr
    The next day I cold turkey gave up chocolate & cheese.

Upped freggies
    Upped raw nuts
    Added some olive oil
  • donna25trinity
    edited February 2022
    Options

Thanks! Going well so far! No gym for me in the morning though because I have to pull an all-nighter to finish some work projects. I’m not sure how I’ll function at the office tomorrow with no sleep tonight, but unfortunately it can’t be avoided this time.

By the way.. I’m 40... so close to the same age! My dad named me after the Ritchie Valens song. Lol :smile:
    ~Donna

@dkr529 Wow very close I'll actually he he ill actually be 39 in a few weeks. Awww how sweet and special, I love that song!! Lol! Hope all went well with the work deadline!! Tomz is a new day and I'm sure u will get right back on track after some much needed rest of course. He he Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    James clear from atomic habits talks about not breaking the chain and that's exactly what I did this week. I set myself I goal for 5 long workouts a week but bub kept me up on Friday so made it up on Saturday morning instead. He also talks about hving a back up plan wen u cantbstick to achieving that habit so this also really helped me stick to it. I was sluggish and tired during the workout as my mind knew it was a rest day but still did it so feel so accomplished. All other habits on track too over the w/e. Xo
  • dkr529
    Options
    James clear from atomic habits talks about not breaking the chain and that's exactly what I did this week. I set myself I goal for 5 long workouts a week but bub kept me up on Friday so made it up on Saturday morning instead. He also talks about hving a back up plan wen u cantbstick to achieving that habit so this also really helped me stick to it. I was sluggish and tired during the workout as my mind knew it was a rest day but still did it so feel so accomplished. All other habits on track too over the w/e. Xo

@donna25trinity Great work, Donna!