TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    🌱πŸͺ΄πŸŒŸπŸͺ΄πŸŒ±πŸŒŸπŸŒ±πŸͺ΄πŸŒŸπŸͺ΄πŸŒ±
    🌱BUILDING HEALTHY HABITSπŸͺ΄πŸŒ±
    πŸͺ΄πŸŒ± 🌟FEBRUARY 2022 🌟🌱πŸͺ΄
    My word for 2022: CONSOLIDATE
    I am planning to work on consolidating the habits I have already developed.
    In February I will extend my January Flexibility habit from 10 to 15 minutes.

In February, after I do my 1st workout of the day
    …I will do > 15 minutes of flex exercises. (Yoga/Tai Chi/Pilates etc)
    Instant Reward: draw a star on my tracker.
    Long term reward: 3 sheets of birthday peel-offs if I complete the month.
    Extra reward: finding it easier to lace up my shoes/trainers πŸ˜‚
    (I love to see those squares fill up πŸ˜‚)
    πŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

Also working on previous habits
    Solid Daily Habits: 4/28 days

I had a lovely afternoon at Parchment Craft. Working on a card for DH for Valentines Day

πŸ¦„ Terri
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: Β»
    I am a Functionally Strong Senior (63 yr old female) πŸ₯ŠπŸ₯Š
    (Easy-win new habit - I wear my weighted gloves when I do my short resistance-training exercise routine before work)

I am a crafter 🧡
    (Easy-win new habit - every day, I embroider one thread-length into my current project)
    BMcC9 wrote: Β»
    The stitching project says "Stitch your Dreams" Working up to the idea of posting beginning-of-the-month photo of it along with package picture of what the finished item is supposed to look like ....

These are the lightly weighted gloves
    a891hfo17uiu.jpg
    This is what the picture on the stitching project packaging looks like
    cui8ujasuv9k.jpg
    This is where I am (yesterday was first day working on it - did the "a" and "m" in Dreams - the 2 felt "S"s are not over-stitched in place yet.
    qlkcu6m3hvfu.jpg
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Jan 22-31πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’– πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
    Feb πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
    βœ… βœ… shorten calls/online posting times (as needed)
    My time is valuable.
    Feb 4: I did it! β™₯️ β€œSorry, have to go now..off for my hike!” I also researched & set the group that was pinging me to not send notifications!!!

βœ… βœ… be in touch with fun & enlivening friend/family member 5 times a week.
    I am a caring friend/family member.
    Feb 4: Called the person I wanted to speak to! :) β™₯️ very relaxing to chat as I finished stitching her 65th birthday present!!!

βœ… βœ… If I catch myself worrying, I will firmly tell myself β€œI am a person who doesn’t worry.” And take deep breath in & slowly blow out.
    Feb 4: I did this a number of times today successfully. β™₯️ My father, husband, and grown son don’t worry, so lots of good tile models.
    My NOOM Coach mentioned β€œWorry is like a rocking chair; it doesn’t get you anywhere.”

βœ… βœ…Create/work on/develop my Art project at least 5minutes per day.
    I am an artist & I always have been.
    Feb 4: Stitching & worked in my
    Project for several hours.
    βœ… βœ…tracked to the gram
    βœ… βœ…steps
    βœ… βœ…sat fat
    βœ… βœ…sodium
    βœ… βœ…protein
    βœ… βœ…freggies

• TerriRichardson112
    Options

πŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

Solid Daily Habits: 5/28 days

It’s great to see so many being so positive.
    Self belief is a very potent characteristic.

zqgmkhckvfon.jpeg

πŸ¦„ Terri

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Feb πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
    βœ… βœ… βœ… shorten calls/online posting times (as needed)
    My time is valuable.
    Feb 4 & 5: I did it! β™₯️ β€œSorry, have to go now..off for my hike!” I also researched & set the group that was pinging me to not send notifications!!!

