March 21st
    Track: Yes
    Calories: No
    Exercise: Yes - Walking

March 22nd
    Track: Yes
    Calories: No
    Exercise: Yes - Cardio Dance

I'm kind of frustrated with being over my calories lately, but I'm not over by much and I don't have my diary set to add what I've burned so I know I'm not really over....I'm just frustrated a little....

@Smlisley I know it can be frustrating but maybe you should rethink that setting?? I've heard many people say that if it weren't for their exercise calories they wouldn't be able to eat. There's many schools of thought on eating them back, myself I shoot for eating back "some". I like to bank some to cover weighing/measuring/estimating errors.

Another option would be to view your diary in print mode (this needs to be done on a computer, not a phone). That's something that I like do do periodically as it shows WAY more information. Maybe I'll take a screen shot to show you. I change the report to show more than just one day, typically a week. Then I look for things that are driving calories, carbs and sodium (the things that I track most). Once you know what the heavy hitters are you can look for ways to make changes. Can you replace it with something similar for less? Keep the original but use less of it? But you need the info in order to make informed decisions.
    1bbt7g1hvad3.jpg

In this instance you can see that my best bet would be to lose the English muffin. Duh, LOL, but this is to show you what it looks like if you haven't seen this option.

ETA: the reason that I only do this periodically is that we all know making huge sweeping changes to our diets is a recipe for failure. If you make small changes, eliminating or finding a substitute for 1-2 things at a time you are more likely to succeed. So identify one thing that you have regularly that is putting you over and find a work-around. See how things go for a week or two and then look for another one. Small sustainable things are the key to success. For me one thing that had a huge impact was switching to sugar free creamer. Those here who know me know that the only reason that I drink coffee is to dilute my flavored creamer, ESPECIALLY if it's pumpkin spice!! :p
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    March 22

Track: No
    Under: Most likely no
    Exercise: No

March 23

Track: No
    Under: Not sure
    Exercise: Yes

Last 2 days I’ve been doing organizing projects and was doing way too much snacking! Need to get back on my routine fast 💨
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Tuesday March 22nd
    ✔️Track: yes
    ✔️ Under Calories: yes
    ✔️ Exercise: yes insanity
    ✔️ Water: yes

Wednesday March 23rd

I was under on Tuesday but I ate most of my calories during dinner. Lol oh well. Kids wanted to go out.
    I almost didn’t exercise today. I went to pool with family and I came back to do schoolwork then it was 845 and I pushed play to insanity. I got it done. I’m really surprised how much I can do when I started in January. I’m getting stronger lol
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,597 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 23 March
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    melissan84 wrote: »
    Tuesday March 22nd

Wednesday March 23rd

I was under on Tuesday but I ate most of my calories during dinner. Lol oh well. Kids wanted to go out.
    I almost didn’t exercise today. I went to pool with family and I came back to do schoolwork then it was 845 and I pushed play to insanity. I got it done. I’m really surprised how much I can do when I started in January. I’m getting stronger lol

@melissan84 Great job pushing through that Insanity!!
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Thank you, @DaffyGirl88 😊❤️

@susanshaughnessy80 Also, I hope your procedure goes well today and that you have a speedy recovery! <3

Thanks so much! I ended up having to reschedule my surgery (new date April 21), because I did have cold symptoms by Friday night. I’m feeling almost normal now, praise God. I’m going to catch up on my posting now 😊✅ Have a beautiful day! ☀️
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Sorry again for the late postings! Was down with a cold but feeling much better now! Thank you, Lord 🙌🏻

Saturday, March 19 - Tuesday, March 22

Tracked: yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercised: no

Wednesday, March 23
    Tracked: yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercised: yes (40 minutes on treadmill)
    Comments: Very thankful I was able to stick to my food plan during my sick days! I added back one cup of coffee to my daily regimen yesterday. I am using almond milk, Swerve (granular) & 1 teaspoon of sugar.

Have a blessed & beautiful day, everyone! 🙏🏻🌸
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    So I have a few minutes (don't tell my boss ;) ) my gym closed along with everyone else's in Mar 2020, and except for a short period of time last summer before the Delta surge, it has remained closed. My gym is on a military base and they follow different guidelines than the general public. My office is on the same base and I still can't go back to work due to building capacity limitations (we're currently at 50% max). I used to go to the gym every day before work taking spinning or Les Mills classes or using the weight room - which was a bit intimidating with all of those sailors and Marines around! LOL

BUT...it is slowly reopening to non-active duty people and I got to take a circuit class on Tuesday. I was VERY excited because I really missed classes. Even though I have a full gym in my basement (someday I should post pics) and bought a Peloton a few months ago, working out at home / alone isn't the same. The intensity just isn't there. It was a great circuit with some exercises that I knew, some that I hadn't done in a few years (TRX) and some that I'd never seen before (Bear plank to sit-back? WTH is that?!? :o )

