Susan’s Hit the Gym Challenge!

Options
124»

Replies

• sls631
    sls631 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Buffalo NY so learned to ski at a very young age. Even so I must admit that my confidence was lacking the first day out. For me skiing is a reminder of family trips with parents, siblings and nieces and nephews. My mother zoomed down the slopes into her 70’s. Trip was with my younger sister so lots of time to reminisce.
    While I did get some gym visits in after my return from trip, I got a bit depressed and lazy last week. This week I am doing better and for the moment back on track. Headed off for a swim shortly. A bit bummed out that weight loss has stalled but I can’t say that I’ve been vigilant about what I am eating (and drinking). While I enjoy wine I don’t make good food choices when ‘under the influence’. ‘Dry February’ was a good idea and March needs to be a moderate month. Would love to break the 180 lbs mark by the time I go to Greece, April 11. Weight loss would need to accelerate, currently at 185.
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Wtg Susan on your gym streak!
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    MorticiaAddamsMSFS Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I am about the same weight and would like to move on down also.
  • sls631
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement. I needed it.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Happy Spring! 🌼🌱
  • sls631
    Options
    Weight loss stagnated in Mar-Apr but remembering that this is the time of year I fall off the exercise wagon, I’m recommitting to exercise and I even started logging food again. It’s amazing how you can think you aren’t eating that much and then when you see the daily calories you are floored.
    My trip to Greece was postponed until September so plenty of time to get weight down and get ready for walking. My challenge is that when I increase the walking it really aggravates the knees. I keep hoping that weight loss will help with knees but so far it hasn’t. Probably need to add some knee strengthening exercises to my routine.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    I also need some strengthening exercises.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    I did physical therapy to help my knees, from my lower back to my knees.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I really bashed one knee in my 30’s (one of my dogs was involved, but totally my fault, and weirdly, I can’t recall which one), waited a month to see my family doctor (I figured it would get better), was chastised a little bit for not coming earlier, and was informed I would more than likely need surgery, but the surgeon would require some knee strengthening first (exercises provided). Did them faithfully and declared fixed in a month’s time. So pleased with that! I am a proponent of PT, big-time. Hip, neck, and arm/back exercises in recent years, which helped significantly very quickly.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    I also think PT is great!
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    PT is great!
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    @sls631 How’s it going?
  • sls631
    Options
    Going well. As per usual yard work got me away from the gym but weight loss has been maintained. At least the yard looks good! Spent a lot of time and effort replacing the plants I lost over the winter and added some new ones as well. Now obsessed with the lawn. Also have some side work and needed to put some time in on my garage apartment rental. New tenant now in so cash flow is improving.
    I think I need a fitness challenge that ‘can travel’ so when I am on the road there’s still no excuse. I am committed to a 3 hour work session this morning but I think my challenge for today will be to find my old exercise book and create a 45 minute routine. I’ll keep you posted.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    I wish my hubby would get obsessed with the lawn. LOL. I clean it up and he junk it again.