βœ… βœ… βœ…be in touch with fun & enlivening friend/family member 5 times a week.
    I am a caring friend/family member.
    Feb 4: Called the person I wanted to speak to! :) β™₯️ very relaxing to chat as I finished stitching her 65th birthday present!!!
    Feb 5: Zoom call with fellow artists/crafters

βœ… βœ… βœ… If I catch myself worrying, I will firmly tell myself β€œI am a person who doesn’t worry.” And take deep breath in & slowly blow out.
    Feb 4: I did this a number of times today successfully. β™₯️ My father, husband, and grown son don’t worry, so lots of good tile models.
    My NOOM Coach mentioned β€œWorry is like a rocking chair; it doesn’t get you anywhere.”
    Feb 5: this is really working. I’ve shifted my focus from worrying to β€œIs there any action I need to take?” If the answer in No. I take the deep breath &’stop worrying. If it’s yes, I do the action & stop worrying.

βœ… βœ… βœ… Create/work on/develop my Art project at least 5minutes per day.
    I am an artist & I always have been.
    Feb 4: Stitching & worked on my
    Project for several hours.
    Feb 5: worked on a bday present (almost done!)
    βœ… βœ… βœ…tracked to the gram
    βœ… βœ… βœ…steps
    βœ… βœ… βœ…sat fat
    βœ… βœ… βœ…sodium
    βœ… βœ… βœ…protein
    βœ… βœ… βœ…freggies

Scale dropped overnight back into the 150’s!! It might bounce around next few days, but this is great.

1000’ climb today on long, gorgeous mountainous hike with my husband. Thrilled I can do this with himπŸ’•

23jn53s8g6wa.jpeg
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @themedalist

I’d love to learn what I need to do the Virtual exercise you mention when you have some time!

Thanks again for a very important post this month!!

πŸ’–Maddie
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    Report:
    On track for all my habits so far in February except for 2 habits on Friday and Saturday night. I didn't track calories as grazed so I had to take 2 pass days. Disappointing so early on in Feb as my goal was to hve no pass days but I'm back on the horse today and good news is I didn't go too crazy with the grazing so I dnt imagine there was too much damage done. Xo
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017, I’m happy to post more specifics about my experience with VR and how one might get started. I’ll do that soon.

I just saw this in James Clear’s newsletter and it seems so appropriate for our challenge this month! From the philosopher Epictetus:

β€œNow is the time to get serious about living your ideals. How long can you afford to put off who you really want to be? Your nobler self cannot wait any longer.

Put your principles into practice – now. Stop the excuses and the procrastination. This is your life! You aren’t a child anymore. The sooner you set yourself to your spiritual program, the happier you will be. The longer you wait, the more you’ll be vulnerable to mediocrity and feel filled with shame and regret, because you know you are capable of better.

From this instant on, vow to stop disappointing yourself. Separate yourself from the mob. Decide to be extraordinary and do what you need to do – now."
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options

πŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

Solid Daily Habits: 6/28 days

It’s great to see so many being so positive.
    Self belief is a very potent characteristic.
    zqgmkhckvfon.jpeg
    πŸ¦„ Terri

• BMcC9
    Options
    My Word For the Year is Diversify
    I am diversifying my style of activity from "nothing but cardio" to include Functional Strength (flexibility will come later in the year)
    I am diversifying my style of non-active hobbies to more than tablet-based, and including "abandoned" handwork projects. The beginner crewel work picture is the first. It was SUPPOSED to be a present for a very needle-crafty BFF.
    πŸ™ˆ = didn't do

Feb 4.5.6
    Functional strong senior (17+) aiming for 5 or 6 /wk - an [n] rest day doesn't count towards the 17+ but is NOT a πŸ™ˆ :
    πŸ₯ŠπŸ₯ŠπŸ₯ŠπŸ₯Š[n]πŸ₯Š
    Crafter (25+): (did last bit of diamond painting today β™Š- start progress on beginner crewel work tomorrow 🧡)
    β™ŠπŸ™ˆπŸ§΅πŸ§΅πŸ§΅πŸ§΅
    Self Care / nose spray daily (25+) :
    🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽
    Self Care / ear drops (daily till block clears, then weekly so 25+ to start):
    πŸ‘‚πŸ‘‚πŸ‘‚πŸ™ˆπŸ‘‚πŸ‘‚
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017, I’m happy to post more specifics about my experience with VR and how one might get started. I’ll do that soon.