Boy am I suffering from DOMS today!! Which is a good thing! It tells me that 1. even though I work out and do squats, lunges, etc. I haven't been working hard enough, and 2. I've rediscovered muscles that I haven't exercised in a while. What I love about this type of class is that it utilizes muscles in a way that i normally don't, and I need more of that. I promptly went and bought a multi class pass. :D
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited March 2022
    Options
    No matter the mistakes, or how slow you go, you are still way ahead of those that don't try.
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    💪🏻(Daily Post - Mar. 23)💪🏻
    Logged: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: no
    Water: 5 cups

MUAC
    Sunday - Saturday
    Green - yes days
    Red - no days
    🟢🟢🟢🔴🔘🔘🔘

What went right or wrong?
    I started my day early on my first day off because my cousin had a procedure and I was the driver for him. Then when we got home, the only thing he wanted to eat was pizza. And not trying to deprive myself, I allowed myself to have pizza. If I would’ve stuck to my original plan, I would’ve been under. But pizza is one those I have to limit or I can easily over indulge. Kind of why I avoid it usually. I was only over by like 424 calories so it could’ve been way worse!
  • melissan84
    Options

Boy am I suffering from DOMS today!! Which is a good thing! It tells me that 1. even though I work out and do squats, lunges, etc. I haven't been working hard enough, and 2. I've rediscovered muscles that I haven't exercised in a while. What I love about this type of class is that it utilizes muscles in a way that i normally don't, and I need more of that. I promptly went and bought a multi class pass. :D

That’s great. I hope you get to continue that class. Hope you are less sore tomorrow.
  • melissan84
    Options
    Thursday March 24th

Pushed through and did insanity but my body is sore all over. Tomorrow is cardio recovery which is more like yoga and stretching. I can’t wait. I think my body needs it.
    I don’t know if it’s muscle soreness but I have gained weight this week. My eating hasn’t been that bad to gain weight. So I’m thinking it’s insanity. Last time I did it, I didn’t lose any weight till 2-3 weeks in but lost inches. But I do feel clothes getting less tight so that’s good! I just need to stay away from scale except weigh day. 😆 oh well, I’m motivated and I can’t wait to lose the weight and go back to 140s. Ok rant over! 😂
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Thursday 24 March
    Track: no
    Under: no
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Weigh in Week 4
    PW: 143.3
    CW: 143.3

Holding steady again but down for the month so I'm ok with that. 👌
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    💪🏻(Daily Post - Mar. 24)💪🏻
    Logged: yes
    Under: yes
    Water: 5 cups

MUAC
    Sunday - Saturday
    Green - yes days
    Red - no days
    🟢🟢🟢🔴🟢🔘🔘

How was the day?
    It went good. Spent like 2 hours at the grocery store and then like 45 minutes cleaning the house! Very busy but I liked it 😊
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Tuesday(Wk4; Day 3)
    MUAC: Yes / Yes / Yes
    Wednesday(Wk4; Day 4)
    Thursday(Wk4; Day 5)
    Steps: 8041
    Total Calories: 1508
    Net Calories: 1348

As of Day 5:
    🔴🟢🟢🟢🟢🔘🔘
    Total Cals: 8460 (DailyAvg: 1692)
    Net Cals: 7960 (DailyAvg: 1592)
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    This week has gotten away on me!
    Tues
    Logged - yes
    Under - yes
    Exercise - walking

We'd
    Logged - yes
    Under - yes
    Exercise - walking

Thurs
    Logged - yes
    Under - yes
    Exercise - walking
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Options
    Week4 Roundtable Discussion: WRD
    Share a meal
    Have you made a healthier version of meal that is normally heavy or more calorie-dense?? Can you share how it turned out? Did you or your family like it? Will you make it again? How did the calorie / carb count compare to the original? Please share the recipe if you can.. thank you!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • melissan84
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Share a meal
    Have you made a healthier version of meal that is normally heavy or more calorie-dense?? Can you share how it turned out? Did you or your family like it? Will you make it again? How did the calorie / carb count compare to the original? Please share the recipe if you can.. thank you!

So occasionally I crave pizza. But I make my own. Here’s som pictures on how it comes out. pnjk036fj5rc.jpeg
    uzixopnt10vz.jpeg
    o29x1h34eb27.jpeg

Sometimes I make bbq sauce with chicken and I add onions or banana peppers or what I want. Or sometimes Buffalo sauce with chicken. Etc. This is my go to when I crave pizza.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    melissan84 wrote: »
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Share a meal

So occasionally I crave pizza. But I make my own. Here’s som pictures on how it comes out. pnjk036fj5rc.jpeg
    uzixopnt10vz.jpeg
    o29x1h34eb27.jpeg

Sometimes I make bbq sauce with chicken and I add onions or banana peppers or what I want. Or sometimes Buffalo sauce with chicken. Etc. This is my go to when I crave pizza.

@melissan84 that looks very good 🤤 can I ask what the carb count is for that meal? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.