I just saw this in James Clear’s newsletter and it seems so appropriate for our challenge this month! From the philosopher Epictetus:

β€œNow is the time to get serious about living your ideals. How long can you afford to put off who you really want to be? Your nobler self cannot wait any longer.

Put your principles into practice – now. Stop the excuses and the procrastination. This is your life! You aren’t a child anymore. The sooner you set yourself to your spiritual program, the happier you will be. The longer you wait, the more you’ll be vulnerable to mediocrity and feel filled with shame and regret, because you know you are capable of better.

From this instant on, vow to stop disappointing yourself. Separate yourself from the mob. Decide to be extraordinary and do what you need to do – now."

@themedalist
    I saw this, too!
    Very powerful!! This is not new!

Thanks for VR info - no rush :)

Have a great week!
    πŸ’•Maddie
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    My word for the year is β€œDELIGHT”

It’s been awesome πŸ’–
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Feb πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’– πŸ’–
    βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… shorten calls/online posting times (as needed)
    My time is valuable.

*Removed contact w/ friends:family as this is happening.

βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… If I catch myself worrying, I will firmly tell myself β€œI am a person who doesn’t worry.” And take deep breath in & slowly blow out.
    Feb 5: this is really working. I’ve shifted my focus from worrying to β€œIs there any action I need to take?” If the answer in No. I take the deep breath &’stop worrying. If it’s yes, I do the action & stop worrying.
    Feb 6: it’s working great

*Removed daily art, as it solid.

βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ…tracked to the gram
    βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ…steps
    *Removed Sat fat - solid habit
    * Removed sodium - solid habit
    *Removed protein- solid habit
    βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ…freggies Made a stirfry for first time in a long time!!

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Feb πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’– πŸ’–πŸ’–
    βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… shorten calls/online posting times (as needed)
    My time is valuable.

βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… If I catch myself worrying, I will firmly tell myself β€œI am a person who doesn’t worry.” And take deep breath in & slowly blow out.

βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ…tracked to the gram
    βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ…steps
    βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ…freggies salad!!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited February 2022
    Options
    2022 WOTY: CONSOLIDATE
    πŸ”Ήconsolidate current habits
    πŸ”Ήextend January Flexibility habit from 10 to 15 minutes.
    πŸ”Ή Solid Daily Habits: 7/28 days

πŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

@MadisonMolly2017
    Looks like you and I are both streamlining this month.

πŸ¦„ Terri
  • BMcC9
    Options
    My Word For the Year is Diversify
    I am diversifying my style of activity from "nothing but cardio" to include Functional Strength (flexibility will come later in the year)
    I am diversifying my style of non-active hobbies to more than tablet-based, and including "abandoned" handwork projects. The beginner crewel work picture is the first. It was SUPPOSED to be a present for a very needle-crafty BFF.
    πŸ™ˆ = didn't do

Feb 7
    Functional strong senior (17+) aiming for 5 or 6 /wk - an [n] rest day doesn't count towards the 17+ but is NOT a πŸ™ˆ :
    πŸ₯ŠπŸ₯ŠπŸ₯ŠπŸ₯Š[n]πŸ₯ŠπŸ₯Š
    Crafter (25+): (did last bit of diamond painting today β™Š- start progress on beginner crewel work tomorrow 🧡)
    β™ŠπŸ™ˆπŸ§΅πŸ§΅πŸ§΅πŸ§΅πŸ™ˆ *need better scheduling - cue * doesn't help that I am between audiobooks and text-reading at the moment, so I can't listen&craft
    🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽
    πŸ‘‚πŸ‘‚πŸ‘‚πŸ™ˆπŸ‘‚πŸ‘‚πŸ™ˆ *need better scheduling - cue

walking 7000 or more steps is solid, as is the UAC Big Three keystone habits (20+ mins intentional exercise / log / under calorie goal )

Gotta go back and re-read the 30 Days to Setting Better Habits email set from the beginning again.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Feb πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’– πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
    βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… shorten calls/online posting times (as needed)
    My time is valuable.
    Feb 8: I did it! β€œI’m gotta go! Time for my walk” she didn’t listen the first two times . β€œOK, nice chatting. Time for my walk. Bye!”

βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… If I catch myself worrying, I will firmly tell myself β€œI am a person who doesn’t worry.” And take deep breath in & slowly blow out.
    Feb 7: ditto
    Feb 8: This really helped today. Was worried - because of summer weather - about more fires. Caught myself..reminded myself β€œtake action or relax.” Thought about it, reminded myself we are prepared for bad air. Worried what if home repair (open to outside) happens at the same time. Realized we’d whole up in a couple of the non impacted rooms. RELAXED.
    This is becoming a habit! I tell mysel,”I’m on the No Stress Plan” smile relax and go have fun.

βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ…tracked to the gram
    βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ…steps
    βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ… βœ…freggies salad!!!

2022 WOTY: CONSOLIDATE
    πŸ”Ήconsolidate current habits
    πŸ”Ήextend January Flexibility habit from 10 to 15 minutes.
    πŸ”Ή Solid Daily Habits: 7/28 days

πŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

@MadisonMolly2017
    Looks like you and I are both streamlining this month.

πŸ¦„ Terri

Yes! @TerriRichardson112
    It’s an ebb & flow.
    We master some…then decide on more to try, then winnow.

🌸
    Maddie
  • BMcC9
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Feb 8
    πŸ₯ŠπŸ₯ŠπŸ₯ŠπŸ₯Š[n]πŸ₯ŠπŸ₯ŠπŸ™ˆ
    β™ŠπŸ™ˆπŸ§΅πŸ§΅πŸ§΅πŸ§΅πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ *need better scheduling - cue * doesn't help that I am between audiobooks and text-reading at the moment, so I can't listen&craft
    🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽
    πŸ‘‚πŸ‘‚πŸ‘‚πŸ™ˆπŸ‘‚πŸ‘‚πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ *need better scheduling - cue

The UAC Big Three keystone habits (20+ mins intentional exercise / log / under calorie goal ) are solid

walking 7000 or more steps per day is rock solid, thanks to a rolling set of fitbit Weekday and Weekend challenges .... the PROBLEM is the after-work or after supper exergame time (the majority of my stepping done here) plus now that the weather is warmer evening walk-to-do-errands instead of driving is cutting into what was "craft-stitching time" even though I only set myself a small daily target amount.

Gotta go back and re-read the 30 Days to Setting Better Habits email set from the beginning again.
    Yes x3

I always find that making something routine helps with the self discipline a lot.

Like logging. Just take a minute to log food as soon as its finished and get into the habit of doing that. Easier to maintain. Get into a routine of doing exercise either as soon as you wake up or as soon as the kids are in bed or whenever works for you. If you're in a routine then you only need the self discipline when the routine gets disrupted

We had a topic about self-discipline (or whatever one's preferred word might be) on UAC the other day (thank you @Jana_2020 ! Lots of wisdom shared over that!) and the highlighted bit above is me right now.

I didn't even fill in my tracker spreadsheet for two days. Things have been hectic trying to nail down details for a required trip leaving in 5 weeks and gone for just over 2 weeks.

Maybe I added too many things to my "start an evening routine" for starters. Maybe I gotta rethink time possibilities between end-work and suppertime ....

It's the DIVERSIFYing bit that I am getting pushback on from IGM .... plenty of cardio (supposed to be including functional strength too) and too-easy-default back to faux-crossstitch on the tablet (supposed to be trying for less tablet-based leisure&craft activities ... after spending all of a work day on-screen)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @themedalist

Your insights around identity are Really Working for me?

I’m creating a new identity for myself & Im a lot happier & energized!!

Thank you!
    🌸Maddie